Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:54 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Second Sunday Breakfast 12/10 9am Hawks Prairie 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sounds like a good crowd . . . y'all have fun now, y'hear.

I can't make it today, but I'm having visions of country-fried steak and bacon in my head now, thank you very much. :cussing:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not sure how I missed this thread

Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:08 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

'Twas another glorious meeting of the Brotherhood of WaGu...

Myself
Mini-Massive
olydemon
lamrith
deadshot
PMB
PrincessSKS + Balrog
Lionhrt + 2
O_Kellogg
Golddigger
one more guy who I have met before, but can't remember...

Food was consumed, stories were told. I don't think anybody was taking minutes at this particular gathering, but trust me, it was a good time.

Afterwards, some split to the local gun show, while others began their long trek home. Thanks all who came out, hope to see you guys again next month!

Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:38 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

That sounds like a good crew! There were some serious miles driven to get there, too.

Did everyone behave?

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
'Twas another glorious meeting of the Brotherhood of WaGu...

Myself
Mini-Massive
olydemon
lamrith
deadshot
PMB
PrincessSKS + Balrog
Lionhrt + 2
O_Kellogg
Golddigger
one more guy who I have met before, but can't remember...

Food was consumed, stories were told. I don't think anybody was taking minutes at this particular gathering, but trust me, it was a good time.

Afterwards, some split to the local gun show, while others began their long trek home. Thanks all who came out, hope to see you guys again next month!

Something worthy of note. A bunch of people, a good number carrying guns (openly and concealed) walked into a restaurant, sat around and ate, shot the bull, enjoyed themselves, and nobody got shot. Other customers saw exposed firearms as the group came and went and there was no panic.

Was a very enjoyable morning and it just goes to show, it's not those darn guns that cause problems.

Now if only our Legislators would focus on the real problem, the criminals that for some reason nobody wants to keep locked after they show they don't want to be rehabilitated.

Looking forward to the January breakfast. Will be missing the shootout as it's my birthday and my kids usually expect to see me for cake and ice cream.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
That sounds like a good crew! There were some serious miles driven to get there, too.

Did everyone behave?

Looked like the Balrog may have found a new victim! Maybe Massive will post pics of Burrowing Balrog...

Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:47 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I should have gotten a pic of her new fondness toward mini-massive.. She seemed to be quite giddy about him.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:28 pm
Profile WWW
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Good breakfast company.
Lionhrt was sporting a lovely white beard and brought a table full of friends. He counted out his grandchildren, and like a goof I felt the competitive juices flowing. hah
Lionhrt is a big guy, and when the Balrog felt his beard and gave him a hug it looked like a Squirrel Monkey climbing a mountain. Thanks for the imagery usrifle. :bigsmile:
Chuck had the shortest drive, and I think Lionhrt and his friends had the longest. I believe he outdistanced me by close to an hour!
O_K and I talked poultry , goats, dogs and other farm life. I can barely wait to get finished with the house building project so I can start doing the stuff I enjoy. Thanks for the good example O_K.
Deadshot2 is a convincing salesman for his EV... I am still surprised that that battery is supposed to last 8 years and only lose 10% capacity. Wonderful engineering.
Then the smokers talked some shop... Seeing some of the meat smoking results on these hallowed pages makes my mouth water.
There was a general consensus that Black Friday is a nightmare. I've never seen it in real life, only heard stories, and they were enough to convince me that I'd pay double retail to avoid going on a day when women get in fistfights over half-priced socks.
lamrith wanted me to bring my tumbler vessel for inspection because he had a good idea for the rinsing step... I thought I would be funny so wrapped it up like a newborn baby. It didn't fool him, but scared the crap out of a waiter as I dropped it from about 4 feet. Then on the way out someone opened the door for me since I was carrying a baby. Nice.
Out in the parking lot lamrith gifted some screening for a future project- kind of like a secondary screen to catch 5+ pounds of SS pins.
We split our different ways, and as I was sitting at the 1st stop light I remembered that I had about 20 pounds of 8018 welding rod for Olydemon. No one had pulled in behind me yet, so I threw the beast in reverse and backed about 500 feet into the parking lot just in time to meet Oly on the way out.
At the show we were hoping to chat some more with Lionhrt, but we got one "hello" nod in and that was the last that I saw of him. I hope you found some good stuff brother. :cheers2:
We delivered a pound of bacon to Rencorp, and much to everyone's surprise he didn't share it. hahaha He still has the best table at the show I think.
Marcusp23 had our loot boxes ready and I added some more to the boxes as I stood there. The man gives some good bargains, and shares a ton of knowledge to boot.

We were supposed to drop by the MassiveDesign complex after the gun show, but while we were there my Missus received a call from a drywall contractor who had stood us up yesterday for a bid, and he apologized sincerely and wanted to take his measurements today. So back home instead. I was bummed, MassiveDesign sounded relieved.
We got home in time to warm the place up before the drywall guy arrived, and I held flashlight for him as he took his measurements. It was damned cold by the time we were done.

I woke up this morning feeling like an over-cooked spaghetti noodle, and I think that's how I'll be feeling at bedtime. I am BUSHED.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:44 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Massivedesign wrote:
I should have gotten a pic of her new fondness toward mini-massive.. She seemed to be quite giddy about him.

And Mini-Massive wanted nothing to do with her. She took the rejection well though.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:45 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

PMB wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:

And Mini-Massive wanted nothing to do with her. She took the rejection well though.

Only because I relay the stories of the Balrog from here to him as a bedtime story. I now need to make sure the Balrog isn’t hiding in the closet with a bowl of blackberries in a nightly basis.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:51 pm
Profile WWW
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Rix86 wrote:

Are you coming next time?

Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It was great to finally put some faces to names and very much enjoyed the conversations. I have to say that hug from Balrog really melted my heart and when I got home I called my son and told him all I want for Christmas was a Grand Daughter, I guess I did not raise him right because he started in that Christmas was only a few weeks away and reminded me that both him and his wife can no longer have kids. The ungrateful little puke. It was a bit of a drive I drove 45 minutes to the carpool point then an other 2 1/2 hours to the breakfast give or take a few minutes then after that we went to the gunhow, my butt is still asleep from sitting on it so long. I did find an ok deal on some 223 and I was low so I grabbed 500 rounds, I also met Marcus and Rencorp at the show and was able to get a small part I needed and 2 of the quick change heads for my 550 so it was worth the drive. Thank you to all who made it a nice day. After my butt quits hurting I am going to have to make it to an other breakfast.

It was a Night Op in the library with an AK Pistol by TW...

Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Don't worry, some here will provide butt massage. :045:

Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
Rix86 wrote:

Are you coming next time?

Can't promise anything. Kinda want to try.

Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5