Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Renton Fish and Game Club Suppressor Shoot August 22 2015 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
Bump to see who's going.

:anyone:

I'll be there with a buddy of mine.

I think I'll go. The entrance fee isn't too high, the ammo is reasonably priced. I can attend, see some cool guns/suppressors, shoot them, and not have to clean anything at the end of the day.

Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cool let us know how it goes! Take lots of pictures!

I'm out of country so can't attend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OK I went to this thing with my buddy. I had a good time. Good people there, range rules weren't crazy. It was mainly put on by SilencerCo. All their weapons have the orange flag on them. I'd love to attend one where there are more WaGuns members, more Form 1 suppressors, more nice firearms.

I've tried to include some descriptions from what I remember, sorry if I'm wrong.
Full Album

Members 308 with sub-sonic hand loads.

Members bolt-action Browning .22

SilencerCo 300 BLK

SilencerCo Glock 45

SilencerCo Glock 9mm

SilencerCo Brown Buckmark Camper 22

SilencerCo Benelli Shotgun

SilencerCo AR 15

SilencerCo 300 Win Magnum

SilencerCo 308

Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:05 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nice pics!

Did you do much shooting? Are you a suppressor owner now?

Did anything strike you as particularly interesting?

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Nice pics!

Did you do much shooting? Are you a suppressor owner now?

Did anything strike you as particularly interesting?

I bought a fair amount of ammo. 5 of most, 2 shotgun, 10 .22 and 10 300 BLK.

I've been out 3 times with people that have suppressors so it wasn't too new. For my friend it was his 1st time so he had lots of fun. Popping your cherry always is.

The Members 308 was a very nice rifle & optics. The loads were very light and would probably hit the ground at 100yrds.

The Members browning 22 was interesting for a bolt action. You don't lift the handle up, just pull straight back/push straight forward.

300blk is a great round. I really want to get a new upper for my AR. Order it off the internet and ship it straight to my house.

The suppressed 9mm/45 were still loud, probably needed to be shot wet. I think the overhang made them louder too.

The SilencerCo firearms weren't the nicest but still functional.

A suppressor on a shotgun is retarded. Barely any noise reduction, way too heavy on the nose.

The suppressed AR 15 blew gas back into my face. Not cool. Even with glasses on.

Suppressed 308/300 is just silly. What's the point? Does this make the follow-up shot on a deer easier since it doesn't hear your 1st miss?

I really need to buy a .22 suppressor for my Browning Buckmark & Ruger 10/22. Just so much money.

PS The optics on the AR's were interesting. First time I'd used them. I need to shoot AR's with other optics before I decide what to get for my own.

Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:01 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

snozzberries wrote:
Suppressed 308/300 is just silly. What's the point? Does this make the follow-up shot on a deer easier since it doesn't hear your 1st miss?

I use a suppressor on my Rem 700 .308 for benchrest shooting. It does a great job of reducing recoil, which is the main benefit for me. However, it also does a pretty good job of cutting the noise; if I'm the only one shooting, I can comfortably do it without hearing protection.

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
snozzberries wrote:

I use a suppressor on my Rem 700 .308 for benchrest shooting. It does a great job of reducing recoil, which is the main benefit for me. However, it also does a pretty good job of cutting the noise; if I'm the only one shooting, I can comfortably do it without hearing protection.

Unfortunately these were using super-sonic ammo so were in the "hearing protection required" section of the event.

I haven't shot them enough to tell the difference suppressed/un.

Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

[url][/url]

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Both of the Silencerco pistol silencers were .45 caliber AND were the "K" models, shorter, less sound reduction. The Osprey 45K was on a Glock 9mm, Octane 45K on a Glock 45acp. I was surprised after shooting the 9mm that they were the "K" model. I thought it was plenty quiet.
ETA: neither of the pistols had suppressor sights so it was interesting using completely obstructed sights.

Sent from my SGH-T779 using Tapatalk

Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:27 am

1811GNR wrote:
ETA: neither of the pistols had suppressor sights so it was interesting using completely obstructed sights.

Sent from my SGH-T779 using Tapatalk

You can actually get pretty good at "shooting through the can". Its how i shoot my sig p226. Can still get pretty accurate with it

For some reason i thought this was next weekend or i would have tried ot make it and brought all my toys along

Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Adding to what others said:

I thought the event was fun. From an attendee POV, it was nice that turnout was low because it meant there was almost no wait to shoot, and there was time to talk and ask questions without the RSOs or the SilencerCo rep being overwhelmed. I had a good time.

Pinto's Guns supplied the ammo for the event, and the prices were fair. They had to ration the .22 LR subsonic at first, but there were plenty left when I went back for more.

Those were the positives. Here are the downsides, from my POV:

I thought there was a fair selection of guns and cans, although I would have liked to see more rifle cans and a better variety of ammunition (different bullet weights, different velocities). The 9mm ammo was all 124gr FMJ, the host was a G17, and the can was an Osprey 45 K (the shorter Osprey). I would have liked to have heard it with 147gr and 158gr ammo. Also, I have no idea why there wasn't a 9mm can on a 9mm host.

The Glock 21 (.45 ACP) with Octane 45 K was BARELY hearing safe. I had to wear earmuffs because it made my ears ring. It also was having issues going fully into battery. Not sure what the issue was.

I also found it disappointing that the host guns lacked tall sights. Sure, you can adapt and "see through" the cans, but these host guns were provided by SilencerCo. You'd think they would make them suppressor-ready for these demos. One with a MRDS would have been cool, too.

I thought it would have been nice to have an Osprey 40 there as well. There aren't many .40 S&W dedicated cans on the market, so it would have been nice to actually see one in action.

The Browning Buckmark with the Sparrow SS was by far the most fun. It confirms the widely-held belief that if you're going to get just 1 can, get a .22 can. The Spectre II cans provided by the RFGC member were also very quiet.

The ammo choice for the Salvo 12 was poor (7/8 oz slugs @ 1300 FPS). It would have been nice to hear it with #8 shot target loads, which are just barely supersonic. Maybe they didn't want bird shot on the range - who knows.

The .300 BLK SBR was the star of the show, in my opinion. It was deadly accurate and sounded great with the Omega. I just wish I could have heard it with a Saker 7.62 as well.

The 5.56 AR sounded pretty good with the Saker 5.56. The target situation on the rifle range was unfortunate, though. It seemed like the pistol range was much better about replacing the clay targets more frequently than the rifle range. Putting tiny holes in paper at 50 yards just isn't any fun compared to busting clays.

The range staff was great. Got to meet Brett and Robb (I think that was his name) - both very approachable and friendly. I wish I had known there were other WAGuns members there - it would have been nice to put faces to names. For reference, I was the guy in jeans, a black Zev Technologies T-shirt, and an all black Mariners hat.

If they host another one of these events, I'll go again.

Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:33 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Guns4Liberty wrote:
I wish I had known there were other WAGuns members there - it would have been nice to put faces to names. For reference, I was the guy in jeans, a black Zev Technologies T-shirt, and an all black Mariners hat.

If you wanted to meet Zev or Mariners fans, you were doing the right thing....

If you want to meet WaGuns members, wear a WaGuns shirt or hat! :gibbs:

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Haha, well played. I'll order some swag soon. :wagwoot:

Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great review Guns4Liberty. Wish I would have known you were there. I was with my buddy that does construction. You had jeans and a black t-shirt? Not helping. :) Did you ride a motorcycle? have 2 kids with you? Eat a giant burger? Burger & chili? I would have worn my swag but it's a sweatshirt. I should have opted for the hat when I got free swag.

I think it would have been cool to load up some of the suppressors "wet" so people could see the difference and also what the first-round "pop" is.

Range staff were great, the people were great, the pulled beef sandwich I had was great, thanks for the food ya locals. Sounds like the chef spent several days smokin' it.

Ammo prices were great. That's why I went actually. I had expected to get raped on pricing but it was so reasonable I couldn't not-go.

I agree the Browning Buckmark was great. The first time I got to shoot a suppressed weapon was with a WaGuns member that invited me to his place, and let me put his suppressor on my gun. Wouldn't be allowed this event, which kind sucked. Would have been much better with Form 1 suppressors, if non-members could bring their own suppressed.

I like my sights and trigger better. :)

Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:18 pm

snozzberries wrote:
Would have been much better with Form 1 suppressors, if non-members could bring their own suppressed.

I agree. Maybe next time they'll do it like they did back in 2011.

Randy

Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next