Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:22 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 DOOMSDAY PREP FOR THE SUPER-RICH 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm posting this in the prepper section so we can locate these hideaways. Check back here during the TEOTWAWKI for the WAGuns raiding party. :thumbsup2:
http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/ ... super-rich

Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Vault secure! :thumbsup2:

Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well the article was doing pretty well until they diverged into playing politics and pushing all the phony talking points of the left. after the fifth one or so I gave up.

Here's a statement about their real intent that sums it up well:
Quote:
To Levchin, prepping for survival is a moral miscalculation; he prefers to “shut down party conversations” on the topic. “I typically ask people, ‘So you’re worried about the pitchforks. How much money have you donated to your local homeless shelter?’ This connects the most, in my mind, to the realities of the income gap. All the other forms of fear that people bring up are artificial.” In his view, this is the time to invest in solutions, not escape. “At the moment, we’re actually at a relatively benign point of the economy. When the economy heads south, you will have a bunch of people that are in really bad shape. What do we expect then?”

So basically being prepared is not morally correct. Using the money you have earned is immoral unless you pony it up to all the so called down trodden. I'm not against a call for them to their resources to help but basically here is a guy telling others they should be giving their money away (while you will note continuing to make plenty himself!!)
Also, if he wants to think that all other fears are artificial, he's dumber than I thought. At a benign point, guess that is what happens when you fall for the liberal line. As they say, ;liberalism is a mental disorder. He certainly fits the bill.

One other thing that the article and these holier than thou kind of forget. Is that building that get away, producing that car, building that road, refurbishing that silo all put people to work. While its great to give money to the homeless shelter if you want to, (My opinion is most of that money is going to be wasted), I prefer to give my money to other more meaningful projects and groups. But that was my decision. You want to do that fine but I would love it if they would quit trying to tell me what I should do with what I have worked for. I could go on but enough for now.

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:24 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]