Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:54 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 80% AR10 (.308) lower group buy! 
FFL / Dealer

Just wanted everyone to know that if you want to order a jig to finish the lower one can be purchased for $85. You guys can split the cost and have a build party. If you want to have the rest of the lowered milled by CNC then we recommend Wynakos Machine shop in Monroe. It may be a bit of a drive for some of you, but they do really good work. They charge $60 to teach you how to mill you lower and the use of their CNC machine.

Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:31 am

Are the compatible with DPMS uppers or these the armalite style?

ie
http://www.shadowopsweaponry.com/produc ... rifle.aspx

Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:40 pm
FFL / Dealer

MrZeat wrote:
Are the compatible with DPMS uppers or these the armalite style?

ie
http://www.shadowopsweaponry.com/produc ... rifle.aspx

They are DPMS style lowers and are compatible with DPMS style uppers.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:47 pm

It would really seal the deal if you had a matching upper... If I were to get it CNC finished say at the Wynacos place you mentioned, I don't need the 308 jig correct?

Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:47 pm
FFL / Dealer

MrZeat wrote:
It would really seal the deal if you had a matching upper... If I were to get it CNC finished say at the Wynacos place you mentioned, I don't need the 308 jig correct?

Correct! If you go to Wynakos you do not need the jig. Unfortunately our manufacturer does not currently make an upper receiver. But if you need help finding an upper please let us know and we can help.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:17 pm

One last question then, if I buy a 308 upper, can I have it shipped to you and have both pieces kerokated together to match? With Kerokote is it necessary to do multiple pieces together for a good color match, or if I do the upper down the road is it going to look any different? I'd like to do an OD Green build... And unfortunately the whole out of stock everywhere thing sucks, I've had the assembled DPMS LR-308 upper on backorder at brownells for a few weeks with no ETA.

I'd like to eventually build it with a 260 Rem Krieger barrel. It would be a nice bonus to have it all matching OD Green and a serial-less lower.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:31 pm
FFL / Dealer

For an absolute perfect color match it would be best to have them done at the same time. If you do the lower now and the upper down the road you most likely will not be able to tell a difference, but ther is more of a chance that it would not perfectly match if they are not coated together. That being said, I have yet to find someone who can tell the difference between items that were not coated at the same time. And yes, you can have your parts shipped directly to us if you prefer. Please email us at info@madcustomcoating.com for shipping information.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:42 pm
FFL / Dealer

We'll be at the Puyallup show this weekend if you want to stop by and see samples of our work. You can also place your order for the current AR10 80% group buy!

Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MADCustomCoating wrote:
We'll be at the Puyallup show this weekend if you want to stop by and see samples of our work. You can also place your order for the current AR10 80% group buy!

Will you have any of those in stock ar15 lowers at the show with you?

Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:23 pm
FFL / Dealer

Tombrewster421 wrote:
MADCustomCoating wrote:

Will you have any of those in stock ar15 lowers at the show with you?

Yes, we will have 80% AR 15 lowers at the show.

Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:47 pm

Massivedesign wrote:

our local UPS store will not touch anything firearm related and if you tell them it's not a firearm they will make you cut open the box so they can see). boxed

I just did a bunch of research on this and I found that it is not against UPS company policy to ship firearms or parts even though the person at the store may tell you otherwise. They can not legally tell you that you can not ship your firearm (at least at this point). I would however, not give a dime to anyone who'd put up that big of a fight about it unless it was my only choice.

Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:16 am
FFL / Dealer

I just did a bunch of research on this and I found that it is not against UPS company policy to ship firearms or parts even though the person at the store may tell you otherwise. They can not legally tell you that you can not ship your firearm (at least at this point). I would however, not give a dime to anyone who'd put up that big of a fight about it unless it was my only choice.[/quote]

Agreed! Exactly why we don't do business with that store. I know there are a lot of large gun companies who ship their firearms via UPS. It's just unfortunate that the UPS store in our area isn't like the rest.

Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:27 am
FFL / Dealer

Time is running out! Get your orders in by the 31st for your 80% AR10 lowers!

Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:59 pm
FFL / Dealer

Only 3 days left to place your orders!

Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:21 am
FFL / Dealer

Tomorrow is the last day to get your orders in!! Contact us to place an order. info@madcustomcoating.com or 360-545-3097

Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2