Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 6:11 pm

Rules Brads Guns RA I5 Guns & Ammo Killer Innovations WAC
WGO Chat Room Precise Shooter LPG Pintos
Gear COUNTYLINE WCA Fortis 2A Ind.
Calendar





Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 OFFICIAL WaGuns 2017 New Years Day Shoot at ESC 

Are you coming?
Yes 43%  43%  [ 26 ]
Yes +1 22%  22%  [ 13 ]
Yes +2 8%  8%  [ 5 ]
Yes +3 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
Yes+4 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No 22%  22%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 60

 OFFICIAL WaGuns 2017 New Years Day Shoot at ESC 
Author Message
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Snohomish
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011
Posts: 1045
Real Name: Dan
Thank you to all but I really must apologize to FZrider and his wife (ms264winchester i believe) they got pummeled by hkcavaliers and my own .308 muzzle blast quite a bit.


Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:48 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Olympia
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011
Posts: 2898
Real Name: Kelley
Well if I had known PMB and Mashman were going to be there, I would've tried to wake up before 9:30 am to get my butt over there.
Although I did also take a nap at 1:00.

I drank more last night than I have in years, first time my own son had to drive me home from a party.

I forgot that Irish Death has almost twice the alcohol as Guinness.


Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:51 pm
Profile
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Puyallup
Joined: Thu Jul 5, 2012
Posts: 1815
Real Name: Glenn(sted)
Gotta start off by saying thanks to Steve, Dan and the rest that put this on every year. You guys are the ones that actually do the leg work to get this disfuctional group to function like a team with events like this.

Gotta say, aside from roughly 5 rounds through various hunting rifles for zero check in Nov, first time since 1Jan 16' I've shot anything as work has been hell....
My wife, who's much smarter than me, was somewhat firm on me getting out of the house and my shop today to do something that I enjoy that doesn't involve labor, started working on a rear bumper build on my trk and every spare 10 minutes I have or when not at work I'm out cutting/grinding/welding on it and no time for much else. So it was a relaxing day for a change to pull triggers.

Found my arms are a bit short to jack the lever on Sportsdads 38-55. Took me 3 times after first shot to get the case to pop up. When you play with short 357 and 45LC all the time, muscle memory doesn't just disappear on first shot, damn it's a perty rifle...
Got a kick outta Scooby and the group firing off soda cans and golf balls, makes my shooting glow sticks out of shotguns child play. But shooting his golf balls off hand with the 357 off the berm was definitely fun.

Even made an impromptu trade with OldJim with Mini30 mags, 20 rounder in the woods isn't needed to drag around for what I'm going to use it for.
Hot coffee was a pleasure for cold digits!

Finally got the meet PMB, and say high to someone ive met yet can't recall right screen name.....and Mashie again (only wished that the 49's had lost sooner to rub it in)

Decided after the suppressor shoot segment, I need a suppressor, actually 3. So thanks guys, more OT for me now to buy them....

Thanks to all!!


Last edited by STED9R on Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:29 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Cheney, WA
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011
Posts: 2447
Real Name: Jeremiah
das_napeth wrote:
Thank you to all but I really must apologize to FZrider and his wife (ms264winchester i believe) they got pummeled by hkcavaliers and my own .308 muzzle blast quite a bit.


I second that...it was well and good we were the end lane so as to not batter TWO groups.

I figured out my AK...stupid braided trigger coil spring slipped off the trigger.

_________________
"Wherever you go, there you are."


Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:34 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Yelm
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011
Posts: 10901
Real Name: Michael
Kelley you need to come up with a better reason on why you didn't show.

Glenn maybe next year thumbsup

_________________
ANZAC wrote:
That one that says "From my cold dead hands..... will require a background check"


He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.


Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:48 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Olympia
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011
Posts: 2898
Real Name: Kelley
mash man wrote:
Kelley you need to come up with a better reason on why you didn't show.

Glenn maybe next year thumbsup


Truth is, I was pretty hung over and....... Lazy


Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:43 pm
Profile
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Everett, WA
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012
Posts: 922
Real Name: Chris
ChrisB wrote:
lunacite wrote:
Good luck with getting your rail to stay in one place!


I know right. I'm looking into the Nikon P-223 you had. Which one was that btw 4-12x40MM, 3-9x40MM, or the 3-32MM?


It's this one http://www.nikonsportoptics.com/en/nikon-products/product/null/p-223-3-9x40-bdc-600.html


Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:43 pm
Profile ICQ
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Olympia
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011
Posts: 16044
Real Name: Steve
So who got my junk drawer turned upside down and dumped into a box various goodies that I just didn't have uses for?

Thanks Chuck for picking that stuff up. I hope Ops got the super tactical operator gear belt.

_________________
"I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said." - William Buckley, Jr.

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins


Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:25 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar
Site Admin

Location: Olympia, WA
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011
Posts: 30708
Real Name: Dan
kf7mjf wrote:
So who got my junk drawer turned upside down and dumped into a box various goodies that I just didn't have uses for?

Thanks Chuck for picking that stuff up. I hope Ops got the super tactical operator gear belt.


There was so much PIF stuff that we went through ALL 64 tickets and there was still a lot left, so we just opened it up as a free-for-all. Steve left with a very small box of remnants.


Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:20 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Location: Oly Wa
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 243
Real Name: Rick
Thanks for a fun day of trigger time. I didn't get a lot of shooting but thanks to the RSO who let me move to the range shack to help disassemble someone AR (sorry forgot you name) in a safe environment.

While pack up the range, someone left a steel target behind. Please pm me with a description so we can get it back to you.

_________________
Keep your booger picker off the bang switch till its go time!
Marriage...betting 1/2 of everything you own that you will love someone forever!
There is a term for 2 people of the oppsite sex being in the bed at the same time without out sex. Its called marriage.


Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:24 am
Profile
In Memoriam
User avatar
In Memoriam

Location: Tumwater
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011
Posts: 20
Real Name: Chris
Thank you all who put this event together. Was a really fun day. I think we should do a summer group shoot as well, maybe in June or July.

kf7mjf wrote:
So who got my junk drawer turned upside down and dumped into a box various goodies that I just didn't have uses for?

Thanks Chuck for picking that stuff up. I hope Ops got the super tactical operator gear belt.

I grabbed one of the collapsible stocks for my mak.


Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:00 am
Profile
Online
Site Moderator
User avatar
Site Moderator

Location: Vancouver, WA
Joined: Tue Mar 5, 2013
Posts: 6786
Met Mr Usrifle and it seemed like I'd known him for years. :cheers2: He held off on his bumpfire clinic for a higher berm.

Ironworker78 showed up - started describing another knife build. I can only take so much motivation before I am forced to get off my butt and start working, man! Can't wait to see the build progress. *hint hint*

Benja was vindicated after showing up with his lovely SO. We've been thinking he might be photoshopping her into all his selfies, but she is real.

Sportsdad is just as nice and polite as he seems to be here on WaGuns. It's a super relief to find out that we have normal people on here also!

Olydemon shared a couple of his Tools of Freedom, including an AR with a bunch of parts that he personally coded for on a CNC machine. VERY cool.
Oly, I really do have some files for you. 3rd time'll be the charm. (If you remind me no more than 5 minutes before I load for the trip. haha)

These stories about Isildur's Cowboy action tool- I wish that I had spent more time in the pistol bay! 45LC is one of my favorite cartridges.

Regarding MadPick's "good side"... That is only in contrast to his GREAT side.

When I think of how versatile and interesting AR-15s can be, I usually think of lunacite. The guy knows his ARs, so when he talks I pay attention. Looking forward to the description of what happened to the 5.56.

Found out Breck has family very near to my abode. The offer of coffee and a visit was made. Come on by when you're in the 'hood.

airmandan wrote:
Damn it, I need to stop being out of the country for these shoots!

We considered holding off until you were back here to join in, but figured we'd hold this one AND have more when you're back.

_________________
I'm too soon old and too late smart.


Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:42 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Bonney Lake
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015
Posts: 1626
Real Name: Brian
Pleasure meeting ya, STED9R.


Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:43 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Bonney Lake
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015
Posts: 1626
Real Name: Brian
Your too kind PMB.

I knew all of you were going to be great folks, never met a 2nd amendment supporter I didn't like! :)


Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:44 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: olympia
Joined: Sun Dec 8, 2013
Posts: 415
PMB wrote:
Met Mr Usrifle and it seemed like I'd known him for years. :cheers2: He held off on his bumpfire clinic for a higher berm.

Ironworker78 showed up - started describing another knife build. I can only take so much motivation before I am forced to get off my butt and start working, man! Can't wait to see the build progress. *hint hint*

Benja was vindicated after showing up with his lovely SO. We've been thinking he might be photoshopping her into all his selfies, but she is real.

Sportsdad is just as nice and polite as he seems to be here on WaGuns. It's a super relief to find out that we have normal people on here also!

Olydemon shared a couple of his Tools of Freedom, including an AR with a bunch of parts that he personally coded for on a CNC machine. VERY cool.
Oly, I really do have some files for you. 3rd time'll be the charm. (If you remind me no more than 5 minutes before I load for the trip. haha)

These stories about Isildur's Cowboy action tool- I wish that I had spent more time in the pistol bay! 45LC is one of my favorite cartridges.

Regarding MadPick's "good side"... That is only in contrast to his GREAT side.

When I think of how versatile and interesting AR-15s can be, I usually think of lunacite. The guy knows his ARs, so when he talks I pay attention. Looking forward to the description of what happened to the 5.56.

Found out Breck has family very near to my abode. The offer of coffee and a visit was made. Come on by when you're in the 'hood.

airmandan wrote:
Damn it, I need to stop being out of the country for these shoots!

We considered holding off until you were back here to join in, but figured we'd hold this one AND have more when you're back.

I look forward to that!


Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:41 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], usrifle and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum



Rent Me Pintos NRA SAF CCKRBA
Aldersons Facebook


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.
[ Time : 1.173s | 18 Queries | GZIP : On ]