Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:27 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Well I have come to a conclusion........ 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cake slut, judging by his avatars over the years on both sites.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Gasitman wrote:
I am confused, who else is Steve? I'm Steve.

Are you a cake whore?

WINCO whore!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:23 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think you mean whore whore....

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Gasitman wrote:
I am confused, who else is Steve? I'm Steve.

Are you a cake whore?

I love cake!!

Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's heavy. Exactly why I carry a full ruck, chest rig and carry my rifle and pistol when I hike into a camping location. A pack that fits and carries the load right and your other gear doesn't interfere with is critical. Rocking the rifleman ruck on a mollee frame and a Bae systems chest rig.

Get that shit all balanced correctly and you're good to go. I don't have armor yet but it's on the list.

Fri May 22, 2015 11:40 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The start of this thread is why...
I tell people thinking about buying body armor... as a pure stupid as f**k thing to do with their money.

It's a waste for a civlian to buy this shit. It may be "tacticool" but serves no function... except to tell me... you are a fool - parted with your money.

If you are concerned over gettting shot... invest it in good firearms and lots of ammo (well loaded magazines to be precise). :thumbsup2:

Yes, two weeks ago I had this discussion with my own brother. And yes, I called him a stupid ass to his face too... :facepalm2:
And... no it does not matter even if you are shape. :wink05:

Fri May 22, 2015 11:50 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

To all the men who humped all this and more in 100 to 130 heat in Iraq, and at altitude in Afghanistan.... :bow:
Also remember those who did not come home this Memorial Day! :usa:

Fri May 22, 2015 12:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

oldkim wrote:
I tell people thinking about buying body armor... as a pure stupid as f**k thing to do with their money.

It's a waste for a civlian to buy this shit. It may be "tacticool" but serves no function... except to tell me... you are a fool - parted with your money.

If you are concerned over gettting shot... invest it in good firearms and lots of ammo (well loaded magazines to be precise). :thumbsup2:

Yes, two weeks ago I had this discussion with my own brother. And yes, I called him a stupid ass to his face too... :facepalm2:

The only thing I think you need armor for is if SHTF and you plan on doing building clearing.
If it is truly EOTWAWKI, armor is just more crap to carry and care for. if you get shot without real medical help...you're screwed. Plain and simple.
Every ounce of hard plate you put on, just slows you down and wears you out.
Better to be fast and light, then heavy and slow.
If you are worried about knives, rocks, bats, and the like...you can make some very light weight, but very protective armor out of 3/16" ABS.
Won't stop a bullet, but ... as I said above... if you get shot without real medical help...you're screwed.
The ABS is light (neck down coverage weights the same as a front and back plate of AR500), resilient, won't rust or rot, and easily fitted to different body types.
We tested the concept against a direct thrust, with a plate grounded on the ground (The most direct, human strike we could get.), using one of those Harbor Freight Rambo hunting knives.
A similar shot with no armor went right to the hilt...
With the armor,....The blade only penetrated about 1/2" into soft tissue.
We took solid swings from a bat to the wearers back. You felt it, it stung, but you were still breathing, and fully capable of fighting.
Machete to the leg...did nothing but nick the plastic.
Brick to the shin...nothing.
For something to protect your body on a daily basis ...I highly recommend it. Think of it as a 3/16" of extra hard skin with almost 100% mobility.
I've worn the stuff for hours at a time while doing full contact martial arts. I don't think it can be beat.

Someone shoots you with a bullet...you're done.....eh...might stop a 22 from a distance.

Fri May 22, 2015 12:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

One of the main reasons I got back into shape and told the guys in my group to do the same. In Iraq I could run with full battle rattle no problem climb over walls and wear it all day if I had to. . Also I picked up a weight vest that you can go for walks in and build up your shoulders I have 40lbs on mine it will get you used to the weight :thumbsup2:

Sun May 24, 2015 9:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

H2obouget wrote:
oldkim wrote:

The only thing I think you need armor for is if SHTF and you plan on doing building clearing.
If it is truly EOTWAWKI, armor is just more crap to carry and care for. if you get shot without real medical help...you're screwed. Plain and simple.
Every ounce of hard plate you put on, just slows you down and wears you out.
Better to be fast and light, then heavy and slow.
If you are worried about knives, rocks, bats, and the like...you can make some very light weight, but very protective armor out of 3/16" ABS.
Won't stop a bullet, but ... as I said above... if you get shot without real medical help...you're screwed.
The ABS is light (neck down coverage weights the same as a front and back plate of AR500), resilient, won't rust or rot, and easily fitted to different body types.
We tested the concept against a direct thrust, with a plate grounded on the ground (The most direct, human strike we could get.), using one of those Harbor Freight Rambo hunting knives.
A similar shot with no armor went right to the hilt...
With the armor,....The blade only penetrated about 1/2" into soft tissue.
We took solid swings from a bat to the wearers back. You felt it, it stung, but you were still breathing, and fully capable of fighting.
Machete to the leg...did nothing but nick the plastic.
Brick to the shin...nothing.
For something to protect your body on a daily basis ...I highly recommend it. Think of it as a 3/16" of extra hard skin with almost 100% mobility.
I've worn the stuff for hours at a time while doing full contact martial arts. I don't think it can be beat.

Someone shoots you with a bullet...you're done.....eh...might stop a 22 from a distance.

Sounds badass. Build me one?

Sun May 24, 2015 10:19 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Marine3%er wrote:
One of the main reasons I got back into shape and told the guys in my group to do the same. In Iraq I could run with full battle rattle no problem climb over walls and wear it all day if I had to. . Also I picked up a weight vest that you can go for walks in and build up your shoulders I have 40lbs on mine it will get you used to the weight :thumbsup2:

I've been thinking about getting back in to shape too. Round is unfortunately the shape I've allowed myself to become, and deadlifting a beer is oh so tasty. :cheers2:

Thu May 28, 2015 12:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3