Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:08 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Delete please 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The order arrived 11/23/13. If there is more interest I am open to doing another buy and perhaps adding a couple more knives to the buy.

CLOSED , moving forward with the order.

If your interested in joining me on a purchase of this knife please let me know asap. I'm going to add one for my collection and thought someone in the Waguns community might also be interested. I would like to get my order placed by Monday, 11/18/13. This offer is subject to availability at time of order.

Your price is $125 paid with Visa, M/C or Discover (no Paypal or Amex).
Add $8 for shipping.

Cash price and will call at my location in West Tacoma is $120.
So you save $13 if you pick it up from me and pay cash.

I will be pre-paying for the knive(s) and will take your word, written or verbal, as a commitment to follow thru on the deal. No flakes please. The knives would be available about 5 business days after ordering.

Let me know if you have an interest or questions.

Doug
253-222-2461

Full description and specifications as written by the Wholesaler

Let us be clear: the Shinbu™, designed by James Williams, are specialized tools intended for military personnel and special forces operators. James developed this design to meet the specific requests of coalition forces overseas for a more powerful tactical tool than his CRKT Hissatsu™, which is in wide use.

Historically, military swords have been sized to fit the fighting environment. Long swords, such as the English broad sword and Japanese katana, could only be used effectively on open fields of battle. Fighting in close or confined quarters required shorter swords, such as the sailor's cutlass and the Japanese wakizashi, which is similar in size to the isshou.

These knives come into play when the operator's firearms cannot be used, as often happens in entry and search operations. They are designed for multiple carry options depending on the choice of the operator.

The Shinbu dual grind Tanto blade is YK-30 high-carbon steel, high satin finished. The long, tapered tip grind is designed for maximum slashing power combined with superior penetration. At 13.3 ounces and a 9.25" blade, the Shinbu also offers superior slashing ability as compared to the Hissatsu.

James has followed centuries of Japanese tradition in designing these classic cord-wrapped handles with ray skin underlays, which compares very well to more modern handle materials, giving excellent grip under all conditions.

We have designed custom-fitted Kydex® sheaths with a convertible beltmounting system for the Shinbu. The sheath has detents which grip the knife securely and wide entry lips which allow the knife to be returned to the sheath with one hand. A belt clip can be attached with the Chicago screws provided for vertical carry. There is also a quick-release retaining strap.

Each of these knives comes in a custom dark lacquered wooden box for presentation and storage.

The Shinbu demands respect, and are certainly not sport or work knives, but they can truly be a lifesaver for the military professional. These are knives that would have been carried by the Samurai.

Dimensions
Open Overall Length 14.75 inches
Weight 13.3 ounces

Blade
Length 9.25 inches
Thickness 0.233 inches
Material YK-30
Blade-HRC 57-59
Finish Satin
Grind Flat
Style Modified Tanto
Edge Plain

Handle
Material Cord Wrap over Sting Ray

Carry
Carry System Kydex Sheath

Features
Full Tang Yes
Presentation Box Yes

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by dougja on Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:28 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

I'm in. I can meet you and pay cash once the order is confirmed. I may have a co worker who may want one as well. Put out the word to him.

Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:33 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Final bump.

Closing the thread at 10 pm , Monday, 11/18 and proceeding with the order immediately thereafter.

Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The order arrived 11/23/13. Only two knives were ordered. One for me and one for Damon. I am going to re-open this thread in a few days with the same offer and maybe add a couple more knives to appeal to a broader base.
Anyway, I wanted to post the pictures of my new knife.

This knife is a natural slasher.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]