Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:37 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 North End Clean/Shoot (5/20) **Big Update** 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

On a side note, i had a massive case failure where it left half the case in the chamber in the wifes blackout. Sinus was nice enough to let me borrow a cleaning rod with hopes of extracting it, no joy. I ended up using a .22 AR conversion kit and pressed it into the upper and the brass that was in the chamber pulled out without much issue. Thanks for having tools on hand though Mike!

Sun May 21, 2017 1:58 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

das_napeth wrote:
On a side note, i had a massive case failure where it left half the case in the chamber in the wifes blackout. Sinus was nice enough to let me borrow a cleaning rod with hopes of extracting it, no joy. I ended up using a .22 AR conversion kit and pressed it into the upper and the brass that was in the chamber pulled out without much issue. Thanks for having tools on hand though Mike!

Another happy ending courtesy of sinus211. :thumbsup2:

Run a bore brush in from the chamber end; once you get past the chamber, pull it backwards. I had the same thing happen with a .223 last week:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun May 21, 2017 2:19 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

das_napeth wrote:

:party: Glad to hear you got that case out bud!
MadPick wrote:

Run a bore brush in from the chamber end; once you get past the chamber, pull it backwards. I had the same thing happen with a .223 last week:

:facepalm2: I had a full cleaning kit too. Damn. The more you know!

Sun May 21, 2017 2:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dang it! Mike finally found a use for his cleaning kit and let moment slip by. Guess you'll never get to use that cleaning kit Mike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sun May 21, 2017 3:10 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

old11bravo wrote:
Dang it! Mike finally found a use for his cleaning kit and let moment slip by. Guess you'll never get to use that cleaning kit Mike.

Maybe some day if my guns stop running, until then it'll just sit there looking pretty. Seriously though it got some use. Got to rescue a SCAR 16 with a crazy malfunction I've never seen before. And if we'd known Madpick's trick we could have had Dan's rifle running again too. Next time damnit! Next time!

Sun May 21, 2017 3:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sikspak88 wrote:
Wow! Terrific day with lots of great people coming together to achieve a common goal. It's nice to see bunch of like minded individuals working to keep the WaGuns and 2A community painted in a positive light. Can't wait to see what the future holds in the coming months once we get more consistently nice weather. Thanks WaGuns and everyone for making it such a great experience. Except for the dude that got all ass-hurt for shooting at his steel target that was downrange, I'm not quite sure what he expected to happen when you put out a steel target and have 10+ shooters on the firing line with itchy trigger fingers.

siks I'm glad you came out to help, and show wdfw there are people that care about our land. I know that when I do these type of events I don't mind too much when other shoot my targets that are designed for all calibers, I still appreciate when people ask first. It's just common courtesy. Welcome to waguns, and I hope to meet you in person. :cheers2:

Sun May 21, 2017 3:21 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

sinus211 wrote:
old11bravo wrote:

Maybe some day if my guns stop running, until then it'll just sit there looking pretty. Seriously though it got some use. Got to rescue a SCAR 16 with a crazy malfunction I've never seen before. And if we'd known Madpick's trick we could have had Dan's rifle running again too. Next time damnit! Next time!

My .22 AR conversion got it out at the shoot. Definetely a nice trick next time though! I was shooting some subs when the wife walked up with Braddock and she got all excited to shoot coyotes. Having tools on hand is most valuable at these things! I carry a BCG and a LPK with me at all times in case something breaks but apparently i need to carry more lol

Last edited by das_napeth on Sun May 21, 2017 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 21, 2017 3:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:

Dang I should have stuck around longer I didn`t know it was going to turn into that kind of party

It was a Night Op in the library with an AK Pistol by TW...

Sun May 21, 2017 4:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaGuns people are awesome! Kudo's to you folks for getting out there and showing what it's really all about. You took a stand for responsible shooting on public land and that message should spread throughout the Northwest. Well done, mates! Well done.

I stole the pictures above and posted a little note to my Trash No Land Facebook page. We have a few readers who are not on WaGuns and they need to know of your involvement. https://www.facebook.com/trashnoland/

I hope to make it to the next one! This one required a emergency break job so I busted up my knuckles all weekend.

My next one is in Mt Hood Nat Forest on June 17th, and all are invited. Be like PMB and do a little driving! It will be worth it! http://trashnoland.org/6_17_17.html .

Thanks again all! You make us gun owners proud!

Bill

Sun May 21, 2017 5:10 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

For the record, i will not be attending another combined shoot. BSMB ran thing very poorly and I don't agree with people drinking at the pit, i have no problem admitting i will occasionally have a beer and shoot on my personal property but a public pit is no place for this.

Sun May 21, 2017 5:41 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

das_napeth wrote:
For the record, i will not be attending another combined shoot. BSMB ran thing very poorly and I don't agree with people drinking at the pit, i have no problem admitting i will occasionally have a beer and shoot on my personal property but a public pit is no place for this.

Whoa, seriously? I didn't see this or would have beat feet immediately. That's the kind of shit that hurts our reputation.

Sun May 21, 2017 5:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:
das_napeth wrote:

Whoa, seriously? I didn't see this or would have beat feet immediately. That's the kind of shit that hurts our reputation.

So were people drinking and shooting? Or having Beers after the guns were put up? More info needed here. icon_eek

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun May 21, 2017 5:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bri said several times (out LOUD) "those guys over there are shotgunning beers". She was NOT happy about it and wanted them to stop.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun May 21, 2017 6:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
Bri said several times (out LOUD) "those guys over there are shotgunning beers". She was NOT happy about it and wanted them to stop.
so these people were apart of Bri's group or wa guns ? This is definitely not good; we have the DNR who helps sponsor these cleans and we really don't need that relationship damaged.

Sun May 21, 2017 6:20 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Pablo wrote:

Honestly makes me feel a lot better. There was still a guy in a second gen Dodge with a koozie over his beer and during the raffle said trade for a bud. I've seen enough Bud Light cans in the last couple weeks to definitely know what one looks like. I think he left before shooting though as it took so long for the one side to start shooting because of the stupid comp

Last edited by das_napeth on Sun May 21, 2017 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 21, 2017 6:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next