Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:41 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 294 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
 WaGuns goes to SHOT - 2018 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ok, here is the official SHOT SHOW Thread from your servants here on WaGuns.

5 of us will be attending again this year; Myself, benja455, MadPick, cdoniguian, and PMB. Are any other members headed there?

We will be updating this thread with photos and summaries from what we saw, did, got etc.
We will also be using our social media:
Image - Instagram
Image - Facebook
Image - YouTube
Image - Twitter
Image - WaGuns.org Blog
We will also be dumping photos into an iCloud photo album: https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0s5oqs3qG0PM12

Here is what you can expect:
Sunday - We all arrive in Vegas. Expect food pics, drink pics and general debauchery.
Monday - This is Range Day where we get to shoot and fondle all the new shit. Cell range out there is spotty, so don't expect anything from us until late afternoon. After that, it'll be more food, drinks, maybe some light nudity.
Tuesday - Day #1 of the Show. 630,000sf to cover, so little time. Photos on the fly, recaps at night. Side missions of procuring free schwag for PIF's. Evening events.. NSFW.
Wednesday - Day #2 of the Show. Similar to Day #1, but with more nudity. Wednesday evening, 3 of us part ways and head home.
Thursday - Day #3 of the Show. Only Steve and Mike remain. Mike doesn't take well to mobile tech, so it'll be up to Steve to cary the torch.
Friday - Final Day of the Show. Fevered running to catch all the stuff that may have been missed. Mike will be trying to buy stuff, Steve will be flirting with the booth babes.

The main reason why we go is BECAUSE WE CAN. This means that we will be your eyes and ears. Is there something special you want us to seek out? Some vendor you need to convey a message to? Let us know and we will do our best to help facilitate.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:30 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Most booths have to pay exorbitant handling/shipping for schwag left at show close. Much schwag can be had for the ask on that day...

Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:38 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

quantsuff wrote:
Most booths have to pay exorbitant handling/shipping for schwag left at show close. Much schwag can be had for the ask on that day...

Yup, even though selling direct at SHOT is a no-no, quite a few vendors offload tables of items on the final day. I think this alone is what is motivating Mike and Steve to stick around. Steve will have the PayPal account at the ready if something site-PIF-raffle worthy is offered up at a good price.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:42 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Quote:
5 of us will be attending again this year; Myself, benja455, MadPick, cdoniguian, and PMB.

I can almost see why the first two get a free ride, but the last three? Loungers!! :bigsmile: :rofl9:

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
quantsuff wrote:

Yup, even though selling direct at SHOT is a no-no, quite a few vendors offload tables of items on the final day. I think this alone is what is motivating Mike and Steve to stick around. Steve will have the PayPal account at the ready if something site-PIF-raffle worthy is offered up at a good price.

You told him one armed bandits don't take paypal, right?

Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

quantsuff wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
quantsuff wrote:

You told him one armed bandits don't take paypal, right?

That guy designs Airplane Crappers, he has a Plan.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

24-27 is the real show AVN.

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:26 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Looks like we're gonna have to skip the Tenemem displays. :angryfire:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

".....After that, it'll be more food, drinks, maybe some light nudity....."

Don't you guys get tired of seeing each other naked?

Sounds fun, and exhausting....hope you guys have a blast (double-entendre intended :bigsmile: ) !

:cheers2:

Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:03 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

I'm starting my suppressor collection this year. Very interested in who is offering the best suppressors for the best price.

Main interests:

1/2x28 for 5.56/.22wmr/.22lr
5/8x24 for 6.5 creedmoor/.308win
5/8x24 for .45acp/9mm

Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:09 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

sinus211 wrote:
5/8x24 for .45acp/9mm

Is that for an AR? It's an odd thread pitch for a .45, and the only 9mm I've seen with that thread pitch are my AR-9s with a shoulderless thread adapter.

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:12 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

MadPick wrote:
sinus211 wrote:
5/8x24 for .45acp/9mm

Is that for an AR? It's an odd thread pitch for a .45, and the only 9mm I've seen with that thread pitch are my AR-9s with a shoulderless thread adapter.

Might be that I'm just a moron and I don't know common pistol thread rates for larger caliber pistol barrels.

Last edited by Sinus211 on Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:14 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

sinus211 wrote:
MadPick wrote:
sinus211 wrote:
5/8x24 for .45acp/9mm

Might be that I'm just a moron and I don't know common pistol thread rates for pistol.

That sounds more plausible. :rofl9:

What kind of .45 and 9mm are you talking about suppressing? Pistols, rifles, what?

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:

Ok, here is the official SHOT SHOW Thread from your servants here on WaGuns.

5 of us will be attending again this year; Myself, benja455, MadPick, cdoniguian, and PMB. Are any other members headed there?

We will be updating this thread with photos and summaries from what we saw, did, got etc.
We will also be using our social media:
Image - Instagram
Image - Facebook
Image - YouTube
Image - Twitter
Image - WaGuns.org Blog

Here is what you can expect:
Sunday - We all arrive in Vegas. Expect food pics, drink pics and general debauchery.
Monday - This is Range Day where we get to shoot and fondle all the new shit. Cell range out there is spotty, so don't expect anything from us until late afternoon. After that, it'll be more food, drinks, maybe some light nudity.
Tuesday - Day #1 of the Show. 630,000sf to cover, so little time. Photos on the fly, recaps at night. Side missions of procuring free schwag for PIF's. Evening events.. NSFW.
Wednesday - Day #2 of the Show. Similar to Day #1, but with more nudity. Wednesday evening, 3 of us part ways and head home.
Thursday - Day #3 of the Show. Only Steve and Mike remain. Mike doesn't take well to mobile tech, so it'll be up to Steve to cary the torch.
Friday - Final Day of the Show. Fevered running to catch all the stuff that may have been missed. Mike will be trying to buy stuff, Steve will be flirting with the booth babes.

The main reason why we go is BECAUSE WE CAN. This means that we will be your eyes and ears. Is there something special you want us to seek out? Some vendor you need to convey a message to? Let us know and we will do our best to help facilitate.

Did you alot sufficient time to hit all the major strip clubs?

Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:15 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

MadPick wrote:
sinus211 wrote:
MadPick wrote:
sinus211 wrote:
5/8x24 for .45acp/9mm

Might be that I'm just a moron and I don't know common pistol thread rates for pistol.

That sounds more plausible. :rofl9:

What kind of .45 and 9mm are you talking about suppressing? Pistols, rifles, what?

Pistols. A few semi autos. Glock, CZ, and 1911

Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 294 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next