Switch to full style
Post a reply

Cleanup TAHUYA STATE FOREST June 25, 2022

Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:28 am

Meet at 9 AM, Sat June 25th for a safety meeting with coffee & donuts. Cleanup shooting sites and some nearby trashed areas. Lunch provided at 12:30. Free raffle prizes! Group shoot after the event!

It's a good feeling when you help save a place to shoot! :thumbsup2:

Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/3Gb9h8Rhj7Y2e4iA8
GPS: 47.439389, -122.914417

Full details at Trash No Land webpage Upcoming Events:
https://www.trashnoland.org/stimson-creek-stewardship-day/

6-25-22 Stimson Cleanup.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cleanup TAHUYA STATE FOREST June 25, 2022

Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:21 am

I’m gonna have to make this one Bill since it’s not that far from my home. It will be good to see you again my friend. :thumbsup2:

Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:28 am

Caveman Jim wrote:I’m gonna have to make this one Bill since it’s not that far from my home. It will be good to see you again my friend. :thumbsup2:

Yeah, it'll be great to see you again too! Been a few years1 Looking forward to it!

Send me your phone number again, in a private message or text to my phone 360-713-8304, cause I don't see it in my contacts. Also include your full name, if you would (All I have is Caveman Jim!). Thanks.

Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:00 pm

We have Les Schwab tires on board with supporting this event! They will accept any discarded tires we find in the Tahuya on the 25th! Nice!

LesSchwab.jpg

Some gun shops are supporting it too! Donations for the free prizes coming in! Will post about them soon.

This is turning out to be a good time!

Bill
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:09 pm

Nicely done!

Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:18 pm

I've had great luck with asking Les Schwab Tire Centers to do that. All over WA & OR, not one has turned me down! We don't always find tires, but when we do, it's nice to know we can drop them off.

DNR has reported some break-ins at their dumpster locations where people have started the tire stack on fire! Then they've ransacked the dumpsters and stolen anything of value (mostly metal stuff and wire cables). By getting the tires out of the forest completely, we eliminate the fire problem. Same with the metal... We're having someone load the metal separately and take to a recycle place. They can keep the cash, but it gets it out of the forest.

We usually don't have to worry about the brass. Tweekers already picked it up at night!

Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:17 pm

Suggestion: Can we maybe get Bill his own TNL subforum akin to the dealer ones? Admittedly a non-profit org isn't the same as a vendor, but having an entire section for cleanups and other volunteer opportunities all in one place might be a little more convenient for those looking for somewhere to lend a hand.

Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:25 pm

Interesting idea. I usually post all pertaining info in the thread "Info for shooting on Public Land", in the Places To Shoot section. Thought I'd try the 'Other Events' section for a change.

Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:28 pm

Good idea to boost visibility in another section. :) Someday once I have the Bedridden Old Crab squared away and mobility, I intend to make it to one of these... I somehow doubt 350lb of braying impatient wheelchair-occupant would be exactly conducive to a productive work session.

Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:39 pm

Awe, we welcome all who want to come.

5-21-22 NF Wolf Creek 22.jpg

group-sized-2.jpg

Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:52 pm

Operative word is "WANT to come"--the only thing that makes my mother crabbier than me not being immediately ready to cater to her whims on demand is having to get out of bed and into her wheelchair. Dragging her along would not be a happy experience for anyone involved. :( Folks who want to help I'm sure there are ways, but her agenda would pretty much be "get us thrown out."

OTOH, once she's squared away, if I can get my girlfriend on a plane out here... :)

Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:34 pm

Anyone up for camping Friday night? I got a spot at the horse camp, about 5 minutes north of the meeting site. I need to let the camp host know if anyone else will be camping.

Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:29 am

We appreciate VOLUNTEERS!

So we've arranged for some free prizes when you volunteer for the Stimson Creek Stewardship Day cleanup event in the Tahuya State Forest! (Lots more than shown here!)

Everyone who signs in at 9 AM gets a free raffle ticket. Drawings at lunch time!

Full details in the link below!

[img]
Raffle%20Prizes%201.jpg
[/img]

Plus more sponsor prizes inbound!!!

https://www.trashnoland.org/stimson-creek-stewardship-day/

Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:31 am

[img]
Shanes%20Prize%20Donations.jpg
[/img]

Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:38 pm

I've got 30 burgers & 30 dogs ready for this event. Complete with lettuce, cheese, tomatoes and condiments. Two different salads, watermelon and chips. For the morning meeting, there's coffee, bagels and muffins (someone bring donuts!).

Is anyone going to come help me eat this? :)

Oh, I have water, but no soft drinks yet. Might pick some up in Belfair on the way through Friday.

I take it no one is up for camping Friday night? I have a spot at the horse camp. It's no charge camping and first come, first serve, however, the camp host is holding a spot for me. If anyone else wants to camp, I need to let her know ASAP!

Awesome looking weather in the Tahuya!!!
Post a reply