Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:31 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Gabby Giffords and more... 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Giffords Again Gabbing About Guns, Announces ‘New Coalition’

Former Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle “Gabby” Giffords, who survived a 2011 assassination attempt in Tucson and left Congress to form, with her husband, a gun control group is in Phoenix Thursday to announce “a new bi-partisan coalition” to push for additional gun restrictions.

http://libertyparkpress.com/giffords-ag ... coalition/

Ex-U.S. Attorney Blames Social Media for Chicago Violence

When Zachary Fardon resigned as U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Illinois, he apparently did not do it as “abruptly” as reported by the Chicago Tribune, because he took time to write a five-page analysis of the city’s violence problem and he blames social media for driving it.

http://conservativefiringline.com/ex-u- ... -violence/

Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:11 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Ms Giffords case bugs me... On the one hand, I am sympathetic to her- she got shot in the head by a whacko. That's a shitty thing to have happen to you.

I can't shake the feeling that a simple explanation of the origins and uselessness of gun control would cause people like her to all of a sudden understand their mistake, and decide to correct it.

I understand people who favor gun control when it is because they haven't been exposed to all the truth and facts - but I can't understand the ones who have had time and opportunity to really learn those facts.

Quote:
The virus of gun play moves through social media,” Fardon stated. “We can stop or stem that. Don’t send in the National Guard, send in the tech geeks. If a gang member makes CPD’s Strategic Subject List, find a way to curb or real-time monitor that gang member’s social media accounts. If kids have convictions or overt gang affiliations, find a way to curb their social media. I recognize that First Amendment issues come into play, but let’s test those limits. Lives are at stake.

Hmm. Not my first direction, but I see where he is going with it. Stifling 1A is probably not any kind of long term solution.

Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:25 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Umm, because none of them actually believe banning guns will have any effect on reducing violence?
It's her new job now.

PMB wrote:
Ms Giffords case bugs me... On the one hand, I am sympathetic to her- she got shot in the head by a whacko. That's a shitty thing to have happen to you.

I can't shake the feeling that a simple explanation of the origins and uselessness of gun control would cause people like her to all of a sudden understand their mistake, and decide to correct it.

I understand people who favor gun control when it is because they haven't been exposed to all the truth and facts - but I can't understand the ones who have had time and opportunity to really learn those facts.

Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:11 pm

I remember her BIL was up in he ISS when the shooting occurred. He was the first person to blame the Tea Party. The entire family are worthless shits that should be ignored.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]