Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 9:26 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Thanksgiving Day shoot at the Capitol Forest Pit. 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We are hosting a Japanese foreign exchange student who is supposed to be immersed in American culture. So I'm thinking what would be more American than going to the "Pit" to shoot at turkey targets (http://www.nssf.org/targets/). Although it will depend on the weather. Do some shooting to build up an appetite for the real turkey. By the time he gets done our family he will probably go back to Japan with 2A induced PTSD requiring years of therapy. If I do go I will probably get out there about 9:30-10 am and stay for about an hour or so. :flag: :snipersmilie:

Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:59 pm

I might be up for this! I'll have to hit SSA for some ammo though...

The same Government that considers the Founding Fathers 'Terrorists, is the same Government the Founding Fathers warned us against…

MEMBER; NRA, SAF, GOA, Lewis County Oath Keepers,

Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Weather report not looking good. :(

Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Maybe not sunny, but looking better.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'd like to bring my AR & check some ammo I have been loading for it, first ones ever but,
I still have a beef with the state, I got a letter from them for not having a pass at the last shoot in Aug.even though I am disabled, pisses me off they want me to pay for a pass but they don't offer any access as ordered under ADA laws, they signed onto, you couldn't get a wheel chair in there with the gate down & it always is. I wanted to write the woman back but lost the letter, she wasn't the nicest of people, a damn bureaucrat I'm sure. I am debating having a ticket wrote to me so I can take it to court but I think I will contact the American Association for the disabled to see if they want to get involved, I am sure there are many others if they don't. I can walk now but there was a short period I couldn't & I really hate how the state & fed. Gov. treat the disabled. - Besides the NRA & 2nd amendment organizations the only non-profit I contribute to is the Paralyzed veterans of America. I have for 20+ years. HAVE A GOOD SHOOT AND AMERICANIZE HIM TO THE REAL AMERICAN FREEDOMS.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BE careful, many "guests" of our country are not allowed to use firearms while they stay here. Also, treat him like a 2yr old as his culture and age group has 0% experience with guns. I did this a while back myself, and it was an eye opener for safety and cultural differences. We had a good time though. :)

"A nation grown free in a single day is a child born with the limbs and the vigour of a man, who would take a drawn sword for his rattle, and set the house in a blaze that he might chuckle over the splendour." Sydney Smith (1771-1845)
Spoiler: show
NOW YOU DID IT...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I understand what you are saying. The VA gave me 60% disability when I got out of the Army, which gives me free camping in WA and discounted fishing and hunting licenses. For the stupid Discover pass there is no discount. Also myself, and numerous others volunteer countless hours and dollars for volunteer search and rescue teams, but this does not qualify for the free discovery pass volunteer program.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]