Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:52 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Stripped SAA lowers... 

$89.99. These are the SAA brand, that is the online company.

We will have ours again (the Tacoma and Lakewood physical stores) once the ATF approves the variance for manufacturing... eventually.

Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:19 pm

Originally posted on the SAA web site as a product review of the SAA ar15 lowers. Of course, since it's a negative review, it was discarded by the SAA site admin.

We bought a 3 pack during their "holiday" sale and feel as if we got a a 3 pack of "blems". The machining is the worst I've ever seen especially in the "web" area between the pistol grip and stock screw down. Usually you'll get a slighty raised strip with edges on both sides. These 3 lowers have a single edge (smooth on one side) that is quite prominent. When SAA called us back, the acted like we were on crack and told us they had sold 1000's just like this. This edge is sharp enough to cut your hand when you shoot. This is the last order the business will ever place with SAA. Lousy attitudes, excessive price gouging, sketchy quality... no thanks.

Last edited by CarlosDanger on Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:18 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, it won't get deleted here, but I will say this.

Try contacting Aero Precision in Tacoma, as they are the ones who make the SAA lowers I believe.

Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:08 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

CarlosDanger wrote:
excessive price gouging

Tells me everything I needed to know about you right there.

Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:13 pm

Are you a dealer then? Reselling stripped lowers? Not assembling them into rifles right... unless you're an 07 FFL.

Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Unicorn wrote:
Are you a dealer then? Reselling stripped lowers? Not assembling them into rifles right... unless you're an 07 FFL.

A person has the right to buy these and then change their mind and sell it. This doesn't bode well when a company won't stand behind their branded product... bad form

Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:11 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Classic wrote:
Unicorn wrote:

This doesn't bode well when a company won't stand behind their branded product... bad form

Who said they aren't? A reply from Unicorn, who works at SA&A with questions pertinent to the transaction would seem they are at least talking. We only have one side of the story.

Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:49 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

CarlosDanger wrote:
Originally posted on the SAA web site as a product review of the SAA ar15 lowers. Of course, since it's a negative review, it was discarded by the SAA site admin.

We bought a 3 pack during their "holiday" sale and feel as if we got a a 3 pack of "blems". The machining is the worst I've ever seen especially in the "web" area between the pistol grip and stock screw down. Usually you'll get a slighty raised strip with edges on both sides. These 3 lowers have a single edge (smooth on one side) that is quite prominent. When SAA called us back, the acted like we were on crack and told us they had sold 1000's just like this. This edge is sharp enough to cut your hand when you shoot. This is the last order our business will ever place with SAA. Lousy attitudes, excessive price gouging, sketchy quality... no thanks.

Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Chrisb9381 wrote:
CarlosDanger wrote:

We bought a 3 pack during their "holiday" sale and feel as if we got a a 3 pack of "blems". The machining is the worst I've ever seen especially in the "web" area between the pistol grip and stock screw down. Usually you'll get a slighty raised strip with edges on both sides. These 3 lowers have a single edge (smooth on one side) that is quite prominent. When SAA called us back, the acted like we were on crack and told us they had sold 1000's just like this. This edge is sharp enough to cut your hand when you shoot. This is the last order our business will ever place with SAA. Lousy attitudes, excessive price gouging, sketchy quality... no thanks.

:yes:

Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:04 am

Classic wrote:
Unicorn wrote:

A person has the right to buy these and then change their mind and sell it. This doesn't bode well when a company won't stand behind their branded product... bad form

He stated that it will be the last purchase his "business" will be making. If he works for an 01/02 and is just re-selling them stripped fine. If he's working for an 07 and assembling then, then fine. But if his "business" is an 01/02 and assembling rifles, then I'd like to know to avoid any legal issues for our sister company or parent company. Perhaps the name of this business?

Quote:
This is the last order our business will ever place with SAA.

As to gouging... let's go look at a dictionary for a minute, then realize that nobody forced him to buy from SAA... he could have bought any of the hundreds of other lowers that were around at the time, at half the price, with absolutely no waiting, backorders, or availability issues...
Unfortunately, while those lowers might not have been perfect, and I know what he's talking about... the line wasn't even, though I don't know about actually being able to cut skin.... it was the norm for that time period, not just from us, but from many of the machine shops making lowers for the industry.

Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]