Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:22 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Elbe Hills Shooting Pit Clean and Shoot Event -26 September 
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

I had a family emergency early in the a.m. and could not attend. I am puzzled- were there other folks from this FB page
on site who tried telling WaGunners they could not participate in "their" cleanup? Was this banning just from the FB group or did
they attempt to tell WaGunners what to do on public lands? Strange...

Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:25 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

3584ELK wrote:
I had a family emergency early in the a.m. and could not attend. I am puzzled- were there other folks from this FB page
on site who tried telling WaGunners they could not participate in "their" cleanup? Was this banning just from the FB group or did
they attempt to tell WaGunners what to do on public lands? Strange...

Just the FB group.

This is the post that got anybody who spoke in support of WaGuns, banned.

Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:48 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well they banned me too. All i did was post the clean up this saturday at greenwater, let them know i has at the Elbe clean up and that was enough to get banned. The petty admins over there are not apart of the solution to the problems we face as gun owners. This type of in fighting is not good but for some reason they can't see this. Hopefully some of the members will see this and join waguns.

Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:40 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is why the "antis" will win. We (gun folks collectively) create our own division.
Children can't put their egos away for 5 fucking minutes to work together. And the few people they do respect won't man-up and call them on their bullshit.

Same petty reasons we can't have rallies anymore -> My organizer is better than yours; I don't like your dress-code; OC vs. OCLG vs. CC; Saturday vs. Tuesday... and on and on. :thumbsdown:

Fuck it. Maybe one of you guys can come up with some reason for me to keep doin' this shit, instead of just shootin' in my back yard...

Massivedesign wrote:
Owen, grab mine please!! I’ll speak for chris. Grab his too!

MadPick wrote:
I also get serviced by Massivedesign.

Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

To all who attended and were involved with the FB thread. I am very sorry that the FB group took such an issue to the sign. I use to be an admin for that goup and there is a bit of drama with a few of there members. I have put together the last two events at elbe with the help of the FB (mostly promoting the event), but will propably head the events here from now on and invite the FB group as supporters and not the main hosts. Again I am sorry for all of the drama of a few members from that group. I find it funny that I was the only one to speak in favor of the sign (that didn't get the ban hammer) telling them to work together and who cares who gets credit for what as long as it gets done and puts the shooting community in a good light with DNR.

I still plan on posting the WA guns signs that I have on 4x4 posts right next to the shooting pit that Madpick and the other gentelman gave me. :thumbsup2:

Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:48 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

finn57 wrote:
To all who attended and were involved with the FB thread. I am very sorry that the FB group took such an issue to the sign. I use to be an admin for that goup and there is a bit of drama with a few of there members. I have put together the last two events at elbe with the help of the FB (mostly promoting the event), but will propably head the events here from now on and invite the FB group as supporters and not the main hosts. Again I am sorry for all of the drama of a few members from that group. I find it funny that I was the only one to speak in favor of the sign (that didn't get the ban hammer) telling them to work together and who cares who gets credit for what as long as it gets done and puts the shooting community in a good light with DNR.

I still plan on posting the WA guns signs that I have on 4x4 posts right next to the shooting pit that Madpick and the other gentelman gave me. :thumbsup2:

Thank you Brandon for helping the community. We can help you promote the clean up efforts that will include FB and this site.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:56 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

BadKarma wrote:
finn57 wrote:

Thank you Brandon for helping the community. We can help you promote the clean up efforts that will include FB and this site.

This x1000!

Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:00 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

finn57 wrote:

Can you post the clean up for FS-70 on there FB page? When i was a member for a few hour a few people asked when the next clean up was, i answered and posted the info but got banned so i'm not sure how many people actually seen the post. I'm sure they're people there who want to help and shoot. The ones who care about credit need not attend.

Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ronald Reagan — 'There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit.'

Sorry had to leave early and go to work. But cleanup went real quick. Since cleanup was finishing, I went near the parking areas and cleaned up mess you can see from the road and on the hill. Saw a bag of trash, diapers, ammo boxes, light fixture, tires, coffee cups etc. on side of hill.

Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sorry, i tried to post the FS-70 clean up in the FB group, but it appears that I've been booted now too! I guess someone didn't like my post here, oh well... Sorry I can't help spread the word with that group since several of the members wanted to help with the greenwater cleanup.

Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sad state...

When ones pride is more important than the group effort (Big Picture).

That group must have some very small minded, self centered retards running the camp.

For that I foresee a very short future for them. I do hope the folks will catch on but with no power the group is just headed for failure because of a small core of shallow people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It is sad indeed, since they do have such a good size following that wants to help with the clean up events.

Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

finn57 wrote:
It is sad indeed, since they do have such a good size following that wants to help with the clean up events.
I guess if i really wanted to i could contact each local individual of that group and tell them there is a clean up this saturday. That's a hell of a lot of effort though and i really don't want drama at a clean and shoot.

Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Is waguns a for profit business? That seems to be the crux of the crying over there.

Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:50 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Duke EB wrote:
Is waguns a for profit business? That seems to be the crux of the crying over there.

NO, we are not. We also have written permission from DNR to post these signs at the locations we clean. I explained both of those items to Mr. John Kiely shortly before being shown the door.

Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:55 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next