Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:42 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 SVRC annual BBQ picnic 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Was a great time today. Didn't see anyone I recognized from Waguns out there, anyone else from here go?

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:24 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Alpine wrote:
Was a great time today. Didn't see anyone I recognized from Waguns out there, anyone else from here go?

Dammit . . . I forgot. How many people were there?

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:

The same people that showed up for the 2nd Sunday meet...................Nobody.

Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
Alpine wrote:

The same people that showed up for the 2nd Sunday meet...................Nobody.

That's not overly surprising. They're completely unresponsive to electronic contact, I emailed them about helping out with some of OldKim's free targets, no response, helping out with women's training, no response. Everytime I've tried to call or email them, I either get VM or no response.

It's not surprising no one showed up. I got a little tiny postcard thingy in the mail late last week telling me about the BBQ. Not exactly a big effort on their part and not enough time to modify plans. They don't have a FB page that I'm aware of (offered to help set that up as well at the last meeting I went to), or if they do, I'm unaware of it. It was probably on their calendar, but the only time I look at that is to make sure some event isn't happening that'll preclude me going shooting.

Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:44 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well shoot. I totally forgot too...

As for clubs like this... it's the membership that drives most of the events and happenings at the club level. Either they have high fees or annual dues, etc to maintain (hire some folks to run a "online page" or they are fortunate to have a member willing to do all that for free).

So, if you are a member (any club) and have a special talent... e.g. internet, FaceBook, web design, making posters or have hours to volunteer for anything (clean up to safety duties, etc).... that is where you can help out a small club.

I know I get irritated about keeping a calendar up to date... for the clubs I am a member... but I also know someone has to input that info... While some are very good at it... it takes someone to actually know and have access and have the time to put it in.

It's like this site and the rest like it. Someone has to clean up all the sold threads...
It's a totally under appreciated "job" but the Admins and Moderators do it very well.

Bottomline -
There has to be a driving force to get the info out, maintain it and follow through. Without that one person or small group... then it's all... BS

Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:40 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oops. lol

Last edited by oldkim on Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:00 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

SVRC sure has changed a lot. I mean, I haven't been there for a few weeks, but DAMN! icon_eek

:peep:

Oldkim is traveling. I suspect that he's having trouble finding the thread he wants on his phone, with data costing him $10,000 per minute . . . .

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Alpine wrote:

Dammit . . . I forgot. How many people were there?

I'd say 75-150 people showed up, didn't do a head count.

Had a great time. Got to shoot black powder for the first time, that was interesting learning the loading process.

Good food, friendly people. There was a display of several military vehicles and a 22 shooting contest for the kids too. Beautiful day!

I also talked to the facilities manager about getting a clay launcher installed for the two trap bays.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Damn, damn, damn, damn :crybaby:

I forgot about this!

Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Quote:
It was probably on their calendar, but the only time I look at that is to make sure some event isn't happening that'll preclude me going shooting.

^ This

Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]