Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:34 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Poker Shoot for the U.S.O. 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

badkarma wrote:
Badkarma is my name and I lived up to it. I left in second place but that could have changed. I will let the owner provide the final details.

It was a great time. I love the competition and great people who came out to support the USO. I have used it in the past and it is a worthy cause. Great job WAGuns. When is the next one?

was that on your target or gregs??? lol

Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:55 pm

the only way to find the winner is a potato sack race!!!

Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:56 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

steble01 wrote:
holy crap......when are you guys going back???

I'm not sure yet. We'll do it as soon as we can, but it depends on both of our work schedules. It might be tomorrow, or next weekend, or some day in between....

I think we might need to shoot a couple more proxy targets, too. We're still doing the final paperwork to figure that out.....

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

justincredible3 wrote:
the only way to find the winner is a potato sack race!!!

Maybe then some of us would have had a better chance, all in all good times for a good cause.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:08 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Okay, I'll probably say this a few more times before it's all over, but:

THANK YOU!

This is a multi-part thank-you:

- First, thank you to everyone who came out to support this poker shoot. Dan will do the final math and let us know how much we raised, but I know it was a LOT . . . and everyone who contributed should feel proud to be a part of that. :bow:

- Thank you to all of those shooters who waited, waited, and then waited some more. Yes, I know it took a hell of a long time to get everyone through . . . sorry about that. We're new to this. :doh1: Everyone's patience was much appreciated . . . you guys were great.

- Thank you to the guys who were there all day helping us keep it all running! Thanks to massivedesign, olydemon, TacticalAssault, oldkim, SIG556, steble01 and nick425. (Did I miss someone? Probably.) I had no idea that so many would be there to help . . . and without the crew, we never would have gotten shooters through as fast (relatively speaking!) as we did.

- A big thanks to Champion Arms, especially gogodawgs. You guys were superstars, not just today but also in the weeks prior with helping to advertise the poker shoot. Today you treated us like royalty and were very, very accommodating even as we overran your range. :bigsmile: Having the use of the classroom for most of the day was FANTASTIC!

Today was awesome. Thanks, everyone! :pray:

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I agree with Steve. Thank you to all that participated during this event. It is primarily a benefit for the USO; the prize of a rifle is secondary.

Champion Arms is very generous to donate one or two lanes to accommodate this shoot today, and perhaps a lane or two during the near future.

I had a great time today and met several members. It was good to place faces with monikers.

Contributing member of: GOA (Life), CCRKBA (Life x2); SAF (Life); NRA; JPFO; Ducks Unlimited; USA Shooting Team.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks WA Guns, what a great event and a great cause. Champion was happy to help in the small ways we can. Sundays are a busy day in general and my range staff, Brett and Richard did a great job managing the people visiting Champion and keeping the waiting area moving. You guys did a great job of blending in and hopefully we got a few walk ins that you wouldn't of normally had.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:47 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wow! What a frikkin DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

First off.. We sold 182 TARGETS!!!! So technically we raised $1,830.00! (There was an additional $10 donation today as well). We have some minor range fees and other supplies but there will be a SHITLOAD of $$ heading to the USO!

We had an AMAZING turnout. 55 shooters participated!! 22 of those were walk-in's just TODAY! The place was packed. We pretty much took OVER Champion Arms and they were very generous and gracious hosts. I can forsee a lot more WaGuns events taking place there.

The targets proved to be challenging and the smack talkers were quickly muted as bullets flew. There were still quite a few Royal Flushes (I had one on Chevytruckman's proxy) but that one shot Ace at 25 yards was a hail mary for me and others as well.

All in all it was a fantastic shoot. All the participants were VERY patient in waiting their turn to shoot, but we go them all through.

The question everybody want's to know.... Do we have a winner?? Not yet we don't! There are still a couple proxy targets to shoot and Steve and Sig still have a few from their personal stash..... We should know soon though.

A big thanks to all the participants who showed up to support the USO. Also thanks to Olydemon (Damon), TacticalAssault (Brandon), Madpick (Steve), Steble01 (Steve), Oldkim (Young), Nick425 (Nick), SIG556 (Clay) who helped put on this show of shows.

I can promise you one thing guys, there will be more. We have just gotten a small taste of what a GREAT community event is about. We will learn from the few shortfalls we found and will be doing this AGAIN!

(PS - If anybody, by accident, went home with an extra Mark II 22/45 mag can I please have it back? It looks just like a Mark III 22/45 mag except the thumb button is smooth.... I'll pay shipping! We had a lot of borrowed guns and mags strewn about so I am sure somebody grabbed it thinking it was theirs.)

Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:51 pm
Profile WWW

Hey all, noob to the site, came in for the Poker shoot. Man, can't be waiting in the lobby of a gun store... next time I'm leaving my cards at home! Walked out with a bit more stuff than I came with :bigsmile:

Good to meet everyone who was there, my brother and I are looking forward to the next shoot... who knows, might even bring a gun that works :crybaby:

Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:07 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

flashoverride wrote:
Hey all, noob to the site, came in for the Poker shoot. Man, can't be waiting in the lobby of a gun store... next time I'm leaving my cards at home! Walked out with a bit more stuff than I came with :bigsmile:

Good to meet everyone who was there, my brother and I are looking forward to the next shoot... who knows, might even bring a gun that works :crybaby:

Welcome!!! :wavey:

Thanks for joining us at the shoot today, and for joining WaGuns!

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:09 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Awesome! Thanks for joining on! I asked you pretty much the questions in your other thread you just now answered, so... well.. Welcome!

Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:17 pm
Profile WWW
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Awesome day! Thanks to all involved! and all who participated! I'm too pooped for anything long winded. I feel like I walked 26 miles with concrete shoes.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:35 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
There was an additional $10 donation today as well

HMMMM.....Steve said he was going to give that back to me later. :ROFLMAO: Glad to help out in what little way I could. Thanks for a great time fellas

Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:33 pm
Founding Father
Founding Father

Yeah that was a great day and thanks to the team here at WaGuns for all your help, thanks to everyone who came out to shoot and donate to the cause and special thanks to Nick and Champion for allowing us to do this. All in all this went over very smooth and I feel was a great success.

Dan shot a Royal flush for a proxy as did Steve and myself. So at least you know the three fearless leaders can not only talk about guns, we can shoot them too. As for that tie breaker shot at 25y...yeah right.

Great day, great people, great location and all for a great cause.

Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I know all the folks that put this together have thanked "us" but truly...

We should thank you three!

Quote:
You all (TacticalAssault, Massivedesign, MadPick) should feel very proud of what you just accomplished!

Job well done. :bow:
I know folks waited but given the scope of what was done and with the limited experience of putting this on and the constraints you were placed in...

You guys did a great job for a great service to USO and the shooting community.

Truly I am fortunate to be associated with such a great group of guys!

This alone far exceeds what anything any other website has done... hands down.
It is not just about money - it's about time, effort and quality of a community event.

Very nice. I truly hope you know what you guys just did.
My hat is off to all three of you! :patriot:

Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:21 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next