Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:14 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 20  Next
 Spring has sprung, lets see your gardens... 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In the middle of putting together a 10x12 greenhouse from harbor freight. Something around 2,500 pieces, and still finishing it. Also picked up a 1975 Troy built Horse tiller yesterday. It's a beast. I nead to till in the 30 yards of compost I got last fall. We are planning a deer/elk fence around a 40x 60 section to start. Our soil has a lot of clay, so we are adding a bunch of straw as well. I don't think we have enough ground planned out for all our seed types, but we only have so much time to invest as well. Last year we did great with a deck garden. Let's hear about your guys plans! Brian

Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Got a new grow light. Started some flowers, need to get crops growing. Probably try some melons this year again, start inside, then out to the greenhouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Decided to buy a couple large oval steel planting tubs for some herbs this summer. The ground space will be at a premium this year.

Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Spent a few solid hours in the yard today enjoying the sunshine. Five fruit trees planted today and started the process on tuning up my tiller.

Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Going to do Tomatoes and cucumbers ( maybe a pepper or two ) this year upside down on my north fence line, so they will get full southern sun all day. And just reading this little gem > http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/special ... dening.htm

They suggest leaving lids off buckets and planting lettuce on the top. This sounds like a great idea. And no bugs or slugs. I use the big hanging basket brackets and only do them on the posts. Walmart has them for 2.98, and lowes instead of Home depot for the buckets, Lowes are white ( better for the green house effect) and 3.99 compared to 5 bucks at Home Depot.
Starting on the first weekend in April. I will attach a pic when done.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I took all the plastic off my raised beds and lower garden area today and started prepping for my dirt delivery on Saturday.

Planted two black seedless grape bushes, and some more Raspberry starts as well. Running out of room!

Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

About two weeks out from plants going in the ground, crazy how time flies. I'm having three yards of Garden mix delivered and will be in my driveway Saturday morning at 8am... :bigsmile:

Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:15 pm

Last year, I bought 6 garden bags, and a bag of seeding potato. I cut the potato up, and planted them in the bags. All was going good, the eyes turned to leafy sprouts, and were growing good. I think I jumped the gun, and started piling dirt over the leaves, a wee bit too soon. Anyways, I thought between the drought, and my minor mistake, that I screwed up, and killed the crop.

This year, I was asked to move the bags from where I had them, and I started emptying them. A full bag of dirt is a bit much to move easily, so I took a spade, and started to unload the bags a bit. As I'm taking a shovel full of dirt out of the bag, I see a lump stuck to the edge of the spade blade. Eureka! I struck potato! So, I was a bit more careful removing the dirt, after that. I actually doubled the yield, from the amount I started with last year.

So, I spent the day making an in-ground spot for them, and tomorrow, I get to cut up the booty and re-plant in their new home. By the looks of the potatoes I've removed so far (2 bags left to empty) I'll more than likely have 20 plants this year. My back is sore, my fingers are dry from soil, but, damn it feels good!

The same Government that considers the Founding Fathers 'Terrorists, is the same Government the Founding Fathers warned us against…

MEMBER; NRA, SAF, GOA, Lewis County Oath Keepers,

Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Went bigger this year than past ones, and put the second of three rounds of veggie starts in the ground yesterday. I got lazy this year and only did Beets and the carrots from seed which will go in the ground next weekend, everything else is going to be a start.

If everything pans out like I hope, the only thing I will need from the produce section for a few months will be bananas and citrus fruits.

:thumbsup2:

Last edited by L_O_G on Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
About two weeks out from plants going in the ground, crazy how time flies. I'm having three yards of Garden mix delivered and will be in my driveway Saturday morning at 8am... :bigsmile:

If you didnt have an Escalade "truck", you wouldn't have to pay for delivery. Just saying :AR15firing:

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Paying $20 is well worth the price for delivery and dump in the area I want. No need to touch it twice.

Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Everything is officially in the ground:

Peas, carrots, Swiss Chard, Potatoes, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Two different types of onions, six different types of peppers (sweet & hot), Beets, Basil, Thyme, Oregano, Pumpkins, Two different types of Squash, Collards, Cantaloupe, Two different types of lettuce, Black grapes, and Brussel Sprouts. In addition to all that, I also added three more blueberry bushes and 10 more strawberry starts to what I already had.

Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
Everything is officially in the ground:

Peas, carrots, Swiss Chard, Potatoes, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Two different types of onions, six different types of peppers (sweet & hot), Beets, Basil, Thyme, Oregano, Pumpkins, Two different types of Squash, Collards, Cantaloupe, Two different types of lettuce, Black grapes, and Brussel Sprouts. In addition to all that, I also added three more blueberry bushes and 10 more strawberry starts to what I already had.

Put something like lettuce in the tops of them homer buckets ..take the tops off. Strawberries work great in the top also.

Thu May 05, 2016 6:11 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

We only have a few strawberries so far. We are going to turn the veggie garden into a flower garden for a year.

So, we have been working the lawn, irrigation, drip system and curb appeal.

Fri May 06, 2016 6:10 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

we've been getting trees in mostly. Got a 4 way fruit tree (2 plums, nectarine, apricot) in, with two Almond Trees I need to stick in the ground.

Just planted up the summer squash yesterday. Corn seeds and melon seeds in finally. If the corn doesn't turn out ok this year, I'm going to stop planting it.

Fri May 06, 2016 6:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 20  Next