Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Brass Shining Made Easy! 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dreadi wrote:
I love it when Larry speaks.

So is this all for looks? Does it make any difference for the life of the brass or barrel?

NOPE! :bigsmile:

Therefore, I personally do not do pistol brass, it has a visual lifespan of 3 seconds, from the ammo box to the magazine. And usually quickly! :)

Rifle, well, that's a process, loading breech or magazine...someone might wonder by and ask...so I started cleaning my rifle brass, especially with colored powder coating. Inevitably someone is going to pick it up and examine.

I had a really good excuse for taking the diving board plunge to wet tumble, black powder is HELL on your brass for looks, even after corn/walnut media. And elimination of primer pocket tool for that stubborn spent black powder in the primer hole.

Last edited by sportsdad60 on Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
Frankly I like to have clean brass. Shine is just a bonus. Clean lightly waxed consistent brass is better for dies and eliminates concern of any factor impacting powder and loads.

It is therapeutically appeasing. My wife didn't get it, I told her "Imagine reading mindless things in a magazine while you get your pedicure...well, that's cleaning brass/reloading for men"

Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:06 pm

sportsdad60 wrote:
Yep, citric acid removes the chlorine in the water. Chlorine is what gives you water spots.

Bingo. Lemishine is a hemihydrate of Citric acid. OPs secret formula is dish soap and Lemishine:)

Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2