Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:19 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Gun control hearings packed 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Washington State Gun Control Battle Warming Up

With nearly 1,000 people on both sides of the gun rights issue listening, Second Amendment advocates, including some retired law enforcement professionals, told a Washington State Senate panel that proposed gun control measures in that state will do nothing to prevent crimes, but only penalize law-abiding citizens.

http://libertyparkpress.com/washington- ... e-warming/

Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

But were the wacko liberal listening??? I doubt it because it doesn't fit the message they are sending to Americans :frust:

Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:19 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Keely did an amazing job repesenting the 2A!! Big shout out to her.

Honerable mentions to Alan, Joe and Phil too. Thank ALL of you for stepping up and bringing facts to the emotional debate.

To the guy from GOAL, thanks for basically throwing bump fires under the bus in your poorly prepared speech giving up concessions that would further jeopardize the fragile footing we have on the 2A in this state.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:33 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Keely did an amazing job repesenting the 2A!! Big shout out to her.

Honerable mentions to Alan, Joe and Phil too. Thank ALL of you for stepping up and bringing facts to the emotional debate.

To the guy from GOAL, thanks for basically throwing bump fires under the bus in your poorly prepared speech giving up concessions that would further jeopardize the fragile footing we have on the 2A in this state.

What did the guy from GOAL say? And to confirm - GOAL is who exactly?

Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

http://wagoal.org/wordpress/

Under 'About Us' it says they are "fairly pro gun". WTF is that?

Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You can watch the hearings: https://www.tvw.org/watch/?eventID=2018011154

Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Huh. Looks like GOAL - and their website - is stuck in 1996.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hey Dave, heard you on KVI this morning. You gave good answers on the bump stock issue and the other bills too.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I watched the entire hearing on the live stream. With very few exceptions, the testimony from the "pro" panelists was predictably filled with emotional appeals and devoid of facts or logic, whereas the testimony from the "con" side was very fact-based and focused on exposing the pitfalls of the proposed legislation. It was a perfect reflection of today's gun rights debate - one side hoping for people to feel their way to conclusions, and the other side hoping for people to think their way to conclusions. You know we have reached a sad, low point in the dialogue when the side using childish, ridiculous, incoherent "arguments" has a slight edge.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WA anti-gunners hint at initiative if gun control bills fail

Evergreen State gun prohibitionists hinted Monday that if they fail to move their gun control agenda through the legislature this year, they may consider another initiative.

https://conservativefiringline.com/wa-a ... ills-fail/

Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
I watched the entire hearing on the live stream. With very few exceptions, the testimony from the "pro" panelists was predictably filled with emotional appeals and devoid of facts or logic, whereas the testimony from the "con" side was very fact-based and focused on exposing the pitfalls of the proposed legislation. It was a perfect reflection of today's gun rights debate - one side hoping for people to feel their way to conclusions, and the other side hoping for people to think their way to conclusions. You know we have reached a sad, low point in the dialogue when the side using childish, ridiculous, incoherent "arguments" has a slight edge.

I like to think of myself of an open minded thinker, and have emotional intelligence. There's a time when emotions are actually more important than logic. For instance, relationships. You don't "logic" your way through dating, friendships, etc.

Having said that, emotional arguments for gun control simply fail. They are factually wrong. Gun control not only fails to REDUCE violence, but in overwhelming cases it INCREASES violence in the aggregate both short and long term. So their emotional appeals are actually counter productive and DANGEROUSLY wrong.

That's the reason MORE gun control is always needed to achieve the "results" of less violence. It's a slippery slope because banning "A" never reduces the violence, so they ban "B" and when that fails, they ban "C." Just look at England, Australia, Canada... 1st world nations that incrementally and ultimately banned nearly every type of gun, and are now down to banning pellet guns, kitchen knives, and pointy sticks... More bans simply disarm citizens and leave them defenseless.

Governments also only really work when there is a balance of power between the people and the government. Remove that balance and governments get very corrupted. In the worst examples in history, total gun bans have led to a lopsided powerful governments. A few examples of outright gun control in history show us horrific results.

The figures are historical estimates since few records of how millions of people died were kept. They are staggering figures. These examples occurred less than a century ago, meaning there are still people alive that lived through this history:

* 1920s - 1930s: Stalin - author of the "Great Famine," implemented a 5 year plan to eradicate undesireables and take total government control of private property. Private property such as land and farms was stolen by the state and private gun ownership was banned. The cost was about 7,000,000 civilian lives. Stalin's brutality was so bad toward his own citizens that some actually welcomed the German invasion and helped the Germans!

*1930s - 1940s: Nazis murdered tens of millions and led to WWII through, in part, total control of citizens and bans on private firearm ownership. It's unclear (and largely unimportant) exactly what type and when guns were banned, perhaps before the Nazis, perhaps under Nazi rule as guns were incrementally banned. But the fact remained that the people were disarmed and easy to control. It's estimated up to 17,000,000 civilians were murdered by Nazis in various oppressive settings (ghettos, starved, slave labor, work camps, concentration camps, collateral effects of war, etc.).

* 1950s-1970s: Mao took dictatorship rule over China and total control over production and banned firearms. Slavery, oppression, famine, work camps, assassinations, and genocide starved, brutalized, and murdered some estimated 45,000,000 humans.

There are other examples in history with staggering numbers of deaths. But there is also the undocumented ruined lives, oppression, pain, suffering, etc. of every citizen under such a dictatorship. No freedom, no joy, daily fear that effected hundreds of millions of people.

Tell anti-gunners to think about these numbers and ask them if they trust the government to have total control. I bet most liberals would say they do not trust the police, state, military, or federal government.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
. . .emotional arguments for gun control legislation simply fail.

FIFY

It's not just gun control. I can't think of a single legislative issue wherein emotional arguments are more important than logic.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Emotional appeal is all they have.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The liberals are crying that our government is being controlled by a racist megalomaniac, who we can't trust to take care of us and protect us. But then, they want us to give up our "tactical" rifles to that very government. REALLY?! "The government is evil because they're taking away our social programs, our healthcare, our better wages, increasing our taxes, the cops are killing black people for no good reason, corporations are running our government and we have become slaves to them... But, let's give them our tactical weapons so that they can keep us safe by making sure that they are the only ones with those kinds of weapons..."

Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

beckdw wrote:
The liberals are crying that our government is being controlled by a racist megalomaniac, who we can't trust to take care of us and protect us. But then, they want us to give up our "tactical" rifles to that very government. REALLY?! "The government is evil because they're taking away our social programs, our healthcare, our better wages, increasing our taxes, the cops are killing black people for no good reason, corporations are running our government and we have become slaves to them... But, let's give them our tactical weapons so that they can keep us safe by making sure that they are the only ones with those kinds of weapons..."

Just another example of their complete illogic.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]