Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 3:32 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Any 4x4 folks that like to get out and play 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Being I just got. Truck a 1990 Toyota PU I want to test out the 4x4 on it anyone else get out and do some off roading not rock climbing but hit some trails and or what not.

rule 2 just pisses them off wife blah blah blah husband yes dear what ever you say dear!

Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:46 pm
Profile YIM
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

I have been to the truck area in Tahuya but only on Quads. There is 4X4 clubs up there all the time. Not a bad spot with plenty of mud.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:41 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I usually go out with a group of toyota guys (LC/4Runner/FJ/Tacoma's) at least once a month around western wa (Tahuya, Evans Creek and FS roads along 90 and hwy 2, etc). As badkarma mentioned, there are a few online groups that hit the trails between OR and WA pretty much every weekend in the summer. We're trying to put something together early next month if you're interested....are you running stock tires and suspension?

Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

evans creek

Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

token3495 wrote:
I usually go out with a group of toyota guys (LC/4Runner/FJ/Tacoma's) at least once a month around western wa (Tahuya, Evans Creek and FS roads along 90 and hwy 2, etc). As badkarma mentioned, there are a few online groups that hit the trails between OR and WA pretty much every weekend in the summer. We're trying to put something together early next month if you're interested....are you running stock tires and suspension?

I am running all stock tires were up graded along with the wheels they are all terrain Goodyear wrangler nothing special. But better than stock tires. Yeah I would be interested I am working my truck up slowly but surely. I been laid off so it is at a real slow pace to up grade.

rule 2 just pisses them off wife blah blah blah husband yes dear what ever you say dear!

Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:29 pm
Profile YIM
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here she is

Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:30 pm
Profile YIM
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice rig.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:32 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

You can't fool me . . . that's for hauling fish. It's almost that time of year again, isn't it?

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I been fishing a lot lately. Going to hit the river tomorrow for the summer run.

I feel I got a good price for it 3800 with 122000 mile on the engine. I am still working on all the tune up items and what not. But having too much fun waste ing gas.

By the time I am done it will be all black

Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:44 pm
Profile YIM

You did good on the price. Leave it as factory as possible. 4x4 22re rigs that have not been boogered to shit are getting more rare every year. That looks like a nice straight rig.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah for the most part it will be very stock maybe a lift but I can't go to high as I am short and it is already a PITA to get into now. I have a few cancer panels I will replace and paint flat black also strip the bed and rhino line the inside and flat black the exterior. I need to do body work on some of the small dents but nothing all that major. Hardest part it finding a shop to let me use the paint booth on the weekend or something. I am having my brother in laws send my paint Guns up here as I left them at their shop in Vegas. I don't plan on climbing rocks just some off road stuff a little mud here and there. Then also wait for that invite for whiskey and some fishing lol hint hint

Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:36 pm
Profile YIM
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The interior

Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:39 pm
Profile YIM
Site Admin
Site Admin

That's a nice-looking truck, Justin. Congrats!

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:11 pm

Just in joy wrote:
Yeah for the most part it will be very stock maybe a lift but I can't go to high as I am short and it is already a PITA to get into now. I have a few cancer panels I will replace and paint flat black also strip the bed and rhino line the inside and flat black the exterior. I need to do body work on some of the small dents but nothing all that major. Hardest part it finding a shop to let me use the paint booth on the weekend or something. I am having my brother in laws send my paint Guns up here as I left them at their shop in Vegas. I don't plan on climbing rocks just some off road stuff a little mud here and there. Then also wait for that invite for whiskey and some fishing lol hint hint

Just had the entire engine compartment redone on my 22re. Belly to brisket. The truck is an ex cab, and the body aint too shabby, no cancer. Toy paint sucks as a rule, and mine is faded. Faded paint makes it easier to drive the fucker right through the bushes.............

These trucks really don't need lifts, just quality tread. My newer 04 double cab has a 3" lift. It helps me get the drift boat into some shit it aint supposed to be in. The ground clearance comes in real handy driving on river rock.

The only mod I would do to my 90 toy is a rear locker though. The 04 has one factory and that little button has saved me from walking out 10 miles to cell reception, to call the boys in town to bring a tractor.

Old toys just need to be used as is. Lifting em really depreciates them, unless you plan on keeping it forever. 3800, and you had better. They aint getting cheaper.

The subject of fishing this year is a sore one.......I need to let the boys become more domesticated before I split and leave mama for the weekend. This was the 1st Feb in 14 years I aint been beating up on the coast hard. Damn near cried.

Whiskey? Shit that is an easy one.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:25 pm

Out by mowich lake there is some good logging trails and there is a good place to stop and crank off a few rounds. Its about 45 min from puyallup. I got a hell of a two wheeler if you want to go for a drive sometime.

Dlap "Brad"

Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next