Switch to full style
SHTF, TEOTWAWKI, Survival or just preventive planning.
Post a reply

Re: SurvivorLibrary - Anyone else syncing?

Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:09 pm

Looking much better now! Thx Lunacite!
In the time we have been talking about this today....I went from 11w to 1d7h -ish, I can live with that. thumbsup

I'm gonna work on tweaking the computer to stay on even when unattended. (Nice being the company IT guy!) So the feed should stay up like all the time.
My bt is set for unlimited up and unlimited down, and 10000% seed....so there should be plenty of pipe headed out to anyone who is after it.
Currently there are only 2(4) seeds and 8(14) peers.

To all:

It helps if you make sure your torrent client is tweaked to optimum with the Azureus U/L settings calculator
http://infinite-source.de/az/az-calc.html
This calculator will tell you the correct settings to use based on your actual internet connection.
Here's the directions:
https://torrentfreak.com/calculate-your ... -settings/

Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:17 pm

If anyone wants to ship me a 128gb flash drive/sd card/ssd/hard drive I can make them a copy and mail it out to you.

The whole thing is 113gb so it should fit with a little filesystem overhead.

edit: You're also welcome to come to my place with a laptop or tower and copy it over GigE

Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:28 pm

I already had a huge book file on hand from several years ago.
I have not had the time to see what exactly is different.
But I suspect that either this is a cleaned up version, OR that I will have a few gigs worth of data to add to the existing DL.

I am trying to figure out a reliable method to compare all the files. Hand sorting...isn't an option.
Many of the other files I have are doc, txt, pdb, html, rar, wri, wps, zip, gif, jpg, chm and other file types.

What I already have is 52.2 GB - 71,012 files, 1,931 folders

Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:53 pm

Ok this is weird.
I'm up to like 91% and it has stopped twice telling me there was a file missing. And it stops the whole download process.
I am trying a third time now.
But if someone has a clue...I got a quarter.

Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:27 pm

H2obouget wrote:I already had a huge book file on hand from several years ago.

I am trying to figure out a reliable method to compare all the files. Hand sorting...isn't an option.
Many of the other files I have are doc, txt, pdb, html, rar, wri, wps, zip, gif, jpg, chm and other file types.

What I already have is 52.2 GB - 71,012 files, 1,931 folders

My prep document collection ( including video) is up around 350 gigs and yeah its all categorized by hand.
It's mainly a wintertime project for me; not much gets done on the collection over the summer months, and I suspect that's true for most people since I get most of my requests to share the collection over the winter months

Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:11 am

Welcome to WaGuns, tc556guy! :wavey:

Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:17 am

Thanks for reviving this thread as I didn't know it existed. At my download speeds I should be almost finished by the time we hold our next sham presidential election.
Could we hold off going all militia for 8 years so I can get this library finished downloading please?

OTOH, Chris if your offer of loading up a thumb drive is still good I'll pick one up.

Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:53 am

MadPick wrote:Welcome to WaGuns, tc556guy! :wavey:

Thanks very much. You guys came up on a Google search and I surfed around a week or so before I joined up yesterday.
Always good to get a different viewpoint or two or three on an issue.

PMB wrote:Thanks for reviving this thread as I didn't know it existed. At my download speeds I should be almost finished by the time we hold our next sham presidential election.
Could we hold off going all militia for 8 years so I can get this library finished downloading please?

OTOH, Chris if your offer of loading up a thumb drive is still good I'll pick one up.

That's why I went with thumbdrives and external drives myself for sharing my stuff.
Lots of people ask "why not just put it in the cloud or via torrent"
Simply because for a lot of rural folks, the type who tend to prep more often than not...they're still often stuck in the dark ages in terms of internet speed. For those sorts its much easier to pass around a thumbdrive. Plus, with so many eyes watching, I prefer to not have it out there on a publicly hosted site.

Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:48 am

I shuffled around a lot of my data, let me see if I can find it and pull it out of my offline storage

Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:39 am

BTW, For another source simmilar to survivor library Check out this one:
http://patriotrising.com/survival-pdf-files-manuals-guides/

Note at the top is a link to download the whole thing!

Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:47 am

Thanks for the link Col Temp

Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:48 am

Sweet will download and seed. Thanks.

Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:56 pm

Gonna have to do the sneaker net method ... our HughesNet sat runs like 28.8k dial-up speeds (on a good day) with 650ms ping. Not to forget the 10GB/50GB monthly limit.

Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:57 pm

SporkBoy wrote:Gonna have to do the sneaker net method ... our HughesNet sat runs like 28.8k dial-up speeds (on a good day) with 650ms ping. Not to forget the 10GB/50GB monthly limit.

Or get someone who has download a bunch of it to send you a USB stick or two.
BTW have known a few that suffered through Hughesnet. Haven't found a one who canned them the first chance they got.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:30 am

I haven't managed to dig up my local copy but I'm looking for another one to grab on my 500mb corpnet
Post a reply