Switch to full style
Dave Workman is an author, senior editor of Gun Week, communications director for the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, award-winning outdoor writer, former member of the NRA Board of Directors.
Post a reply

WHO SHOOTS GROUSE with a .22 rifle or pistol??

Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:32 pm

WHO Shoots grouse with a rimfire rifle or pistol?

Re: WHO SHOOTS GROUSE with a .22 rifle or pistol??

Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:05 pm

I have, usually carry one when I'm huckleberry picking.

Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:30 pm

Haven't shot one with a .22, but have with a 30.06. Does that count?

Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:41 pm

Arisaka wrote:Haven't shot one with a .22, but have with a 30.06. Does that count?

Only if you hit it in the head, otherwise a 30-06 isn't nearly big enough.

Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:44 pm

We should ask a lawyer to help us become familiar with the 5th Amendment, and pleadings thereof.

Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:51 pm

Completely legal to shoot,grouse with a rifle. Or at least it was back in e day

Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:03 pm

Arisaka wrote:Completely legal to shoot,grouse with a rifle. Or at least it was back in e day

You are right...
Forest Grouse
Forest grouse may not be killed with any rifle or handgun 24 caliber or larger, or shotgun containing slugs or buckshot, during modern firearm deer or elk seasons unless appropriate deer or elk tags are in the hunter's possession.
Forest grouse may be taken with shotguns as well as firearms smaller than 24 caliber during the entire grouse hunting season.

Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:22 pm

PMB wrote:
Arisaka wrote:Completely legal to shoot,grouse with a rifle. Or at least it was back in e day

You are right...
Forest Grouse
Forest grouse may not be killed with any rifle or handgun 24 caliber or larger, or shotgun containing slugs or buckshot, during modern firearm deer or elk seasons unless appropriate deer or elk tags are in the hunter's possession.
Forest grouse may be taken with shotguns as well as firearms smaller than 24 caliber during the entire grouse hunting season.

You didn't know this?
Time honored tradition in the Pacific Northwest. :thumbsup2:

Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:18 pm

Dave Workman wrote:
PMB wrote:

You are right...
Forest Grouse

You didn't know this?
Time honored tradition in the Pacific Northwest. :thumbsup2:

I've done it plenty... I just thought I was a scofflaw all these years.

Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:05 am

I always carry a .22 pistol when big game hunting for grouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post a reply