Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:48 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 WASH SUPREMES SIDE WITH SEATTLE GUN TAX! 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:frust: :blackcloud1: :frust: :blackcloud1: :angryfire:

WA Supremes Side With Seattle on ‘Gun Violence Tax’

The Washington State Supreme Court on Thursday upheld the authority of the City of Seattle to impose a so-called “gun violence tax” on the sale of firearms and ammunition within city limits.

http://libertyparkpress.com/wa-supremes ... lence-tax/

Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:38 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

An absolutely clear example of how an agenda influences the understanding of simple phrases.

Disgusting and disheartening.

Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I wonder when California will try and tax gun and ammo sales to the extreme. $200 per firearm or more. $1 a round for ammunition.

Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We need to get our court fixed. If Chan were heard again today it'd probably have been a different outcome.

Even that opportunist Pete Holmes admitted to the Times on the income tax article that this is 'an opportunity for the court to reverse 'bad' past precedents.'

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
We need to get our court fixed. If Chan were heard again today it'd probably have been a different outcome.

Even that opportunist Pete Holmes admitted to the Times on the income tax article that this is 'an opportunity for the court to reverse 'bad' past precedents.'

Well, YEAH!

But this problem goes beyond just saying "we need to" do something.

Do something. Start by meeting with like-minded people, make sure you trade phone numbers, e-mail addresses or MEET HERE at Waguns. This is a pretty good place to find like-minded people on this issue.

Find out who is running for re-election in 2018 on the state supreme court, in the legislature, county or local offices and work on finding someone to replace them if they do no represent your views. And remember this, nobody is going to agree with you 100 percent. Don't sacrifice the good in search of the perfect. You'll lose very time.

LEARN about people running for office. Attend their gatherings and ask pointed questions.

LEARN not to ramble when you speak. LEARN to spell names and words correctly in correspondence (there, their, they're) etc.

Get it out of your mind that your vote doesn't count. That's a lazy excuse. Your vote counts. Your friends votes count. Enough of you voting together is going to count a hell of a lot.

Hold a ballot gathering to make sure everybody votes. No excuses.

You have one election to take back your state, if you think it's gotten that bad. Don't expect some other guy, some organization to do your work. This is up to you.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Learning about the candidates is the most difficult part of that process. Suggestions for resources, Dave? Many times, the voters' guide issued by the Lt. Gov's office (they don't do a spectacular job) is the only exposure many have to the views of the candidates and often those statements are milquetoast.

And finding an alternate candidate? I rarely rub elbows with other than carpenters and tradespeople. What suggestions have you there?

Not meaning to throw a damp towel on your fire, but only seeking to bolster my own (and others) ability to act.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:40 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In the meantime the 45th is about to go D and no one seemingly gives a fig. If it does, we will be cooked.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablito for State Congress 2017. He's for the Children!*

*snowflake friendly

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

FJB

Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
And finding an alternate candidate? I rarely rub elbows with other than carpenters and tradespeople. What suggestions have you there?

Where does it say that only lawyers, teachers, and real estate agents can be legislators. We need more carpenters and other tradesmen in our legislature.

If you can organize to form a Union (as most trades have done) why not do likewise to get behind a candidate from your own ranks.

None of our Legislators represent the "People" anymore. Only the interests of those who provide money for their campaigns. We've allowed others to take over the responsibility of representing US and as a result been screwed. Take a look at all the other activists that have been elected to public office and ask yourself why WE can't get a candidate from our own ranks elected?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:49 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

deadshot2 wrote:
jukk0u wrote:

Where does it say that only lawyers, teachers, and real estate agents can be legislators. We need more carpenters and other tradesmen in our legislature.

I've been under the impression that this was the Founding Fathers' intentions. Farmers were mentioned back in the day, if memory serves.

deadshot2 wrote:
Take a look at all the other activists that have been elected to public office and ask yourself why WE can't get a candidate from our own ranks elected?

I think that many common "salt of the earth" people have been elected to offices all around this country. The bureaucracy has grown such that even good men and women are drowned in it, and additionally the human weakness often leads to a distortion of their initially good intentions.
Term limits and better education, and more BoR lobbyists, less corporate lobbyists. Not sure how to do all that without somehow intruding on someone's free speech... Special interests have rights too, but they seem to speak much louder than the common man.

Active 2A proponents face a couple of double-whammies, but I agree that it should be our goal to make sure that we get better representation. I've been trying to wrestle solutions for years.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
Learning about the candidates is the most difficult part of that process. Suggestions for resources, Dave? Many times, the voters' guide issued by the Lt. Gov's office (they don't do a spectacular job) is the only exposure many have to the views of the candidates and often those statements are milquetoast.

Not meaning to throw a damp towel on your fire, but only seeking to bolster my own (and others) ability to act.

Candidates will hold meetings, coffees, they will go around speaking to community groups, etc. Be there or be square.
Contact their campaigns, set up meetings, set up gatherings.
Find out who supports them, and why. Maybe I think this stuff is easy because I do this sort of thing. But anybody can become an "activist.'

:thumbsup2:

Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I guess I have my head in the sand, because the first I ever hear of a Sup. Crt Justice's campaign is usually when the election booklet arrives in the mail. Where do you see them actively campaigning?

FJB

Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
I guess I have my head in the sand, because the first I ever hear of a Sup. Crt Justice's campaign is usually when the election booklet arrives in the mail. Where do you see them actively campaigning?

The problem we've had with the supreme court in this state for so long is that most of them run unopposed.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:36 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For example (my personal example who I know):
Goodspaceguy is a local person who has been trying to make changes for the better for decades. He has time to spend at local city and county council meetings and pushes his main agenda item: no minimum wage and less taxes. He does not take corporate money and limits individual contributions to $25. He does not engage in smear politics but has always tried to put forward the libertarian view. I said he needs to emphasize his pro 2A stance at gun shows and other events, and he just needs time (and I should have assisted him more).

However, it has taken Goodspaceguy time to go to all of these events, plus money (1% of yearly salary of office for a filing fee each election).

And you miss the obvious reason why normal people don't run for office; unless you are hugely popular, will run the gauntlet of people opposing you from the left and your 'friends'.

My takeaway: go to your local city or county council meeting since this is where much of the bad things are going on

Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]