Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:05 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Fire Prevention 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I see a number of folks here plan to stay put in the event of some sort of disaster. Disaster type permitting. So let's say shtf and you are having to defend your home, how ready are you to put out a fire? What if I want your goods and you won't trade? How about I burn your place down and force you to take action picking you off in the process and taking what I need? Or from a natural event standpoint are you ready to put out flames to save your home? Is that extinguisher still up to date? What other fire prevention methods do you have in plase?

Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:35 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I pick up old expired ones from a guy at the swap meets.
He refills and charges them, can't sell them to businesses as the tanks are expired.
Last time talked him down to 3 for $10 and I cherry picked them.
One guy came along and bought all he had, over 100 of them.
Just CO2 and baking soda. Either the valve works or it doesn't.
If it's leaking, the gauge will show it.

Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A hundred foot hose attached to every hose bib with a nozzle for distance. Metal roof, cement siding, keep your gutters cleaned out, and no vegitation within ten feet of your house.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mcyclonegt wrote:
A hundred foot hose attached to every hose bib with a nozzle for distance. Metal roof, cement siding, keep your gutters cleaned out, and no vegitation within ten feet of your house.

was gonna mention a little more room than that, about 30 ft or more and another at 100ft.. if you got acres keep that grass cut low.

new yrs and 4th of july heck every thing gets hosed down a good soaking.

Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I literally have rocks to ten and low cut grass out to 30. We are on ten acres I have about 4 large trees close and would love to cut them down, but I'm a tree hugging hippie. Plus they block the sun, it's a tough choice.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Roof mounted sprinklers come in handy. Check out this thread for some real world examples - http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/show ... st18747945

Also this one http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/show ... ?t=1112939

Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Having a fire due to a major earthquake worries me more than my house being compromised to fire if SHTF. Its all good to plan of having hoses hooked up to hose bibs, but if the quake is big enough and knocks out all power those plans go out the window.

Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

LOL, it never stops raining in North Bend, good luck getting my house to burn.

And if you did some how get it to catch, at least a dozen neighbors will come out an nag you about how yard fires are not allowed.

Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Raygun74 wrote:
LOL, it never stops raining in North Bend, good luck getting my house to burn.

And if you did some how get it to catch, at least a dozen neighbors will come out an nag you about how yard fires are not allowed.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]