Switch to full style
Let's talk about guns!
Post a reply

Re: Glock Model Info

Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:55 pm

One of the big changes that Glock made to the pistol was when they added the third pin. I think that this definitely deserves a mention when discussing the different "generations". I have one of those "weirdos" that sort of slips between the lines, and there's a few out there. This one is a g22 with no finger grooves and no "accessory rail", but does have the third pin. I apologize for the poor photo quality, but you can get the general idea. You can also see the very cool "short" grip. g23 mags fit the pistol, function 100%, and really helps with concealment. You might also ]note the "missing" slide release lever...but that's a story for another day.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:01 pm

So that's a gen 2.5 I believe^^^

Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:14 pm

Don't forget the early 4th Gens. They didn't come with backstraps. Both my Gen 4's are without.

Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:23 am

sofa king wrote:I guess I would start walking a little faster cuz I doubt that could keep up. cheers2

that's why she has the pistols...... :ballchain:

Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:44 pm

Might be time to update this list.
Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:27 pm

Peckerinak wrote:Might be time to update this list.
Just saying.

Heh heh . . . absolutely, good call. Are you up for it?

I can change the name on the OP to you, and you can edit away. Sound good?

Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:33 pm

MadPick wrote:
Peckerinak wrote:Might be time to update this list.
Just saying.

Heh heh . . . absolutely, good call. Are you up for it?

I can change the name on the OP to you, and you can edit away. Sound good?

I said it should be updated as I have no clue what the newer ones are.
Lol.

Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:14 am

I’d be willing to make some updates. I don’t claim to know it all but I could add some of the new models 42/43/44, etc along with some info about gen 5.

Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:01 am

edogg wrote:I’d be willing to make some updates. I don’t claim to know it all but I could add some of the new models 42/43/44, etc along with some info about gen 5.

Thank you! :bow:

The original post is now all yours . . . have at it. Thank you for the help!

Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:06 am

Updates are done! Like I mentioned, I'm no expert...so if anyone notices something incorrect, I'm happy to update it.

Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:24 am

edogg wrote:Updates are done! Like I mentioned, I'm no expert...so if anyone notices something incorrect, I'm happy to update it.

Thank you!!!!

I didn't go line by line, but this section:

G17L/24 are "Longslide" models. They have the same frame as the G17/22, and have 6.02" bbls.
G34/35 are the "Practical/Tactical" models. They have the same frame as the G17/22, have 5.3" bbls, and are the same overall size as a 5" 1911.

I think the 40 should be added to the first line, and the 41 to the second . . . ? Please check my math on that.

Thanks for doing this!

Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:54 pm

Good catch - I wound up removing those lines and adding longslide and competition designations in the Extra Model Designations section.

Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:57 am

Should be pretty straightforward.

I need to update the SIG model thread but I’m a little intimidated. Has any company introduced more models and variations in the last 8 years?

Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:31 am

I don’t know the Sig lineup too well, but the P320 series and P365 are newer models that need to be added.

Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:04 pm

God loves Glocks
Post a reply