Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:49 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Updated 8/3/2016: BBQ at Ft. Steilacoom park Aug 20th. 

Update: Sorry guys I'm sorry to say with some current events that have come up in my life I will not be able to do this event and I have to call it off.

Last edited by picjusbro on Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Wed May 18, 2016 9:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you can nail down a date, I might be willing to offer my services. If it doesn't conflict with an existing gig, I'd be happy to tow the smoker down there and feed all the animals.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Wed May 18, 2016 10:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:pray:
Jagerbomber35 wrote:
If you can nail down a date, I might be willing to offer my services. If it doesn't conflict with an existing gig, I'd be happy to tow the smoker down there and feed all the animals.

Kyle works magic with that smoker!

Wed May 18, 2016 12:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

picjusbro wrote:
I have been thinking of planning a BBQ gathering for fellow Open Carriers and 2nd Amendment enthusiast at Ft. Steilacoom park before I plan it I was wondering who would be interested in attending.

https://www.cityoflakewood.us/parks-and-recreation/parks/fort-steilacoom-park

Does Lakewood allow firearms in it's parks? Some municipalities are a bit anal about that sort of stuff. I am down to get together with other members for some bbq though!

Wed May 18, 2016 12:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Barfly wrote:
Does Lakewood allow firearms in it's parks? Some municipalities are a bit anal about that sort of stuff.

State preemption forbids municipalities from passing firearm restrictions that are more stringent than state law. Park bans on guns are a violation of preemption and are therefore invalid.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.290

Quote:
The state of Washington hereby fully occupies and preempts the entire field of firearms regulation within the boundaries of the state, including the registration, licensing, possession, purchase, sale, acquisition, transfer, discharge, and transportation of firearms, or any other element relating to firearms or parts thereof, including ammunition and reloader components. Cities, towns, and counties or other municipalities may enact only those laws and ordinances relating to firearms that are specifically authorized by state law, as in RCW 9.41.300, and are consistent with this chapter. Such local ordinances shall have the same penalty as provided for by state law. Local laws and ordinances that are inconsistent with, more restrictive than, or exceed the requirements of state law shall not be enacted and are preempted and repealed, regardless of the nature of the code, charter, or home rule status of such city, town, county, or municipality.

http://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.300

Quote:
(2) Cities, towns, counties, and other municipalities may enact laws and ordinances:
(a) Restricting the discharge of firearms in any portion of their respective jurisdictions where there is a reasonable likelihood that humans, domestic animals, or property will be jeopardized. Such laws and ordinances shall not abridge the right of the individual guaranteed by Article I, section 24 of the state Constitution to bear arms in defense of self or others; and
(b) Restricting the possession of firearms in any stadium or convention center, operated by a city, town, county, or other municipality, except that such restrictions shall not apply to:
(i) Any pistol in the possession of a person licensed under RCW 9.41.070 or exempt from the licensing requirement by RCW 9.41.060; or
(ii) Any showing, demonstration, or lecture involving the exhibition of firearms.

(3)(a) Cities, towns, and counties may enact ordinances restricting the areas in their respective jurisdictions in which firearms may be sold, but, except as provided in (b) of this subsection, a business selling firearms may not be treated more restrictively than other businesses located within the same zone. An ordinance requiring the cessation of business within a zone shall not have a shorter grandfather period for businesses selling firearms than for any other businesses within the zone.
(b) Cities, towns, and counties may restrict the location of a business selling firearms to not less than five hundred feet from primary or secondary school grounds, if the business has a storefront, has hours during which it is open for business, and posts advertisements or signs observable to passersby that firearms are available for sale. A business selling firearms that exists as of the date a restriction is enacted under this subsection (3)(b) shall be grandfathered according to existing law.
(4) Violations of local ordinances adopted under subsection (2) of this section must have the same penalty as provided for by state law.

Wed May 18, 2016 12:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:Init: Just need a date so I can schedule a day off. I usually work weekends.

Wed May 18, 2016 4:27 pm

Barfly wrote:
picjusbro wrote:
I have been thinking of planning a BBQ gathering for fellow Open Carriers and 2nd Amendment enthusiast at Ft. Steilacoom park before I plan it I was wondering who would be interested in attending.

https://www.cityoflakewood.us/parks-and-recreation/parks/fort-steilacoom-park

Does Lakewood allow firearms in it's parks? Some municipalities are a bit anal about that sort of stuff. I am down to get together with other members for some bbq though!

State law forbids cities from banning guns in parks. A few years ago that was a ban of OC without a CPL. I argued with the city Attorney and city council and got it removed.

Wed May 18, 2016 10:20 pm

Jagerbomber35 wrote:

What days work best for you? I was thinking June/July time frame.

Wed May 18, 2016 10:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sounds like fun. :thumbsup2:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Wed May 18, 2016 10:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

picjusbro wrote:
Jagerbomber35 wrote:

Hmm, i have several gigs those months. Let me check my schedule and shoot you a PM.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Thu May 19, 2016 4:02 am

Jagerbomber35 wrote:
picjusbro wrote:
Jagerbomber35 wrote:

Hmm, i have several gigs those months. Let me check my schedule and shoot you a PM.

Ok, I can do August as well.

Thu May 19, 2016 9:13 am

Original post has been updated.

Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cool I'm putting in for the day off now.

hoping we get good turnout.

Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well shit. I have a wedding that day. Sorry guys. I always wanted to tow my smoker through the ghetto.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm in!

Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next