Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:03 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 (Feeler) Gun trust signing event 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I figure this is a long shot, but wanted to throw this out there in case there is anyone else out there in a similar situation. I purchased a gun trust from one of the more popular online vendors for such an item, and am stuck with a trust that requires two witnesses, plus a notary, to sign. I understand that not all gun trusts call for witnesses to the notarization, but I'm not comfortable going in and deleting this section from my trust, without legal guidance (quite frankly, this would probably cost about the same as I paid for the trust itself).

Long story short, I haven't really had the opportunity to round up two random people to drag down to a bank/notary, so I am wondering if anyone else here could benefit from a small meetup to get trusts notarized, with the attendees being available as witnesses (as necessary)? If your trust requires it, I would be happy to be a witness to the signing. If there is enough interest, perhaps we could even justify the cost of a mobile notary to come meet us at a coffee shop or similar venue. I am located in Covington, but open to meeting up pretty much anywhere within a reasonable drive distance.

Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As a side note, and maybe another option... granted I'm not absolutely sure which "group" you used.

If you can get 4-6+ folks together that bought a trust.

You can then talk to that "group" you got the trust from about sitting down and doing a sit down.

I have set up Trust meetings in the past using NW Gun Law Group and they were very good with coming and doing a meeting (granted it was large enough to make sense to them).

The lawyer, Keith Wells is a Notary so he notarized as well as made sure all the forms were correct. He also ran over some basics with the level of trust and some common questions.

Something to just think about...

Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just a thought. Have you contacted any notaries? Many likely have people in their office that can act as witnesses. When my wife was a notary, she had people in her office that would witness notaries that required them.

Μολὼν λαβέ

I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly. Also, please forgive my spelling or grammatical errors. If my post doesn't make sense or is not amusing, it's technology's fault and most certainly not operator ɹoɹɹǝ. Thank You

Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

oldkim wrote:
As a side note, and maybe another option... granted I'm not absolutely sure which "group" you used.

If you can get 4-6+ folks together that bought a trust.

You can then talk to that "group" you got the trust from about sitting down and doing a sit down.

I have set up Trust meetings in the past using NW Gun Law Group and they were very good with coming and doing a meeting (granted it was large enough to make sense to them).

The lawyer, Keith Wells is a Notary so he notarized as well as made sure all the forms were correct. He also ran over some basics with the level of trust and some common questions.

Something to just think about...

:plusone: :yes: :handload:

I try to understand all this back and forth about trusts; "the easy download your own trust', the 'legal zoom trust', the ' download the paper fill it out hope for the best trust". I went with the Law Group. My recent NFA transaction was seamless. The book they give you is complete, notarized and backed by them to assist you in the future. The class 3 dealer I am working with, took my trust, copied what they needed and my NFA item is in the works. You can save a lot of time money headache and wonder if it is going to work by considering even one of the less expensive trust options that the NW Gun Law Group has. Also, I put my sons's name on my trust, and like I have said before, my guns will go to him period end of story.

Thanks again OLD KIM, it was an investment well worth it, despite whatever new BATFE laws that are upcoming. thumbsup

There are times when the situation as it occurs, dictates the course of actions that follow.

"I stand for the National Anthem, always have, always will"

On days like this, I often wonder what Gary Gordon and Randy Shughart would do...

Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SFCRMSA wrote:
Thanks again OLD KIM, it was an investment well worth it, despite whatever new BATFE laws that are upcoming. thumbsup

Hey Thank you... it's sometimes mind blowing how hard it is to convince people - this is something you don't want to skimp on.
Peace of mind, security knowing you have lawyers that will defend their work product...

But I've always said... whatever folks decide - as long as they know.

Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

see Jonathan

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=61666&hilit=notary

Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the tips. Glad to see that this community has some very generous folks willing to help each other out.

I ended up finding a local real estate office where they were more than happy to help me out. Apparently, banks are quite conservative when it comes to notarizing things. The managing broker was a well seasoned notary public, and we even used the event as an opportunity for her to train two colleagues to become certified as well. It worked out well, as they were able to be the witnesses to the notarization.

The expensive stamp collecting hobby begins now...

Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]