WGO Chat Room Rehv Arms LPG Pintos
Gear COUNTYLINE WCA Fortis 2A Ind.
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 1st Light Infantry Militia 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SporkBoy wrote:
A well regulated militia (aside from the clearly unconstitutional National Guard and neutered organized state militia) being necessary for the security of a free state is outlawed! Do you feel infringed?

That does sound vaguely familiar. :bigsmile:

I feel infringed a little more every day listening to our AG, Governor, and the majority of our state legislators.

“The rights of conscience we never submitted, we could not submit. We are answerable for them to our God. The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my legs.” – Thomas Jefferson, 1782

Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:57 am

A great many states have laws that effectively outlaw the unorganized militia or training of groups in use or arms.

The militia acts essentially give national guard, organized state militia and unorganized militia along with statutory power to the executive branch to call up the militias.

For intents and purposes in most states one wishing to engage in militia duties/activities the options are (not counting enlistment in armed forces) the national guard, state guard (aka state organized militia under command of the governor) or you are in your own.

Long gone are the days where the local militia was the backbone of community and the first line of defense or aid to county sheriff.

Want to 'militia'? Tread very carefully.

Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3