Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:22 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Pasco shooting video: What's it tell us? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
munchie wrote:

If the job is to dangerous or scary for you, perhaps you need to go flip burgers someplace

At the same time, society has changed quite a bit. When I was a kid, I was raised to respect... Not just LEO, but elders, adults, women, other kids, the planet. I would go help a lady in a parking lot with her groceries, it was expected of me to hold doors open and to answer the phone with "XXX Residence".

I think A LOT of us were raised that way, but somehow we, as society have lost our way. Our kids now have no clue about what it is to be a good neighbor, a Samaritan, to have service above self, to have self worth. A lot of kids (and now adults) are victims of self-entitlement, buried in video games and TV while the parents are too busy doing other things that to actually raise their children.

Kids don't respect anymore, and this puts all of us on the defensive, more so the people who go out and confront this new society as their profession.

This.^^^

Certified NRA instructor, RSO, Affiliate instructor for USCCA

Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:18 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I agree there is a lack of respect nowadays. There has been a definate shift in society. However as I've stated elsewhere protests and riots would be massacres if the presented logic were followed

Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There is a big difference between property damage and assault. Riots generally create lots of property damage. Step over that line to assault, where grievous bodily harm can be incurred and you step into the realm where deadly force may used to stop the assault.

Equating a riot to massacres doesn't fit in my book.

Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Seen too many recent protests/riots/celebrations/demonstrations that involved the police and something being thrown

In most situations I'm not down with destroying another's property and those that do deserve a good ass kickin

My point is that if its justified to kill rock throwers then think of all the times and places crowds gather and the throwing of objects commences. Cops would then be justified in mowing down the crowd thus massacre

So for me rock throwing does not merit a response of shooting in most situations that most of us would encounter

Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

toys in the toybox wrote:
Seen too many recent protests/riots/celebrations/demonstrations that involved the police and something being thrown

In most situations I'm not down with destroying another's property and those that do deserve a good ass kickin

My point is that if its justified to kill rock throwers then think of all the times and places crowds gather and the throwing of objects commences. Cops would then be justified in mowing down the crowd thus massacre

So for me rock throwing does not merit a response of shooting in most situations that most of us would encounter

https://www.google.com/search?q=stoned+ ... d=0CB0QsAQ
Just sayin'....O.o

Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:47 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not sure that quite equates to what we see here in the states or the subject at hand but yes rocks can effect death, so can hands. So we shoot people for having hands????

Point was /is that we see the use of sticks, rocks, bottles, garbage during protests etc yet shootings dont seem to be a justifiable response probably 99.999 percent of the time for those scenarios yet this is a good shoot?? I think there was a million other options here.

Sounds as though a taser was deployed but ineffective, maybe pummel him with bean bags and or rubber balls for a second or two and see where hes at then, i have yet to see some of this stuff ignored, might even drop his ammo/rocks

LEO's tackle people all the time how would a surround and drowned in this scenario not have worked??

I just dont think death was the best compliance option here even if he had a rock six shooter cocked and locked

Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not sure that quite equates to what we see here in the states or the subject at hand but yes rocks can effect death, so can hands. So we shoot people for having hands????

Point was /is that we see the use of sticks, rocks, bottles, garbage during protests etc yet shootings dont seem to be a justifiable response probably 99.999 percent of the time for those scenarios yet this is a good shoot?? I think there was a million other options here.

Sounds as though a taser was deployed but ineffective, maybe pummel him with bean bags and or rubber balls for a second or two and see where hes at then, i have yet to see some of this stuff ignored, might even drop his ammo/rocks

LEO's tackle people all the time how would a surround and drowned in this scenario not have worked??

I just dont think death was the best compliance option here even if he had a rock six shooter cocked and locked

I dunno...I guess if one plays stupid games long enough, one is bound to win stupid prizes eventually...there's always that reasonably intelligent option of, well...*GASP* making better choices in life!
I have no sympathy for fools.

Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:54 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't think anyone is proposing that the rock thrower was in the right. Simply that he shouldn't have been executed. The false dichotomy that you create that either one must make better choices or die by the hands of the police goes against our constitution. When did the right to a trial by your peers get changed to trial and punishment being metered out in the street by the police who are the judge, jury and executioner?

I have no sympathy for those who would treat our constitution like a piece of junk mail.

Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A rock. is. a deadly. weapon. So are hands, for that matter. O.o Study 'disparity of force' concepts.

If someone is behaving in a threatening manner, holds in his hands something that could inflict great bodily harm, and is jacked up on adrenaline, LEO has the right to protect themselves, just as you or I would.
You don't just stop a train going full speed ahead, nor can you reason with crazy. :)

Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:41 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Throw all the crap you want... But if you purposely throw something at a cop out square up to a cop to fight them, expect to win stupid prizes.

True there is a huge difference between property damage and assault. But it's not that far of a reach to end up assaulting someone and getting new ventilation holes.

You throw a riot out there as if the reason someone is being shot during a riot is because of the property damage and and not because it's a dynamic violent situation where there are multiple crimes happening, including assault.

Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:01 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2