Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:48 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 North End Clean/Shoot (5/20) **Big Update** 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MADrtcw wrote:
Pablo wrote:
Bri said several times (out LOUD) "those guys over there are shotgunning beers". She was NOT happy about it and wanted them to stop.
so these people were apart of Bri's group or wa guns ? This is definitely not good; we have the DNR who helps sponsor these cleans and we really don't need that relationship damaged.

NOT Waguns for sure.

Her group? Unsure.

Were they with a sponsor? I think the answer to that might be yes, and Waguns didn't supply sponsors.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun May 21, 2017 6:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

das_napeth wrote:
For the record, i will not be attending another combined shoot. BSMB ran thing very poorly and I don't agree with people drinking at the pit, i have no problem admitting i will occasionally have a beer and shoot on my personal property but a public pit is no place for this.

Exactly why you should attend the next one. And other shooting days in between! We need to fill the woods with responsible shooters who will demonstrate responsible shooting and who show respect for the privilege of shooting on public land.

Your presence is needed, das! We have a lot of work to do in this arena!

If we turn away and leave to those who trash it and destroy the privilege, we will loose it altogether. I think we out number the bad ones.

Really appreciate you bringing this issue up. Thanks for coming forward with your observations.

Sun May 21, 2017 7:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TNL wrote:
das_napeth wrote:
For the record, i will not be attending another combined shoot. BSMB ran thing very poorly and I don't agree with people drinking at the pit, i have no problem admitting i will occasionally have a beer and shoot on my personal property but a public pit is no place for this.

Exactly why you should attend the next one. And other shooting days in between! We need to fill the woods with responsible shooters who will demonstrate responsible shooting and who show respect for the privilege of shooting on public land.

Your presence is needed, das! We have a lot of work to do in this arena!

If we turn away and leave to those who trash it and destroy the privilege, we will loose it altogether. I think we out number the bad ones.

Really appreciate you bringing this issue up. Thanks for coming forward with your observations.

I agree; i know it's hard wanting to be out there with all these other buffoon's that may be there but that is when we all need to step up as a group and say no that is not happening on our watch. shoot responsible or leave

Sun May 21, 2017 7:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thank you to all that came out and made this clean up such a success! I look forward to hearing back from the DNR on their thoughts on the level of success on this one.
PMB, thanks for stepping up and being the official face of Waguns, even having drive all that way for such a short time. Not sure I know many people willing to do that. Hats off to you!
Das Napeth, thanks for helping hands when you could, and appreciate you hauling the family up as well, even though the big just wouldn't take a damn nap! Your buddy John, I owe him a bottle or case of whatever he drinks, he was the hidden hero of the whole show. Please, please pass along my thanks to him and T for all their help that morning. Total lifesavers! I hope to see him on here soon.
Sinus, good to see you there as always bro, tell Joe thanks for all the hard work.
Zombie, classic zombie. Show up late after all the work is done....but seriously, it was fun shooting your big boys, thanks again. But dude, hit the gym or something, you're not getting any smaller, fatty.
Lionhrt, thank you for the sauce man, it was killer! Wish you were feeling better and we able to dp some shooting. As always though, it was nice bullshitting ya.
Rayjax, bud, youre a huge help come game time. Thank you. I know you had to work so we realky appreciate you showing up and pitching in.
Pablo, thanks for making the trek. You were cleaning up before anyone was even there. Hopefully next time you're a bit healthier.
Sted9er, was great meeting you, your son, and your friend. Thanks for the making the long ride up. You guys were a huge help in the clean up.
I'm sure I'm missing people(friends of mine, and a friend of theirs were huge help and non members of either group), so I will say thanks again to any and all who came out and pitched in. This will be noticed, and it does make a difference!

On a side note, Mikey, sorry there was an issue with your target. The gentleman was checking out my GP if its who I'm thinking of. No excuses, just a moment where both of us should have been more aware. I hope all is well and you and the other member can work it out. We're all on the same team afterall.
The drinking. I was not aware of it. I wil be in touch with Brie about the shoot in general and see what she has to say about it. I can't imagine she would be happy about it at all. Not to mention the problems it will create with DNR.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Sun May 21, 2017 7:53 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

My sincere thanks to you NorthEnders. That was a BIG project.
Jagerbomber35 wrote:
Thank you to all that came out and made this clean up such a success! I look forward to hearing back from the DNR on their thoughts on the level of success on this one.

I'm curious about that too. Was there a count on total participants? How many BSMB and how many WaGunners?
It is a good thing to pick up that trash, but would feel like a million bucks if people simply stopped trashing public land. Unbelievable... Who teaches their children to pull their earplugs out and drop them on the ground?!
Jagerbomber wrote:
PMB, thanks for stepping up and being the official face of Waguns, even having drive all that way for such a short time. Not sure I know many people willing to do that. Hats off to you!

This has been bugging me a bit since Mr MadPick said I'd be repping... Maybe this is the wrong thread to go off about this, but I am a WaGunner just like the rest of you. My name being green just means that Steve and Dan get free editorial labor out of me, and makes me a target for a little more rough words than I had aimed at me before. You NorthEnders were the reps for WaGuns, not me. If anything, call me the envious SouthEnd WaGunner enjoying the company of my Northern Brethren. You guys have a great area up there, enough so that the Missus and I were looking around for real estate signs.
When I show up for a clean up I am not doing it as a rep for WaGuns. I'm doing it to clean land and support the real reps. Thank you Jagerbomber (et al) for all the time, material and effort.

We bagged trash for 1.5 hours- I didn't feel that we'd earned the world famous grub coming out of that bbq trailer. But man, that smelled good and made me think about sneaking a plate.

Sun May 21, 2017 8:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MADrtcw wrote:
I agree; i know it's hard wanting to be out there with all these other buffoon's that may be there but that is when we all need to step up as a group and say no that is not happening on our watch. shoot responsible or leave

I would disagree on the "group step up" mentality simply because in most cases that actually escalates situations.

These scenarios where some individuals begin breaking the safety and socially accepted rules of group (range) shooting should be addressed immediately, the moment it is detected. The behavior is best addressed, deescalated and diffused by one, two or a small group of predetermined people. This small group of predetermined will be granted authority by all in attendance at the group shoot to act as range safety officer and will have the power to ask violators to conform to the rules or leave. This same small group of predetermined RSO/security individuals will be responsible for contacting local law enforcement if the situation escalates beyond a citizens scope of authority.

I wasn't at the shoot this year (disappointing) :ballchain: as I had other commitments, but I have been at plenty of group functions where a little group appointed policing goes a long way and if bad behavior gets detected early and addressed before feelings start getting hurt. Everybody goes home happier and safer at the end of the day.

I'll be the first to tell you how impressed I am with Kyles organization and leadership skills when it comes to putting these events together. It's a huge task and he does it very well. That said, he can't do it all by himself. If Kyle feels it is necessary, I would be happy as I'm sure some others would be, to coordinate with him in helping out in any safety and security duties.

Sun May 21, 2017 8:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

old11bravo wrote:
MADrtcw wrote:

I would disagree on the "group step up" mentality simply because in most cases that actually escalates situations.

These scenarios where some individuals begin breaking the safety and socially accepted rules of group (range) shooting should be addressed immediately, the moment it is detected. The behavior is best addressed, deescalated and diffused by one, two or a small group of predetermined people. This small group of predetermined will be granted authority by all in attendance at the group shoot to act as range safety officer and will have the power to ask violators to conform to the rules or leave. This same small group of predetermined RSO/security individuals will be responsible for contacting local law enforcement if the situation escalates beyond a citizens scope of authority.

I wasn't at the shoot this year (disappointing) :ballchain: as I had other commitments, but I have been at plenty of group functions where a little group appointed policing goes a long way and if bad behavior gets detected early and addressed before feelings start getting hurt. Everybody goes home happier and safer at the end of the day.

I'll be the first to tell you how impressed I am with Kyles organization and leadership skills when it comes to putting these events together. It's a huge task and he does it very well. That said, he can't do it all by himself. If Kyle feels it is necessary, I would be happy as I'm sure some others would be, to coordinate with him in helping out in any safety and security duties.

I understand the escalated part pretty well. Last year at the triangle pit clean we had one member here tell two people that were shooting rapid fire 5 yards behind everyone else to hold there fire and move up. They didn't take well to being told what to do and started screaming at him. Apparently they pointed a rifle at him when he wasn't looking as well.

But yes having appointed RSO's at these big events would be a good thing.

Sun May 21, 2017 8:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jagerbomber35 wrote:
Pablo, thanks for making the trek. You were cleaning up before anyone was even there. Hopefully next time you're a bit healthier.

Thanks for recognizing that. I ended up filling 7 blue large bags. All that with multiple breaks and no worse for the effort. In fact I feel great today and that includes driving up to Bellingham and scrambling around Larabie with my wife and daughter and dog all day yesterday. Slept like a rock last night as I have been void of exercise for months.

I will say this - dude you don't frvk around. You were humping on your excellent trailer. I laughed at some of the so called smoker experts who walked up and commented. Good and some odd.

Two bummers: I only got to taste the meat. Not allowed to power copious quantities. And I didn't shoot my ammo.

Last edited by Pablo on Mon May 22, 2017 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 22, 2017 7:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Drinking whilst shooting is a county heritage up North here didnja know?

Divided we fall.

Mon May 22, 2017 8:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Those clowns looked like city boys.

Mon May 22, 2017 8:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
Those clowns looked like city boys.

Divided we fall.

Mon May 22, 2017 8:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Way I see people that practice unsafe procedures, get outta there quick as a confrontation these days isn't worth it, but a phone call to the sheriff is worth it.
Maybe just me, but weapons and an individual lack of responsibility being called out may not result in a good outcome.
This day an age, just not worth it. If an individual is being a friggen idiot, he knows the fact and couldn't give half a brain cell what anyone else thinks. Plus if he's with his buddies, he just can't let someone correct him and be seen as weak to his buddies.
Number one reason why I don't shoot at pits, any pit.
Other wknd at Greenwater clean up I almost drug a rifle off the bike to shoot, up until I saw someone playing with a gun while others down range. Granted I don't believe it was a Wagunner, nonetheless from my past history I get spooked easily by people shooting weapons around me, an watch others intently.
Hopefully whoever the yahoo was that was drinking and shooting, received a good amount of negative peer pressure from people he's associated with.

Mon May 22, 2017 9:47 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

STED9R wrote:
Way I see people that practice unsafe procedures, get outta there quick as a confrontation these days isn't worth it, but a phone call to the sheriff is worth it.
Maybe just me, but weapons and an individual lack of responsibility being called out may not result in a good outcome.
This day an age, just not worth it. If an individual is being a friggen idiot, he knows the fact and couldn't give half a brain cell what anyone else thinks. Plus if he's with his buddies, he just can't let someone correct him and be seen as weak to his buddies.
Number one reason why I don't shoot at pits, any pit.
Other wknd at Greenwater clean up I almost drug a rifle off the bike to shoot, up until I saw someone playing with a gun while others down range. Granted I don't believe it was a Wagunner, nonetheless from my past history I get spooked easily by people shooting weapons around me, an watch others intently.
Hopefully whoever the yahoo was that was drinking and shooting, received a good amount of negative peer pressure from people he's associated with.

+1. That is about word for word why I don't shoot at pits with people I don't know. I had hoped to shoot at this clean-up, but the schedule made it impossible, and then when I got there and saw how many people there were - No Chance even if the schedule had allowed! Although I would like to have a smaller clean-n-shoot with just some of the NorthEnd WaGunners some day.
When any of you NorthEnders find yourselves down in SW by Longview, Kalama, Woodland, Battle Ground- please drop me a PM and swing by for a cup of iced sun tea, or a beer if we're not going shooting. Our range (WMGC) is nice and quiet, and our "wild" shooting range is one-party sized. We bring bags and clean it up every time we shoot there.
Welcome down.

Mon May 22, 2017 9:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

das_napeth wrote:

Are you talking about the 2 young pups that had the bright red truck and trailer? They looked like they were barely 21 and acting all proud to be drinking finally. I walked by just as one of them took a knife to his beer as if he was going to shotgun it and the other one popped his can and said "oh I didn`t know we were shotgunning" I just walked up to them and looked puzzled and said "Really" they just looked away and finished their beers.

It was a Night Op in the library with an AK Pistol by TW...

Mon May 22, 2017 5:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

lionhrt wrote:
das_napeth wrote:

Are you talking about the 2 young pups that had the bright red truck and trailer? They looked like they were barely 21 and acting all proud to be drinking finally. I walked by just as one of them took a knife to his beer as if he was going to shotgun it and the other one popped his can and said "oh I didn`t know we were shotgunning" I just walked up to them and looked puzzled and said "Really" they just looked away and finished their beers.

Pretty much the same look Mikey gives me when I say "I'm chuffed to bits"

Mon May 22, 2017 5:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next