Switch to full style
Group buys put on by other members for other members.
Post a reply

PVC Target Stand

Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:44 pm

I did a PIF for a pvc target stand a few weeks ago, and a couple others contacted me about making them one, so I just wanted to see if there was any interest in these.

EDIT:
With some modifications to the original stand I made, if at least 6 people wants 1, it would be $7.

This would be for the assembled pvc and wood furring strips only.

The only other things needed are cardboard and something to attach the cardboard to the wood. I used binder clips, but wood staples or small nails/screw would work also. Duct tape, maybe?

EDIT:
4/12/2016

I was recently asked if I was still making these target stands.

I'll make them if there is interest for 10 target stands. 10 stands to use up all the pipe, as I dont have room to store random lengths of pipe/fittings.

Same price at $7. Pickup only. Preferably at Outdoor Emporium.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by san on Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: PVC Target Stand

Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:49 pm

Have you looked at using all 1.5" pipe and connectors? I made 2 for ~$20 buying everything from Lowes. All have 15" cuts.

Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:16 pm

I have not looked at using all 1.5". I have all the part numbers for the one I made before so it would easy for me to make them.

The foot of the stand is 3/4" and the vertical part is 1.5". I use a 1-1/2" x 1" bushing and a 1-1/2" coupling to attach the 1.5 to the 3/4. I think it's the bushing (.98¢ ea needs 2) and coupling (.64¢ ea needs 2) that makes it cost a bit more. If I look over my notes, I could probably come up with a way to get the cost down a bit.

Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:05 pm

Figured out some modifications. Got rid of the bushing and big coupling and slightly shorten length for the foot. Got it down to $7 each if at least 6 people wants 1 which would maximize the usage of the 10ft pipes.

If no one else is interested, I'll just make the 2 that I've already agreed to make.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:55 am

Very nice, I'm interested in one.

Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:07 am

I've already been in contact with you about making one. But at this price and the modifications I'd take 3.

Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:18 am

Just need 1 more

Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:20 pm

I was one of the lucky PIF winners, and at this target stand is terrific. It disassembles in seconds and can be transported very easily to wherever you're shooting. A buddy of mine and I were going to make some more, however at this price I would be willing to take two or three myself. The target stands are great and can't be beat.

Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:18 pm

Anyone who needs PVC/materials...feel free to contact me...I'll hook you up.

Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:25 am

I also received one of these stands in the PIF, and I love how easy it is to set up and take down. I have yet to actually shoot with it (will try it tomorrow), but I don't see any reason why it would disappoint. It's a solid stand :thumbsup2:

Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:51 am

Now this is what I'm talking about!

Good person (san) says they are willing to build the stands for a very reasonable price and Bulldog18 as always coming in to help out with even a better deal on PVC.

Win-Win!

I hope "san" and "Bulldog18" can work it out so that for those wanting a stand... can get a great deal on a solid PVC stand!

:bow:

:wagwoot:

:thumbsup2:

Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:02 am

I picked up all the materials and have them built and ready to go. PM me to meet up.

Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:04 pm

This design really works well. My teenage son and I built a few of these a couple years ago for our back yard range. We used 1-1/2" Schedule 40 and more PVC on the based, so I calculated our costs (buying from Home Depot) at about $16 per stand. And of course, I wrote a blog post about it. :)

http://www.stevejenkins.com/blog/2013/0 ... t-holders/

So a slow clap in san's general direction for offering these. $7 is a screamin' deal!

Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:42 pm

How well do tennis balls hold up as targets?

Anyone looking to get a couple more of these target stands? Have a request for 1 but more would bring cost down.

Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:29 pm

PM'd ya , I'd like 3 , Thank you very much for doing this.
Post a reply