Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:44 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Gun Owners Nationally Support Starbucks on 02-14-2012 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

I've made 1 stop already for a total of $6 spent. Place was busy as usual. I'll be back 3-4 times today as well.

What would be really funny is if the Boycotters went this morning to a Seattle's Best Coffee, or Coffee People (oregon) store to talk about how they wouldnt support the evil empire.... Starbucks happens to own both of those...

Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:35 am
Profile WWW

Got my Buck's coffee this morning!!!!

Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:42 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RENCORP wrote:
Were you carrying the " Noisey Cricket? " Or, the minigun concealed under the range rider duster? Not fair to expect them to notice, either way....................... Just sayin'

S&W 66 OWB Kramer holster. Had a glance or two. Nothing more.

"For I have always lived violently, drunk hugely, eaten too much or not at all, slept around the clock or missed two nights of sleeping, worked too hard and too long in glory, or slobbed for a time in utter laziness. I’ve lifted, pulled, chopped, climbed, made love with joy and taken my hangovers as a consequence, not as a punishment."
-- John Steinbeck
"Experience is one thing you can't get for nothing."
-- Oscar Wilde
"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one."
-- Marcus Aurelius
"Now I'm off to check out Drew's dick."
-- MadPick

Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:15 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Represented in Bellingham -- The Great White North to most of y'all Southerners! -- this morning. Spent about $10 at Starbucks, not a normal stop for me.

I didn't pull my piece and wave it around or anything (in fact, I didn't even have it on me as I don't have a CC permit) but I was there for their bottom line.

Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

calshands wrote:
Represented in Bellingham -- The Great White North to most of y'all Southerners! -- this morning. Spent about $10 at Starbucks, not a normal stop for me.

I didn't pull my piece and wave it around or anything (in fact, I didn't even have it on me as I don't have a CC permit) but I was there for their bottom line.

This is WA you don't need a permit to openly carry. But get a CPL anyway, it makes it easier for getting in and out of the car. It's only $56, and no class or test is required.

Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
calshands wrote:

This is WA you don't need a permit to openly carry. But get a CPL anyway, it makes it easier for getting in and out of the car. It's only $56, and no class or test is required.

It's on the ever growing list of things to do. My prob has been that the city requires you to come in to be fingerprinted at certain times that would cause me to lose at least a half day of work, which I really can't afford either in lost income or backlog of work. So one of these days things are going to be all lined up and I'll get the CPL. Probably won't carry anyhow, but who knows?

Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

UWT (Downtown Tacoma near UW Campus) with .45ACPAddy around 11am! OMW to the one in Lakewood again today!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - The period at the end means end of statement. Our founding fathers put it there on purpose. It means STOP trying to tell me what my rights are and let me HAVE them!

God Bless You

Massivedesign wrote:
Goose is a Pastor... Jesus gave him 10/10.

Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:46 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Its not very often that I go to Starbucks but i went to the one in Smokey Point today sporting my SW M&P 40, and did not see any boycotters.
:flag:

Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:54 pm

Represented in-full at the one in Auburn on Auburn Way N. and 15th St.

Me and my girlfriend had our I <3 Guns & Coffee T-shirts on and our plastic reusable cups with the same logo on them.

I was sporting my parkerized RIA 1911 with OD-green Hogue rubber grip panels (I was color-matched!) open-carried in a Serpa holster and balanced by a Serpa single-mag mag-holster on the other side.

The shirt itself got a few odd looks, but otherwise nothing to speak of. They were sufficiently busy when I went at 9:15am.

Last edited by just_a_car on Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I went into a starbucks in Lacey OCing my .41 mag snub. No looks or second glances. As it should be.

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Made a trip to the Yelm Starbucks after work (about 1630) and bought an extra cup of coffee for the day. Two Thurston County Sheriff's Deputies were there and aside from a smile and a nod they didn't say anything about my 1911 riding OWB in full view. I thanked the cashier for supporting freedom and she just looked at me like I had two heads. Didn't see any other OCer's, but it was pretty quiet in there. Ran to Safeway after that to grab a last few last minute ingredients for dinner and a few flowers for the wife unit (I know, I caved on that one) and had a nice chat with the store manager about the flower selection and he thanked me for shopping Safeway and never mentioned anything about my OC. On the way out of the store a lady walked up next to me (strong side) and said (in a quiet voice) "hey your gun is showing." I smiled and replied "Thanks, I know. Open Carry is legal in Washington. Have a nice night!" She smiled and went on her way. Overall a pretty quiet day.

ETA: Page 2 is pwn3d!

A gun's two worst enemies: rust and politicians.

Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:52 pm

calshands wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:
calshands wrote:

It's on the ever growing list of things to do. My prob has been that the city requires you to come in to be fingerprinted at certain times that would cause me to lose at least a half day of work, which I really can't afford either in lost income or backlog of work. So one of these days things are going to be all lined up and I'll get the CPL. Probably won't carry anyhow, but who knows?

Instead of going threw the city go threw the county sheriff. It's faster and they do fingerprinting everyday during business hours. That's what I did. I got tire of waiting on the city.

Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:49 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2