Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:59 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 **2015 JC Steel Target Challenge, at Rock Lake Rifle Range** 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

2015 JC Steel Challenge hosted by Rock Lake Rifle Range
Dates-Friday April 24th-Sunday April 26th.
Location-Rock Lake Rifle Range, St. John, WA

Click here to Register----I will have a link here!

JC Steel Targets Inc. is proud to have its 3nd annual JC Steel Target Challenge. This Precision Rifle Series Match is hosted by Rock Lake Rifle Range, Home of the Northwest Precision Steel Series.

The match will be a pretty uptempo match, lots of shooting, and will be both Physically and Mentally demanding. Premium AR500 targets will be the target of choice. Most stages will have some sort of stress involved. Either timed or varying target sizes. There will be many different barricades and natural terrain to navigate though while shooting the match as well. Come prepared! We strive to have minimal down time.
Shooters can expect ranges of 1 yard to 1400 yards. Many targets will be in the 200-800 range.
This is a field match. Not on a square range doing one legged off-hand crap, Real terrain, realistic shooting, and get ready for a little wind....!!!

Calibers will be 300WM and under.
Round count will be +-220
Muzzle velocity at 3200 FPS or under. We will check randomly!

You can shoot either your bolt rifle, or your semi-auto. Only allowed to carry one rifle during the match. And you will only be able to use the same rifle.

You will be required to carry all your gear with you all day. And there will be some hiking so pack accordingly.

---Pre-Match practice TUNE UP---Friday April 24th--8AM until 10:30AM Cost--FREE, Included in entry free.

This is a great opportunity to shoot on location here at Rock Lake Rifle Range. You will be able to engage targets from 100-1000 yards. You will not shoot any of the course of fire, but will be able to get familiar with the match settings. You will have access to some of our barricades, platforms etc. And you will have lots of targets to shoot at!

SPONSORS

Please contact me about sponsoring the match. We would love to have you on board.

Sponsors really make everything happen, and competitors love a good prize table. Without you sponsors, we really could not do this. Please contact us if you are interested. Much appreciated!!

Date
This will be a two and a half day match. Dates for the match will be April 24th-26th.
And a Mandatory check in April 24th at 11AM PST at Rock Lake Rifle Range.

We will also be having a Night Sponsor Demo Day April 24th starting at O Dark 30.

Cost
$259
Includes Food, refreshments all weekend, shooters bags, and match T shirt.
Food, Included Dinner Friday, Dinner Saturday, And Banquet Lunch on Sunday. On your own for Breakfast all days. Snacks will be provided for lunch on Saturday.

--Registration--
Registration will start on December 10th, 2014 at 6PM PST.

It will be a first come first serve registration. Max shooters will be 80 with 10 reserved for sponsors and special guests. Last year we filled up in 20 minutes, so when its time to register, be ready so your not left out.

It will all be on the jcsteeltargets.com website when the time comes. Go to jcsteeltargets.com and click on the store tab. you cant miss it.

Accommodations-

-You can bring a tent if you would like-BUT it is April and it might be mild weather. So take your chances there. Last year we had many campers.
-Campers and RV's are fine as well. We had lots of these last year from super doper 5th wheels to pop out tent trailers---We do not have hook ups, so it will be dry RVing only. After you get here on the ranch we can provide needed transportation to and from the shooting areas. Range will be open Thursday to come out.

Hotels-

Holiday Inn
111 betz rd
Cheney WA 99004

Willows Spring Motel
5 B street
Cheney WA 99009

SAFETY-
Chamber Flags are required during the match and all range activities. No exceptions. Ear Protection is required at all times. Eye Protection is mandatory.

Airport-

-Spokane International Airport

Also have available a 1000 foot landing strip on site for smaller planes. Contact for more info

Thanks for looking, and we hope to see you here!!!

Jake Vibbert
JC Steel Targets
509-280-1509

Check it out at jcsteeltargets.com

2nd Cor. 5:17
"Therefore is he is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has gone and the new has come."

Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:32 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

registration is actually jan 28th

"Therefore is he is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has gone and the new has come."

Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:26 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

who ever goes have fun. wish I could make it.

I'll be in ID.

Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Subscribed. :popcorn:

*starts building rifle*

Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was an RO last year. It was an amazing match to see. I can't wait to compete this time.

Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

See this for other info ont he range as well:

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=40613

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:56 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hey Guys and Gals,

The 2015 JC Steel Targets Challenge registration date is THIS WEDNESDAY Jan 28th at 6PM PST.

It will happen on the jcsteeltargets.com shopping cart, there you will be able to fill out all needed info, waivers, and shooter info.

We are going to take about 40 less shooters than last year, we do this in an effort to offer the best possible match available. Anywhere at anytime, And we think you guys will like what is planned. Its going to be awesome all the way around.

Match dates-

April 24th, 25th, and 26th. It is a 3 day match consisting of around 225 rounds, a highly supported prize table, and sponsor morning Friday morning of the match.

Free zero and extended range shoot around Friday morning as well. Shoot to zero your rifle and get DOPE out to 1000 yards.

Registration for our 2015 JC Steel Train up, hosted by Scott Satterlee with Precision Tactical Solutions. Scott is a great instructor and talented shooter, he will cover shooting positions, barricades, shooting in the wind, (we will have wind), extended range ballistic Calculator set up, and much more. More on that to come, I will send out an email in a couple weeks for this, It will happen on Thursday before the match. And will be affordable for high level training.

SPONSORS--We have some sponsorship slots available for sponsors supporting the shooters and match. Contact me for details, 509-280-1509, or jakev@jcsteeltargets.com

We have a few more of these guaranteed VIP sponsor slots available, but not many, so lets hammer it out

Match Details-

This is a fun match, its a field match, shooting from natural terrain to distances from 10 yards to 1400 yards.

It will be a fast paced match, with some sort of stress involved. Either time or difficultly of shots. It is a field match, so we ask that you come prepared, it will be mentally and physically demanding.

RO's---We are going to need lots of RO's and Range Staff,

Being one means you will get to join the party, eat all the meals on us, a match T Shirt on us, and a shooters bag! And you will have the opportunity to shoot the course of fire ahead of the match. It will be a fun day!

Thanks to everyone involved, we Appreciate the support and look forward to seeing you on the line!

Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:21 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Those of you lucky guys and gals that were RO's for the 2014 JC Steel Target Challenge,

you get a coupon code, so please email me to get that, its good for a big discount on this years match as a shooter,

BUT, you must still register online, so only have a select number of spots for the match. So email me and be ready to sign up tomorrow at 6pm PST sharp!

Thanks

Jake Vibbert
JC Steel Targets
jakev@jcsteeltargets.com
509-280-1509

Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:24 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]