Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:30 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 A gun, some grass...a train wreck is comin' 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pot, A Handgun and Two Teens: What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

A Seattle-area teen will be arraigned on a charge of first-degree manslaughter March 27 at King County’s Regional Justice Center in the fatal shooting of a childhood friend while the two were allegedly playing Russian roulette, according to documents obtained by Liberty Park Press.

http://libertyparkpress.com/pot-a-handg ... -go-wrong/

Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So many wrong's here...

Age, guns laying around (minors) and of course weed. Playing stupid games... Plus letting him bleed out while you "cover up" your mess.

How about just plain Stupid Common Sense... So many fails. Yes, I say he deserves the charge. It was clearly reckless and, etc, etc

Alcohol, weed or other drugs... mixed with Stupid... Is exponentially a bad thing.

Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is the reason they keep putting up more restrictive gun laws.

Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The old queen should be charged as well!

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:04 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Weed and Russian Roulette had nothing to do with it.
Some asshole gut shot another guy and is making up excuses and covering it up.

I've known people who were stoned all the time.
They get lost a lot, forget what they were doing, lazy and dazed, etc.
But never heard of them shooting anyone.

Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mike in Wa wrote:
This is the reason they type of excuse they use to keep putting up more restrictive gun laws.

Fixed that for you. :thumbsup2:

Spoiler: show
"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Darwin was right.

There may be no way to outlaw stupid but there is a way for it to cure itself. This is one example.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sad story for the victim and both families. With the statistics showing most handgun wounds are not fatal, sucks to die from being gutshot from a .38 these days. Curious what the delay was from the time of shooting until arrival of trained medical personnel / paramedics.

Poor gun storage practices by the parents, negligent firearm handling with reckless disregard of human life, compounding the wrong of shooting someone by being more concerned with what it will look like to the police, lying to the police. So many things done wrong.

Glad they're trying him as an adult with manslaughter. People go to the pen for wrongs a lot less intentional and egregious than this.

Guns and drugs don't mix simply because pot and alcohol obscure and cloud one's judgement. Lots of folks smoke pot and drink alcohol. Guns should be put away at those times.

Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

GeekWithGuns wrote:
Sad story for the victim and both families. With the statistics showing most handgun wounds are not fatal, sucks to die from being gutshot from a .38 these days. Curious what the delay was from the time of shooting until arrival of trained medical personnel / paramedics.

Poor gun storage practices by the parents, negligent firearm handling with reckless disregard of human life, compounding the wrong of shooting someone by being more concerned with what it will look like to the police, lying to the police. So many things done wrong.

Glad they're trying him as an adult with manslaughter. People go to the pen for wrongs a lot less intentional and egregious than this.

Guns and drugs don't mix simply because pot and alcohol obscure and cloud one's judgement. Lots of folks smoke pot and drink alcohol. Guns should be put away at those times.

No parents were involved. Nor was gun storage a factor.

Old queen, young guys. Young ones take advantage of the old one. The old one does things like give them guns, to keep them hanging around.

The old queen should be charged as well.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
GeekWithGuns wrote:

No parents were involved. Nor was gun storage a factor.

Old queen, young guys. Young ones take advantage of the old one. The old one does things like give them guns, to keep them hanging around.

The old queen should be charged as well.

Thanks Jeff for the correction. I actually had to go back and read the article a second time. Missed the part where the homeowner provided the firearms to the miscreant to defend the residence. I made some unwarranted assumptions on the first read.

Sounds like a case of providing guns to someone not in a position to use them responsibly.

Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This wasn't Russian roulette.

"When the six-shot revolver was examined, there were five live rounds in the cylinder and one spent cartridge casing."

ETA: oops I guess I should have finished reading the article before posting this. Apparently he put the rounds back in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

edogg wrote:
This wasn't Russian roulette.

"When the six-shot revolver was examined, there were five live rounds in the cylinder and one spent cartridge casing."

ETA: oops I guess I should have finished reading the article before posting this. Apparently he put the rounds back in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may have done the same thing

Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guntrader wrote:
But never heard of them shooting anyone.

Well, then, this is a first for you.

Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]