Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Best places to buy? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Growler67 wrote:
Soldier_Citizen wrote:
RusoArmo wrote:

Never used one of these.... What's it's improvement over like the CAT or SOF?

Designed to be easily usable by an injured individual, one handed. I got 2 off a zpecial I zaw on their Instagram a while back. One for my med bag and another for my go bag.

They say that.... Yet I can easily use a CAT or SOF with one hand. I'll dig up some reviews. May order one just to look it over

Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:35 pm

I have other TQ's in my bags, added these as an extra layer.

Practice does NOT make perfect. Perfection is an Ideal and thus cannot exist in the real world. To seek perfection is to set yourself up for failure. Instead, strive for Excellence. Excellence is an attainable goal - Coach George Yamamoto, Mililani High School, RIP

Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I ordered 4. For the price I can't complain. Solid reviews everywhere I've looked.

Use promo code RATS for free shipping.

Sent from Crimea, Russia

Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Soldier_Citizen wrote:
mash man wrote:
Galls.com

Apparently your idea of cheap and mine vary greatly

When it comes to shit that you need to save a loved ones life you want to go cheap?

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am however interested in other trauma supplies so if anyone has any good deals let me know.

Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mash man wrote:
Soldier_Citizen wrote:
mash man wrote:
Galls.com

When it comes to shit that you need to save a loved ones life you want to go cheap?

No but I refuse to buy from galls. Then fuckers have the most over priced shit 99% of the time. Why would I go to the most expensive place to buy the same item that I can get someplace else for cheaper? When they are the exact same thing. Mind you I'm also not receiving any sort of "allotment" to buy my shit like some other places or companies

Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:42 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Soldier_Citizen wrote:
mash man wrote:
Soldier_Citizen wrote:
mash man wrote:
Galls.com

No but I refuse to buy from galls. Then fuckers have the most over priced shit 99% of the time. Why would I go to the most expensive place to buy the same item that I can get someplace else for cheaper? When they are the exact same thing. Mind you I'm also not receiving any sort of "allotment" to buy my shit like some other places or companies

Lol ok I will buy that. I made nice with an Army medic :045:

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Soldier_Citizen wrote:
Jagerbomber35 wrote:
I'll be damned, I get to help out finally. You need to contact Paris(Col_Temp). I believe he is the go to for this sort of thing.
Also, another guy is a member here, as well as SGN. Have dealt with him over there, but not here. Same name in bith places, but its escaping me currently. He isn't a daily poster. However I think he is a mn medic of some sort and help people build IFAKS and such, like he did for me. Anyone have a name?

I'll email col_temp. Since mash and gundrader aren't much help

PM replied too. I'm going to pass the question onto a couple of facebook groups I'm a member of. Will be interesting to see what they have as additional sources.. Will post back...

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:02 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Col_Temp wrote:
Soldier_Citizen wrote:
Jagerbomber35 wrote:
I'll be damned, I get to help out finally. You need to contact Paris(Col_Temp). I believe he is the go to for this sort of thing.
Also, another guy is a member here, as well as SGN. Have dealt with him over there, but not here. Same name in bith places, but its escaping me currently. He isn't a daily poster. However I think he is a mn medic of some sort and help people build IFAKS and such, like he did for me. Anyone have a name?

I'll email col_temp. Since mash and gundrader aren't much help

PM replied too. I'm going to pass the question onto a couple of facebook groups I'm a member of. Will be interesting to see what they have as additional sources.. Will post back...

Thanks!

Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here's some info from some people over on Facebook.
(Saw your PM as well. IF I can help will be glad to!)

As with many things, medical equipment it depends on what quality you want. You can have cheap or you can have good. Rarely are the two the same item. What's your preference?
I personally try to build as small of a kit as possible and train the user how to make one item suit several tasks. Unitaskers are something I like to avoid if possible.

https://www.life-assist.com/
I have accounts with several places. Life assist is one. If you know what you are looking for there are some deals to be had on eBay and Amazon. But do your due diligence there.

https://store.doomandbloom.net/ --- http://www.rescue-essentials.com/ --- 2 places that I've used for my personal EMT at-home kits --- not really discount places, but good quality items

I go to the box box stores for bulk disposable items such as gauze, bandages, and gloves. Doomandbloom.net is a good one. So is patriotnurse.com, and emtmedicfirst.com (that last one might have been taken down). For the most part if I'm looking for specifics I just figure out what I need and hit Amazon for price checks or to follow their links to external sites.

Can't vouch directly for any of the above but most come from sources I know or are well respected within the group and not just spouting any old thing. I'll be taking a look at some of them as well as this may be something to add to the group buy. Especially if we can get a discount for buying 10 items of something and share the cost!

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:51 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'd definitely be in for a group buy of some med supplies. If you can get lower prices on TQs, Combat gauze, celox, israeli bandage, quick clot, etc. Shit like that.

Depending on prices, I'd be in for a few of each

Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

CAT Alternative for $19 shipped... Has good amazon reviews if that counts for anything

https://www.amazon.com/Tourniquet-Appli ... merReviews

Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some more suggestions:

I get my bulk gauze, ace wraps, and miscellaneous items from shopmedvet.com
They have great prices, and usually a free item with every order -- syringes, scissors, bandages.

https://www.firstaidsuppliesonline.com/ I have shopped there

Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:11 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here's the best price for SWAT-T torniquetes
http://www.ar500armor.com/swat-t-tourniquet-pressure-dressing-bandage.html#.V9JduvkrLm4

From one of my facebook contacts....

Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:14 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2