Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 GOP voters have Dems outgunned 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Republican Voters Have Democrats Outgunned Says New Study
:popcorn:
A newly-released report from the 2016 American National Election Studies (ANES) makes it official: More gun owners came through for Donald Trump in November than during the previous two presidential elections.

http://libertyparkpress.com/republican- ... new-study/

Thu May 11, 2017 9:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A quote from the article: "In 1976, 50 percent of Republicans, 48 percent of independents, and 45 percent of Democrats owned a gun. That changed in the 1980s and 1990s. By 2000, 30 percent of independents and only 27 percent of Democrats reported having a gun in the home. That drop continued among Democrats; by 2016, only 23 percent owned guns…"

The Kool-Aid is strong over there................

From a blog: Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.

Benjamin Franklin: It is the (civic) responsibility of every citizen to question authority.

Thu May 11, 2017 9:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We need to bring them back. Only a united base against infringements on civil rights can reliably safe guard our civil rights. In America, civil rights, especially those specifically protected in the constitution, should not be a partisan issue.

I took two literal protestors last weekend for their first time with a gun at the range last weekend.

The girl with a super wide grin after using the 10/20 to pop clays on the berm at 50 yds. "That felt so organic!"

There is a lot of winning that can be done if we make them feel welcome into the shooting sports.

Thu May 11, 2017 9:20 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

PinSniper wrote:
We need to bring them back. Only a united base against infringements on civil rights can reliably safe guard our civil rights. In America, civil rights, especially those specifically protected in the constitution, should not be a partisan issue.

I took two literal protestors last weekend for their first time with a gun at the range last weekend.

The girl with a super wide grin after using the 10/20 to pop clays on the berm at 50 yds. "That felt so organic!"

There is a lot of winning that can be done if we make them feel welcome into the shooting sports.

Thu May 11, 2017 9:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PinSniper wrote:

Good for you introducing them to the range but
Quote:
"That felt so organic!"
... really?
Orgasmic I can relate to but 'organic'? icon_eek

Thu May 11, 2017 9:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This thread (as been so astutely noted) is going in a winning direction.
:thumbsup2:

From a blog: Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.

Benjamin Franklin: It is the (civic) responsibility of every citizen to question authority.

Thu May 11, 2017 12:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PinSniper wrote:

How do we do this when there's a pervasive tendency to call non-gun owners and folks who don't vote Republican various insulting names (libtard, sheeple, communist, etc)?

We need to work with these people - no alienate them.

Thu May 11, 2017 12:30 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I've taken a lot of liberals shooting and for the most part they all liked it.
But the right to keep and bear arms isn't even 1 of their top 20 issues or causes.
Open borders, $15 min wage, free college, end the war on women, LGBTQ special rights, ending imagined racism, and impeaching Trump top their list. If they thought logically, they wouldn't be liberals.

A lot of liberals own, carry, and shoot guns.
Not like they are ever going to have a sudden road to Damascus moment and start voting Republican or pro 2A candidates.

Thu May 11, 2017 12:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:plusone:
Benja455 wrote:
PinSniper wrote:

How do we do this when there's a pervasive tendency to call non-gun owners and folks who don't vote Republican various insulting names (libtard, sheeple, communist, etc)?

:plusone:

Divided we fall.

Thu May 11, 2017 1:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Benja455 wrote:
PinSniper wrote:

OK. Yes stop the names. BOTH sides. You probably don't notice both sides do it. In fact, it's pretty easy to see the hate and name calling for gun owners from the left. And you certainly never mention the total, nearly overwhelming leftist antigun bent in the media. Why not? But yes, we can be civil, and we don't have to drop our solid conservative viewpoints as KJMF49 expected. It's not a trade or compromise. It's just a belief in the Constitution. ALL of it. The goal being the left stop the attacks on the 2nd Amendment - something everyone should get behind.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu May 11, 2017 5:47 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Pablo wrote:
The goal being the left stop the attacks on the 2nd Amendment - something everyone should get behind.

It seems to me that the only way that this happens is to win them over to pro-2A. Attacks and insults -always- make that harder.
Am I thinking wrong?
I don't care as much what they call us... I care more about what we call them for that simple reason. I am not trying to win the deep haters to our side- the ones calling names are not on my radar.

The MSM on the other hand- I don't really know how to get them to be more honest, more fair, more facts-oriented and less biased.
I'm pretty confident that talking down to or insulting all D's or "liberals" just acts a wedge to shove potential allies away though.

Thu May 11, 2017 8:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]