Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:07 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 The threat to 2A 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alarm Spreading Over Clinton Threat to Bill of Rights

As the Nov. 8 election looms, alarms are finally being raised outside of the firearms community about a Hillary Clinton presidency and its potentially destructive impact on the Bill of Rights, with pieces in the Wall Street Journal and National Review that merit reading and sharing.

http://libertyparkpress.com/alarm-sprea ... of-rights/

Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:27 am

I just heard an advertisement on KVI for gun safes spewed forth by that epic douchebag Kirby Wilbur.
He was basically telling me to lock up my guns in a safe because--children. Eff him.

People like Wilbur are a threat to the 2A as much as the the Hosebeast.

Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Lets get that panic buying started Dave.

Divided we fall.

Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:08 pm

OhShoot! wrote:

That will never happen under her. Lol!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Too say nothing about her assualt on the 1st 4th and 11th as well if she gets the chance.

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:32 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for fanning the flames Dave.

How can Hillary do what Obama (who was hailed as the great satan coming to destroy the 2A) hasn't been able to do in 8 years?
The truth is the president's power is very limited.

While the republicans control the senate, there isn't much risk to the 2a.

Foreign policy, budget, etc are bigger issues to think about.

Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ANZAC wrote:
Thanks for fanning the flames Dave.

How can Hillary do what Obama (who was hailed as the great satan coming to destroy the 2A) hasn't been able to do in 8 years?
The truth is the president's power is very limited.

While the republicans control the senate, there isn't much risk to the 2a.

Foreign policy, budget, etc are bigger issues to think about.

You forget, a constant level of fear has been part of gun owner culture since at least the late sixties and possibly earlier if we allow for the Cold War and the growth of the mythology of the stalwart rifleman standing between the general public and tyranny. At this point we've gone from invasion fears, to the regular claims of potential Nazi like confiscation and hints of implied mass murder , to attributing extra legal power to the office of POTUS. Having already invoked the worst crimes of modern history, the bar must be constantly elevated in order to maintain the control of fear.

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:14 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

kf7mjf wrote:
You forget, a constant level of fear has been part of gun owner culture since at least the late sixties and possibly earlier if we allow for the Cold War and the growth of the mythology of the stalwart rifleman standing between the general public and tyranny. At this point we've gone from invasion fears, to the regular claims of potential Nazi like confiscation and hints of implied mass murder , to attributing extra legal power to the office of POTUS. Having already invoked the worst crimes of modern history, the bar must be constantly elevated in order to maintain the control of fear.

If I wasn't LIVING the nightmare, seeing our rights under attack every day in the news and on the web, and seeing an anti-gun initiative in my November ballots, I would join you in the festive belittling of fellow gun owners and those who protect our rights.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There is a difference between the advertised nightmare and reality. Certainly rights are under attack, but the hyperbole does little for our credibility. Whipping up the masses with fear is fine, but it only keeps the choir singing same tune. Further, demanding silence when it criticizes the current truth is eerily similar to the nightmare that has been marketed to gun owners for generations.

Thisiisn't protecting our rights, it is just whipping up the masses, which reveals just how empty and shallow some of them are. Quite frankly, if the only rebuttal to a dissenting opinion is that mere dissent is wrong, then the view being argued against is likely indefensible.

If you'd like to critique any point I raised, that would be great. Otherwise, we are still left with a culture of fear mongering.

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

kf7mjf wrote:
There is a difference between the advertised nightmare and reality. Certainly rights are under attack, but the hyperbole does little for our credibility. Whipping up the masses with fear is fine, but it only keeps the choir singing same tune. Further, demanding silence when it criticizes the current truth is eerily similar to the nightmare that has been marketed to gun owners for generations.

Thisiisn't protecting our rights, it is just whipping up the masses, which reveals just how empty and shallow some of them are. Quite frankly, if the only rebuttal to a dissenting opinion is that mere dissent is wrong, then the view being argued against is likely indefensible.

If you'd like to critique any point I raised, that would be great. Otherwise, we are still left with a culture of fear mongering.

I guess what you said didn't work against 594.

From a blog: Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.

Benjamin Franklin: It is the (civic) responsibility of every citizen to question authority.

Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
kf7mjf wrote:

If I wasn't LIVING the nightmare, seeing our rights under attack every day in the news and on the web, and seeing an anti-gun initiative in my November ballots, I would join you in the festive belittling of fellow gun owners and those who protect our rights.

How has the current president impacted 2nd amendment rights?

I would submit that if Obama has failed to do ANYTHING in 8 years (beyond signing the concealed carry in national park bill) despite all of his protestations about gun violence and the need to change the laws, that Hillary will not be able to.

Dave's article was specifically about the office of the president and Hillary. Not the media, the public, our state, other legislators.

What actual impact can a president make without the support/actions of congress?

Checks. Balances.

Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OhShoot! wrote:

Lets keep pretending like nothing bad for the 2A is on the horizon if Hillary is elected.

Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm sure there is, but preferring a different means of advancing that message is not the same as denying it.

Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:22 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

It's crazy talk to say that our Natural Rights are not being threatened by the election of a criminal who has clearly stated on many occasions that which she intends to do.

I don't have to like the message or the messenger to acknowledge a simple truth. HRC has the ability to do real lasting damage to this country and the 2A by the limited authority granted to the office of POTUS.

Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
It's crazy talk to say that our Natural Rights are not being threatened by the election of a criminal who has clearly stated on many occasions that which she intends to do.

I don't have to like the message or the messenger to acknowledge a simple truth. HRC has the ability to do real lasting damage to this country and the 2A by the limited authority granted to the office of POTUS.

Or a guy who has said he was in favor of banning assault weapons?
He's changed his mind of course (RINO?), but he'd say anything to get elected. (as would most of them)

Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next