Switch to full style
SHTF, TEOTWAWKI, Survival or just preventive planning.
Post a reply

Re: Spring has sprung, lets see your gardens...

Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:11 pm

5 weeks til' the work begins....

Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:19 am

Not garden but putting in another 80 Apple trees. Digging in frozen dirt is not for the faint of heart.

Lady
Jonathan
Muscat de Bernay
Michelin
Ashmeads Kernel
Niedzwetzkyana (heck if a scrabble word).

Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:21 am

SporkBoy wrote:Not garden but putting in another 80 Apple trees. Digging in frozen dirt is not for the faint of heart.

Lady
Jonathan
Muscat de Bernay
Michelin
Ashmeads Kernel
Niedzwetzkyana (heck if a scrabble word).

I had to cut down two of my apple trees last year to make room for a new cement slab. It almost made me cry.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:26 am

Bought this aerogarden off of offerup at a hell of a price. Finally got some seed pods in and we have herbs growing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:30 pm

my rhubarb are sprouting........

Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:54 am

Worked in the yard for seven hours on Saturday.. Spread a tilled 2 yards of organic garden soil, fenced off the garden with Anti-puppy fencing, finished off my cedar fence repair. Starts, stain and seeds to come soon.

Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:09 am

I ended up with an extra 4 yards of garden soil. 2/3 compost, 1/3 dirt.
Anyone want/ need some? I'll even help you shovel! Free in South Tacoma.

Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:33 am

All my seeds and starts are in.... Now its the waiting game.

30 tomato plants (8 strains)
30 Pepper plants (8 strains)
Onions, Garlic, Basil, Oregano, Thyme, Rosemary, Spaghetti Squash, Heirloom Squash, Blueberries, Strawberries, Raspberries, Cilantro, Dill, Asparagus, Beets and Peas.

Tue May 15, 2018 5:55 am

Just about a month in...

Tue May 15, 2018 6:02 am

Sweet ! :thumbsup2:

Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:28 pm

I've grown tomatoes and zucchini in barrels in the past but wanted to try something bigger and better. Too many deer and rabbits walking through my yard so I needed to build in some defense. This spot gets sun all day but the slope made it challenging.
Started by sinking some 4x6" posts in the ground and running chicken wire around, buried in 6-8" to keep the rabbits out. Then wrapped the thing in 7.5' deer fence with a cable running along the top.
I had to build a short retaining wall in one corner and shovel in 3 yards of dirt while terracing the slope for the beds. I built the 4x8'x12" beds from rough cut yellow cedar with hardware cloth on the bottom to keep the moles out. They took about a yard each of garden mix from the local dirt yard to fill. This morning I shoveled in two trailer loads of chips to clean it up some. I have the lumber to build two more 10' beds to run along the fence on either side of the gate. Still a work in progress.
So far I have Red Zepplin onions from Dixiondale Farms planted, some Garlic starts, Radishes, lettuces, snap peas, etc. planted. And Potatoes in the buckets. Another week or two yet before I'll plant the rest.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:53 pm

^Looks great! Nice work.

I have a green thumb, but a yard that gets very little sun, so I gave up on trying to have a fruit & vegetable garden. I grow moss instead. It's doing great!

Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:02 pm

LOG always has a great garden, but mtnwkr has sure put together a nice one too! I better go get my Pepper starts, I'm late again as usual.
That's all I play with, the Wife decides the rest. :ROFLMAO:

Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:09 pm

mtnwkr wrote:...wanted to try something bigger and better....

Nicely Done!

Great set-up...though it looks like somebody wants one of those to be a sandbox :ROFLMAO:

Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:39 pm

flag and garden.
Post a reply