Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 2:03 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 BBQ and Shoot in Sultan! July 13th 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I mentioned in my sitrep post that we wanted to host a WaGuns BBQ and Shoot at our new place up here in Sultan, WA next month. We have g/f's kids every other weekend, and their father doesn't want them exposed to DER GUNZ, so our two weekend options are the weekend of July 13th-14th and July 27th-28th. Both weekends would work equally well for us, SO, ladies and gentlemen (and Talons), I ask of you: which would work best?

The plan: Rendezvous at my house in the mid-late morning, roll out around noon to go to the pit. The shooting area is about a 30 minute drive, with the last 3.2 miles on a forest service road. It's accessible to most vehicles, but it is a steep road in places. Hang out there, generate some brass, maybe clean up a little (though as of the last time I was there, there really wasn't much to clean up), then roll back to the house once we get hungry enough. I have only a small charcoal grill, but I have a ton of charcoal. I'll provide some brats and burgers, but I'd ask that everybody contribute a little something to eat or drink.

:Admin:
Mod Enhanced :thumbsup2:

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Last edited by Captain90s on Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:04 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Damn.. Both of those are out for me... 13th and 14th I am at the Hydro Races in Olympia, 27th and 28th I'll be in Sin City.

Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:35 pm
Profile WWW
Founding Father
Founding Father

I'd be down either date as it's real close to me. Do you know for sure that you can shoot in the area because Sultan has an ordinance out there that prevents target shooting in 95% of the area.

Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The pit is not actually in or around Sultan per se, the closest town is Gold Bar. There IS a no shooting sign at the entrance to the fs road, but the pit (and a couple of smaller ranges) are used by the locals. I was recommended there by a friens in Startup, and I've even had the forest ranger trucks roll past me there without more than a wave hello.

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:19 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Saturday the 13th works best for me.

If the spot is a 30 minute drive, it isn't within Sultan's area.

Captain, could you PM me the coordinates of the spot, please?

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador, I'll send you the co-ords tomorrow. I also have a picture of the pit I took today. It's really the best spot I've found so far.

Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:09 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sounds a lot better than driving to olympia or sedro wooley, though I will drive to those places for meet and greet. :bigsmile:

Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PM sent to Selador.

Went back up there yesterday, met a couple cool folks and steered them towards WaGuns. I thought I had a picture of the pit, but it may have been accidentally deleted (or it may not have been saved, my phone has a habit of lying to me about that). Oh well.

Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:19 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So far it looks like everyone who is available is available on the weekend of the 13th. I've just gotten home internet, so I will be around more to try and co-ordinate this.

Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:03 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

do you have co-ordinates?

Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I do have co-ordinates, hesitant to post them in the open. I was just at the place today, and aside from a lot of shotgun casings and 22lr brass, place was fairly spotless.

Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:56 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

nitefire1 wrote:
do you have co-ordinates?

PM him to ask for the coordinates.

:bigsmile:

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Have you gotten up there, Selador? I'd like to get another WaGunner's opinion on the pit. I can't find much wrong with it, but a second opinion is always good, especially before doing a group shoot there.

Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:54 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Im in,

Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Captain90s wrote:
Have you gotten up there, Selador? I'd like to get another WaGunner's opinion on the pit. I can't find much wrong with it, but a second opinion is always good, especially before doing a group shoot there.

Not yet.

Maybe some time this week.

Possibly about mid day wednesday.

Do justice. Love mercy.

Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 207 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next