Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:43 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Second Sunday Breakfast 11/12 - Hawks Prairie 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah, I-5 traffic sucks all right.

I still say a train horn followed by a warning burst of all tracers from the quad fifties is the only answer to the slo mo double nickel passing lane dickheads.

Well, there I was, all alone, in a cold exhibition hall, thinking of the Hawks Prairie Restaurant down the road, like a pot of bacon at the end of the rainbow.

Even worse, because it would be filled with the warmth of Wa Gunners having a fabulous time enjoying each others company yet again on Gun Show Sunday.

I cried a bit, struggling to look strong so my competition wouldn't know I was off my game.

I almost felt like raising prices for one crazy moment, but shrugged off the powerful attempt at mind control, and soldiered on, feeling like I was 38 years old, living in a van, down by the river.

Then, hours later, the doors of the hall blew open, and a posse of Wa Gunners rode to the rescue, tearing off my cold rainy blanket of despair with their presence !

What a great crew of folks y'all are, seriously.

I still want to win the lottery, buy a thousand or so acres, and have a WaGuns community - free homesteads for WaGuns members, and a 2000 yard range at one end of WaGuns Town.

The best part of all was seeing how much the Balrog has grown - and she is a force of nature to be reckoned with.

I am amazed that Steve survived the cake episode. First photo, she looks terrified at her first ever exposure to the gaping maw about to vacuum up all cake in sight.

Then, realizing that Steve threatens her place at the top of the cake food chain, I think she prolly did shank him to slow him down and get her fair share.

BUT - the best was yet to come ! A Princess came bearing a gift fit for the gods !

A carefully crafted vessel of the finest damm bacon I have ever had - ever.

Clad in the finest of The Wrap From Reynolds, times two, was a layer cake of bacon.

Each piece carefully placed, with Sheets From Bounty, the quicker picker, upper separating each layer of bacon, carrying away any excess bacon grease, so that only the pure essence of bacon remained.

It was perfectly cooked, and obviously came to me as a result of a titanic battle between The Princess, PMB, and the Balrog to wrest it from the kitchen unscathed for presentation at the show.

I was in shock initially. and in my excitement upon revealing the gift, I bellowed to the entire hall, " Bacon, bacon, praise God, I have been saved by bacon !!! "

It was the best moment in my life, ever.

Special mention goes to Dreadi, the man with a plan, and the focus and determination to get to his goals.

I hope to see him setting up a table in the near future to showcase his awesome skills as a true craftsman of the arts of gun smithing.

I know that having him build me a 1911 is something that is definitely at the top of my list.

Also, he is just one of the finest kind of people you will ever meet, and we are fortunate to have him as a member of WaGuns.

It was a great day to be alive.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:13 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Damn. We might have to publish this thread.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

well I'll chime in...

cdoniguian wrote:
mcyclonegt wrote:
Whoever payed for breakfast. Hats of to you. Much appreciated.

Someone else paid $120 towards the bill, I picked up the rest (Matt and Damon chipped in too).

it was me...priceless seeing your guys faces all looking around huh...knew there were gonna be vets and some serving that's my Image

off to you. I wasn't expecting so many to show. It was good seeing some old faces and finally nice meeting you deadshot, do hope you get that tire taken care of.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cmica wrote:
well I'll chime in...

cdoniguian wrote:
mcyclonegt wrote:

Someone else paid $120 towards the bill, I picked up the rest (Matt and Damon chipped in too).

it was me...priceless seeing your guys faces all looking around huh...knew there were gonna be vets and some serving that's my Image

off to you. I wasn't expecting so many to show. It was good seeing some old faces and finally nice meeting you deadshot, do hope you get that tire taken care of.

Well you sneaky little bastid, of all the lowdown rotten things I have seen on this site....This one was one of the nicest things I have ever seen.

Thank you Chris

Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:52 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

zombie66 wrote:
cmica wrote:
well I'll chime in...

cdoniguian wrote:
mcyclonegt wrote:

Well you sneaky little bastid, of all the lowdown rotten things I have seen on this site....This one was one of the nicest things I have ever seen.

Thank you Chris

Well? Send him a dick pic to show your appreciation you inconsiderate jerk! :prettyeyes:

Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:17 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, to be fair, Chris had some extra cash since he hasn’t bought razors or shaving cream in six months....

Thank you, Chris! Very cool move, and yes you had us all completely baffled. :ROFLMAO:

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:11 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

MadPick wrote:
Wel, to be fair, Chris had some extra cash since he hasn’t bought razors or shaving cream in six months....

:rofl9: Trooof! So it was Homeless Santa!

MadPick wrote:
Thank you, Chris! Very cool move, and yes you had us all completely baffled. :ROFLMAO:

:plusone: Thank you Chris. The Balrog saw this and said "You mean I could have ordered my own dessert? :cussing: DAMN! "

Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cmica wrote:
finally nice meeting you deadshot, do hope you get that tire taken care of.

Nice meeting you as well. Yesterday I took the car over to an old (real old) friend of mine who owns a local tire store and his guys fixed it. Cleaned out the goop (not bad, rinsed out easy with a hose) and patched the puncture from the inside with a combination patch that sealed the inner liner and tire body. The object looked like a single tooth off a circular saw blade and just barely went through the inner liner.

I guess more and more cars are coming without any kind of spare now days and these combination Pump/Sealer "Goo" setups are becoming standard equipment. Freaking dealer wants $35 for a replacement canister but when compared to a tow to a tire store (if there is one open on a Sunday) I guess that's cheap.

FWIW, this is the first flat on any of my vehicles in over a dozen years. If I can go that long before the next one, my kids will probably have already taken the keys away from me. No problem, they'll just have to drive me to the range and all the Breakfast meetings. That may hold them off for a while. :bigsmile: :wink05:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wish there was female company and kiddos, too.

Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:06 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

PrincesSKS wrote:

Dunno what you're talking about, there were two chicks at my table.

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PrincesSKS wrote:

Would it count if I wore a dress and brought a friend wearing a diaper?

It was a Night Op in the library with an AK Pistol by TW...

Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
She was learning from the master.
Damon took this one ^

Sorry, this thread popped up again, and I laugh whenever I see this pic....

The look on her face is like, "I guess I won't be getting much of this dessert". :ROFLMAO:

It's even funnier 'cause you can tell Steve's trying to be neat & clean & not spill any.....

I also like how PMB's Balrog got right in there to look at deadshot's tire issue....

Great pics....great stories....

Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6