Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:28 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 North End Clean/Shoot (5/20) **Big Update** 
Site Admin
Site Admin

PMB is expected by my place any time now. I'm throwing him a box with all of our spare schwag to give away.

Sat May 20, 2017 5:21 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Stopped at grocery store. Light snacks

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sat May 20, 2017 5:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I had a late night last night at my buddy's wedding so I'm running behind today, but I'm on my way up now!

Sat May 20, 2017 10:28 am

I just joined this group today so I can be apart of future events like this. My wife and I move up from Colorado and we were looking for a place to shoot my recent AR build. I found the Greenwater area and so off we went... what a total embarrassment I felt as a gun owner to see the overwhelming amount of litter, filth and utter lack of respect. I'm amazed this area hasn't already been closed off. I enjoyed driving the 4x4 trails in Colorado and participated in clean ups to keep those trails open. I've seen the forest service shut down 4x4 trails and areas like this in Colorado for a LOT LESS! The Seattle times has already done a negative piece on this area, so I'm concerned it will be bad press for all of us. I'm glad I found this group and I look forward to helping out in the near future!
Ben

Sat May 20, 2017 1:00 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome to WaGuns, Ben. You are right to be concerned.

Thanks for joining, and thanks in advance for future cleanup help!

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat May 20, 2017 1:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Benjamin wrote:
I just joined this group today so I can be apart of future events like this. My wife and I move up from Colorado and we were looking for a place to shoot my recent AR build. I found the Greenwater area and so off we went... what a total embarrassment I felt as a gun owner to see the overwhelming amount of litter, filth and utter lack of respect. I'm amazed this area hasn't already been closed off. I enjoyed driving the 4x4 trails in Colorado and participated in clean ups to keep those trails open. I've seen the forest service shut down 4x4 trails and areas like this in Colorado for a LOT LESS! The Seattle times has already done a negative piece on this area, so I'm concerned it will be bad press for all of us. I'm glad I found this group and I look forward to helping out in the near future!
Ben

Glad you joined and are willing to help clean up. As you already know greenwater needs some serious help and we don't have consistent man power to keep it cleaned regularly.Sad thing is we cleaned it up two weeks ago to the day. We'll be having another cleanup July 8th. Looking forward to seeing you there.

Sat May 20, 2017 2:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sorry I didn't make it up today. Truck sheared its crankshaft about halfway there. At least it didn't happen when I was towing my life across the country!

To get the day back on track after I got home, I hopped on my motorcycle with a big backpack and panniers, and zipped over to the Duvall pit to do some cleaning there. Not a terrible scene compared to some, but any trash is still embarrassing as Ben noted re:Greenwater. No needles or big appliances this time, but there was a burned out mattress and the remnants of a few others.

With the hike, that spot is definitely not easy to clean, but it's nowhere near impossible either. I can get past the gate with my bike and haul a decent amount of stuff, but do we ever get that thing unlocked to do the sort of cleaning that happened today up North?

Oh and I know I'm new, but I may have recruited some new members and/or cleanup allies. Everyone I overlapped with was pretty positive about getting involved and putting a good foot forward.

Sat May 20, 2017 3:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SnakePlissken wrote:
Sorry I didn't make it up today. Truck sheared its crankshaft about halfway there. At least it didn't happen when I was towing my life across the country!

To get the day back on track after I got home, I hopped on my motorcycle with a big backpack and panniers, and zipped over to the Duvall pit to do some cleaning there. Not a terrible scene compared to some, but any trash is still embarrassing as Ben noted re:Greenwater. No needles or big appliances this time, but there was a burned out mattress and the remnants of a few others.

With the hike, that spot is definitely not easy to clean, but it's nowhere near impossible either. I can get past the gate with my bike and haul a decent amount of stuff, but do we ever get that thing unlocked to do the sort of cleaning that happened today up North?

Oh and I know I'm new, but I may have recruited some new members and/or cleanup allies. Everyone I overlapped with was pretty positive about getting involved and putting a good foot forward.

Good to hear you got a few more people onboard. There will be more opportunitys to help clean soon, keep checking the other events section.

Sat May 20, 2017 3:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Success. Not as trashy as last NEGS, but still. Come on man. WTF is wrong with people?

Met a bunch of you guys face to face for the first time. I did some work, ate, stayed for the raffle but achy breaky knee had about enough. Though, turn out from our side was definitely lacking.

Some damn clown won the Anderson lower with some kind of engraving.

Sat May 20, 2017 3:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oh yeah and I didn't just fall off the rabbit truck.

Sat May 20, 2017 4:20 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Left at 5:45 this morning, just got home at 6:30pm.... I actually thought I would have time to buy a set of dies from Marcusp at the Centralia gun show on the way back home. :ROFLMAO:
Missed the end of the show by 20 minutes.
That is a beautiful shooting spot, other than the garbage left by thoughtless turds. That whole area is beautiful. You northenders are living surrounded by paradise. :cheers2:

Sat May 20, 2017 5:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
Success. Not as trashy as last NEGS, but still. Come on man. WTF is wrong with people?

Met a bunch of you guys face to face for the first time. I did some work, ate, stayed for the raffle but achy breaky knee had about enough. Though, turn out from our side was definitely lacking.

Some damn clown won the Anderson lower with some kind of engraving.

Yeah we need to get more people out there somehow.

Sat May 20, 2017 5:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great turn out. Thanks to Kyle again. Good to see familiar faces and meet a bunch of new people. Looking forward next year.

Which is the better: a good friend, a good heart, a good eye, a good neighbor, a good wife, or the understanding of consequences? It is none of these. A warm and senitive soul which knows the worth of fellowship and the price of the individual dignity, this is best.

Sat May 20, 2017 5:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Got home 90 minutes ago.
Kyle can friggen cook, no two ways about it. Damn that was good.
With amount of people, cleaning wasn't a quick once over, very thorough cleaning and place looked great.

Learned a very valuable lesson today...... don't do a 250 mile bike ride with a mix of dirt and asphalt, then turn around and roll another 250 miles the next day when you've been in an automobile for past 7 months.
We're sore as hell! Can't stand as we're sore, can't sit either!!!
Bed is going to be really early tonight.

Maybe if we all pitch in, we can pay Kyle enough to drag his rig South to the New Year's shoot? You poor slacking shammers just don't know what you've missed!!!!

Sat May 20, 2017 6:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
Left at 5:45 this morning, just got home at 6:30pm.... I actually thought I would have time to buy a set of dies from Marcusp at the Centralia gun show on the way back home. :ROFLMAO:
Missed the end of the show by 20 minutes.
That is a beautiful shooting spot, other than the garbage left by thoughtless turds. That whole area is beautiful. You northenders are living surrounded by paradise. :cheers2:

How the heck did I miss you?

Sat May 20, 2017 7:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next