Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 7:23 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
 Gun Rights Rally SATURDAY APRIL 21 in Olympia 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

O_Kellogg wrote:
Yeah, I'm with you, Bro.

I just don't envision a couple thousand well dressed, soft spoken, solemn church-goers when I hear words like "Rally" or "March". Are we going there to stand up or to stand down? Will there be excited, loud cheering, or subdued, well-mannered agreement? A well-tailored suit is not made for shaking your fist in the air, or waving a big ol' 'merican flag.

As for the opposition, what do any of us imagine we could do, be or present, that would change their minds about disarming us? Really?

We should have made a rainbow flag with an ar15 on it? I am sure there has to be a lgbtq gun owner, the media loves promoting that stuff.

Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:11 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

goodtimes wrote:
We should have made a rainbow flag with an ar15 on it? I am sure there has to be a lgbtq gun owner, the media loves promoting that stuff.

We ALL should love promoting that stuff . . . it helps us all.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

O_Kellogg wrote:
jdhbulseye wrote:
UpDog wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:
I'm a very pro-OC type of person, but I think the long guns are a bit too much. If you do, at least have it slung muzzle down on your back. No Iraqi wedding parties please. icon_eek
Here we go with the division. It's this idea that long guns are "not the norm". Guess what the other party is saying and want to get rid of?

Take your original targetted audience for potential attendees and remove a slice of them.

Like it or not carrying long guns around in everyday settings in 99% of this country is not the norm.

FYI I grew up in a place where carrying shotguns and rifles into the bank and having a gun on your hip was the rule rather than the exception. That said this is not the "norm" for 99% of the people or places in the 'merica.

Sent from Proxima Centauri B through the ether using FTP transmission technology, Honey Encryption, and Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwiches

Rally at the Capitol is not an "everyday setting".

That said, the BOR wasn't written to protect the sensibilities of the everyday "99%" but rather to protect the Natural Rights of the smallest minority (the individual) from the whims of the majority.
We may be found to be offensive? [gasp]
So? They're "offended" by the existence of firearms. What ever shall we do about that?

Maybe being offensive is the point. Pretty sure we offended the King and the Red Coats, too!

Are we rallying to ask nicely? Can we "make friends", and compromise with those who wish to disarm us? Shall we bring crochet hooks and knit quietly on the lawn?

If we can't be offensive, why bother?

My mistake. I naively concluded that the goal was to reach as many minds as possible with our arguments in favor of a natural right instead of going out of our way to make a spectacle of excersizing those rights in as "in your face" a manner as possible. By all means excersize those rights brethren. I just think it serves as an unnecessary distraction to the conversation for some of the people we are trying to reach and as a convenient confirmation and talking point for those who are hardcore unreachable folks to further their marginalization of us via an unfortunate stereotype.

Rally at the capitol may not be an "everyday setting" to you but in my mind it is. Citizens peaceably assembling in public places is an "everyday setting".

Sent from Proxima Centauri B through the ether using FTP transmission technology, Honey Encryption, and Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwiches

Spoiler: show
"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:12 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So is this a X95 or and MPX type event? Gotta be properly dressed of course!

Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So any wagunners gonna make it today?

Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Anybody else here in Oly today?

Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:09 pm

I saw one wearing a WAGuns hat.

Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:05 pm

Chip wrote:

Actually that must have been you. Your hat had Chip stiched on the side.

Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We were there. (I was the one with the pink, white and black umbrella and brass-headed cane, sitting down for the first hour.)

Renaissance Woman: I do everything, just not very well. I can shoot (modern/blackpowder), sew, ride (motor/horse), cook, make fire (flint & steel), spin, weld (oxy/acetylene), knit, weave, brew (beer/wine), and bake. I've ground my own grain, made my own cheese, and sewed my own moccasins. Good enuf?

Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well sorry we didn't link up! It's actually my wedding anniversary and my wife toughed it out with me until a little before 7. Then we headed over to fish brewing. Getting ready to go to dinner. Hope to see some WaGunners next weekend.

Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:02 pm

airmandan wrote:
So any wagunners gonna make it today?

I was there with my girl and didn't see any LGBT "warriors" standing there ready to fight to the death for liberty

I was the guy wearing an OD German rubberized poncho and a slung, loaded .300 PDW

As of almost 11 PM tonight there is a virtual media blackout on the rally

Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was held up at a family function and was watching my clock like a junkie, didn't leave for Oly till 7 pm. Twern't no one there when I arrived... I know it was raining kittens and puppies all day.
What was the attendance???

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What time is the 21st rally?

Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next