Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 1/15/16 - Olympia Gun Rights Rally 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Don't know too much about this yet, except what I was invited to on FB:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1669962036622933/

Quote:
Set aside January 15th. We are going to Olympia to Rally for Our Rights again. Our main goal this year is just as it was last year. We are rallying to our representatives. We will have a short rally at 9:00 AM to discuss the issues regarding our right to keep and bear arms. Following this all attendies are asked to get to your representatives to meet and discuss the issues with them. We will have a team there to both help you find your reps and to help you write letters to them as well. This will be similar to the rally we had on January 15th. this year which turned out to be quite successful for the intended purpose. I.E. Those attending were able to get to many of their representatives to meet and speak with them. Let's do this again folks. Note that at Noon there will be another group fighting paternity fraud rallying too. We have partnered with this group to share resources and are encouraging everyone to attend both.

Please note: We would like to ask anyone that carries firearms to please keep them holstered or slung. Each of us is responsible for our own actions. That includes both appropriate safety and conducting ourselves in a respectful manner that will reflect positively on the group as a whole. Thanks.

I guess the push behind this is Gov. Inslee is planning his own EO's to combat gun violence here in WA.
Inslee to announce executive order related to gun violence
Quote:
Washington Gov. Jay Inslee is set to announce an executive action seeking to curb gun violence.

Inslee will announce the statewide initiative on Wednesday at the Navos Mental Health and Wellness Center in Burien. He'll be joined by Dr. Jennifer Stuber, an associate professor at the University of Washington School of Social Work, and Dr. Monica S. Vavilala, Director of the Harborview Injury Prevention and Research Center.

The announcement comes the same week President Barack Obama announced his plan to tighten control and enforcement of firearms in the U.S. Obama's plan creates a more sweeping definition of gun dealers that the administration hopes will expand the number of sales subject to background checks.

http://www.yakimaherald.com/news/state_ ... user-share

Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:54 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'll probably attend this. Look for the guy with all his teeth, slacks and a button down shirt... hopefully most everyone else goes that route too, and leaves the mall ninja, neopatriot and just crawled out of the bunker look at home.

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

kf7mjf wrote:
I'll probably attend this. Look for the guy with all his teeth, slacks and a button down shirt... hopefully most everyone else goes that route too, and leaves the mall ninja, neopatriot and just crawled out of the bunker look at home.

You can bet that the left will have their "plants" there parading as right wingers just to make us look like the gun nuts they yell and scream about.
And of course, those will be the only ones that get their picture taken and posted online, to the newspaper or on t.v.
:angryfire:

Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Of course I'm working that day. Dang I haven't had a chance to wear my ACU's,drop leg, plate carrier, and reindeer hat for so long.

Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I might. I get off work at 0730, might be late. Will have to see how tired I am.

'The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing.'

Adolf Hitler

Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

why can't we pick a day when it is a bit warmer.....say April 15th? (National Buy a Gun Day)

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:14 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
kf7mjf wrote:

You can bet that the left will have their "plants" there parading as right wingers just to make us look like the gun nuts they yell and scream about.
And of course, those will be the only ones that get their picture taken and posted online, to the newspaper or on t.v.

Then wouldn't it behoove us to try and dispel that mythology?

Remember when the Black Panthers did it, they were sharp dressed AND well armed.

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

kf7mjf wrote:

All my teeth... check
slacks... nah...
button down shirt.... no shirt, no shoes, no problem

Last edited by GeekWithGuns on Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

kf7mjf wrote:
AR15L wrote:
kf7mjf wrote:

Remember when the Black Panthers did it, they were sharp dressed AND well armed.

And that prompted most of CA's anti-gun laws...no thanks.

Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Benja455 wrote:
kf7mjf wrote:
AR15L wrote:
kf7mjf wrote:

Further evidence that the racist roots of gun control persist.

"I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." - Robert Heinlein

Resistance to tyranny is always justified.

Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Benja455 wrote:
kf7mjf wrote:
AR15L wrote:
kf7mjf wrote:

So you are saying it's better to look like you are occupying Federal land in Oregon than put on a nice shirt? I'm confused. The point is if you are going to do a protest and carry any sort of gun it's better to look like a civilized human being than some sort of wild eyed cammo wearing freak.

Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I personally think you would look good in toothpick pants, black leather overcoat, wide tracker shiny black FBI shoes, and a raspberry beret like all them fellahs.

Kinda like Shaft, only bleached out a bit more. Damm right.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:37 pm

I would have to agree that dressing nice and acting appropriately will benefit the cause and allow participants to be taken seriously. Please remember the Wall Street Sit in. That started out good, but when I saw the long haired dude with the bongo drums :mulletslayer: on the news I knew it was through.

Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:29 am

strider43 wrote:
I would have to agree that dressing nice and acting appropriately will benefit the cause and allow participants to be taken seriously. Please remember the Wall Street Sit in. That started out good, but when I saw the long haired dude with the bongo drums :mulletslayer: on the news I knew it was through.

So I shouldn't bring my bongo's next Friday?? :mulletslayer:

Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:47 am
Profile WWW

I don't know who we should fear most, the anti-gunners or our own... seriously, Either way, I'm off Friday... :thumbsup2: :Init:

The same Government that considers the Founding Fathers 'Terrorists, is the same Government the Founding Fathers warned us against…

MEMBER; NRA, SAF, GOA, Lewis County Oath Keepers,

Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next