Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:49 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Ammo Subscription Buying group (Prime Ammo) 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Been thinking about this. Figure I would see if there is anyone who wants in or a part to make it more worthwhile.

Target Sports USA has a Ammo Prime Membership.
It runs $95 a year at the moment, may go up to $149 once they have enough people. But for now its $95.
The deal is that they give an extra discount off already pretty low prices when compared to SGammo, Palmetostate and some of the other more competitive ammo dealers. Based on watching prices they are a bit higher usually but offer free shipping which if they have it in stock usually makes it the same price or cheaper. (So that makes them a competitive place to shop anyway.)

The deal is this. With the subscription ALL orders are free shipping. That means you can order a box here and there and never pay shipping. Need one box of hunting ammo. No problem no need to pay inflated prices at Cabbies, Wallys, or elsewhere. Shipping is usually the killer here and means you need to buy 5-10 boxes to make the shipping price not kill you.
ALSO, based on comments from those with the membership they are offering a roughly 8% discount off their already low prices. Here's some actual past pricing examples:

1. 124gr 9mm --------- currently Blazer Brass @9.99/box 50
2. 180gr 40sw --------- currently Blazer Brass @11.99/box 50
3. 55gr 5.56 ------------currently Wolf Gold @ 5.79/box 20
4. 40gr minimag ------currently CCI Minimag@ 8.99/box 100

w/PRIME
1. $9.19
2. $11.03
3. $5.33
4. $7.35

IF there are other interested we could either have me order and you pay when delivered, shared login (Maybe), figure something else out. Would prefer to stick to people up north for this. If someone else wants to do it for the southern folks, or other areas, feel free.

INFO is here: https://www.targetsportsusa.com/targetsportsusa-ammo-prime-membership-p-59081.aspx
Pricing info found here: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1346283

Chime in here or PM....

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:40 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've got a membership with them. Prices are better than my wholesale sources and there is no minimum for free shipping. laxammo.com may come close to them without the membership fee.
On average the shipping times are about 10 to 12 days. They are not quick shippers.
Since April 2017 I have placed 8 orders with a high of $360 and a low of $90. It's great to get just what you need and can afford at the time.
No regrets here.

Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for the info. Your point is what makes it interesting. No more needing to order a 1000 or a couple of thousand to make it worthwhile.
Also, based on what I have seen. PSA can probably beat the prices with the crazy sales they do from time to time but usually unless you hit it just right they run out! Target sports seems to get a decent supply. With the shipping wonder if they are playing a bit of a game to see what orders they get before committing to purchase too much and get stuck trying to get rid of it. (Which seems to be SGammo's problem at the moment with the falling prices.)

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:08 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Color me interested!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PM sent Mr Q.

Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:39 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]