Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:48 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Local or regional gear/training networks or groups? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hey all (and moderators, feel free to move this thread to "events" if that's where it belongs),

It's been some time since I've posted, I went dark for a while, fearing what our government had in store for us if "she" won. I feel better about the state of the country now, but it's clear that we're not safe and staying prepared and organized continues to be super important... especially in this blue-ish state.

So, I wanted to ask... are any of you part of local or regional groups to help stay organized, trained and prepared? I'm not talking about the occasional BBQ and chit-chat, I'm more interested in getting together to test new gear, do some run-and-gunning, train, exchange information, teach each other about survival and other skills, etc. I'm sure BBQ would be involved too. I'm not looking to play soldier (or to pretend to be one), but clearly current or ex military members would be more than welcome in such a group. I'm more looking to find like-minded people who want to stay active (physically and mentally), teach, learn, and actually use the things they polish and keep in their safes. Did you just buy a new rifle or a new survival blade? That'd be the perfect setting to test it. The key would be getting together (outside) and doing, rather than just talking about it on forums. New friends would naturally follow. See what I'm getting at?

I looked at the WA Militia website, but their regional regiments seem very military-focused and also lacking members. I know organizing within one's neighborhood is important, but I only have a few neighbors who I could see standing with me if SHTF. I'd like to have a bigger network.

If this has been discussed already or there are better places to ask, just point me in that direction. Thanks!

- Metal

Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:32 pm

Building your tribe is the essential key to self preservation, according to John Mosby (aka Mountain Guerrilla.) I would approach the few neighbors you mentioned, and ask them if they've even thought about a SHTF scenario. If they have thought about it, ask them if they would be interested in enhancing their preparations, and go from there. If you want to learn more about how to approach them, you can find articles by Mosby on the web.

The same Government that considers the Founding Fathers 'Terrorists, is the same Government the Founding Fathers warned us against…

MEMBER; NRA, SAF, GOA, Lewis County Oath Keepers,

Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Have you checked into your local Search and Rescue unit? I know it's not exactly what you're looking for, but there are training opportunities and people to get to know.

Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

One of the other options is to join one of the facebook groups for preparedness. Many of them are in to firearms as well as being prepared. I have some contacts if you are interested as they are closed groups. Drop me a PM if you would like me to ask about getting you added. If nothing else you might make some contacts that lead to others etc....
They tend to do what you are asking about every other month or two, focusing on all sorts of stuff. Let me know,

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:46 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"Meetup" has a lot of groups:
https://www.meetup.com/Future-Apocalyps ... -Training/

Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]