Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:11 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 AR 500 Armor® Group Buy 
Founding Father
Founding Father

Alright guys...I did this a little bit differently. With help from http://www.ar500armor.com I've FINALLY setup this group buy of sorts.

Here's the deal. In order to make this pain free and avoid extra shipping charges and the hassle of multiple meets, the guys at AR500 Armor® have set us up with our own coupon code. I have just checked it and it works perfectly. It's a small savings but any savings is better then none right?

So you will go to the site, order what you need and enter the coupon code (listed below) to get the discount and have your stuff shipped to your door.

I do ask that once you place your order you post that you have done so in this thread. I would like to be able to track the orders so I can report them back to AR500 Armor®.

DISCOUNT: 10% off your order!
DISCOUNT CODE: WAGUNS it is case sensitive so be sure it's all caps.

Again, please let me know that you have placed your order when you do so. This will help with future group buys. :thumbsup2:

Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Placed my order.

Note: you can only use 1 discount code per order. That means you cannot use the WAGUNS discount AND the free shipping discount together.

Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:08 pm
Founding Father
Founding Father

Sissyboy wrote:
Placed my order.

Note: you can only use 1 discount code per order. That means you cannot use the WAGUNS discount AND the free shipping discount together.

Good to know. Thanks for the info! :thumbsup2:

Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:19 pm
Founding Father
Founding Father

Really guys? I had a count of 40 something plates from quite a bit of people and the only guy to follow through so far is Sissyboy?! You all got beaten by a sissy!

Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How long is this going on? I'm planning on making an order

Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:24 pm
Founding Father
Founding Father

never_to_much wrote:
How long is this going on? I'm planning on making an order

I don't have a defined window. I'm basing it on activity. If they start seeing orders coming in using our coupon code they will keep it running. If they don't get any sales using our code they will cut it. :reaction:

Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TacticalAssault wrote:
You all got beaten by a sissy!

You expected anything less??? :thumbsup2:

Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:55 pm
Founding Father
Founding Father

Sissyboy wrote:
TacticalAssault wrote:
You all got beaten by a sissy!

You expected anything less??? :thumbsup2:

No. No I didn't. icon_eek

Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:45 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'll be ordering after the 1st, payday.

Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:37 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Same here just gotta get the money in my account.

Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I missed this until just now.
Brandon, thank you for the work you have done. Please understand that I don't blame you for the following comments.....

I am however a little miffed at AR500 on this one. :blackcloud1:

As far as I can tell, they routinely issue free shipping, or 10%off deal coupons.
They appear to do a weekend per month of free shipping. And every other month they do a 10% off package....So I am not sure how the sale of 40 plus plates to one group didn't warrant a better deal.

They just had a free shipping weekend (April 20th). And March was the last package 10% off....so I would expect to see one in May.

Sissy - Did you order a carrier too? Did you get a disc on that as well? (IE is it 10% off plate or the entire order?)

I have to talk to the other people on my end to see if they want to buy at 10% off. I'll press them to do so so the group buy looks decent.

Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I did not order a carrier. Planned on heading to Tactical Taylor once the plates get here for a custom carrier made to fit. I know it's going to be pricey but I hope worth it in the end.

I ordered my plates within the free shipping time and was not allowed to use both discount codes. My order was enough that the 10% beat the free shipping so I went with the WaGuns discount. If it would have been the other way around I would have been PMing TA to see what his opinion of the best course of action would be. I do agree that the discount seemed a little low but I figure a penny saved is a penny still in my pocket.

Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:34 pm
Founding Father
Founding Father

H2obouget wrote:
I missed this until just now.
Brandon, thank you for the work you have done. Please understand that I don't blame you for the following comments.....

I am however a little miffed at AR500 on this one. :blackcloud1:

As far as I can tell, they routinely issue free shipping, or 10%off deal coupons.
They appear to do a weekend per month of free shipping. And every other month they do a 10% off package....So I am not sure how the sale of 40 plus plates to one group didn't warrant a better deal.

They just had a free shipping weekend (April 20th). And March was the last package 10% off....so I would expect to see one in May.

Sissy - Did you order a carrier too? Did you get a disc on that as well? (IE is it 10% off plate or the entire order?)

I have to talk to the other people on my end to see if they want to buy at 10% off. I'll press them to do so so the group buy looks decent.

Oh, I hear ya. However either way...40+ plates haven't been ordered so they probably made the "tactical" choice.

Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:20 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Those EPIK kits looks pretty cool

Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:12 am
Profile WWW

So the total for my carrier/plates comes to 385, (XL carrier, curved plates, build up on plates) when I apply the discount it takes off $19 and comes to something like $365.75.

Maybe it's just my math, but that works out to 5%, not 10%. I know, I know... I'm saving money, but something still seems to be broken (or limited) with the code they set up.

Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next