Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:10 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 .300 Win Mag by SPR Industries 

This is the 300 Win Mag that Tom built for me, and it shoots like a dream. The fit and finish is great, action is smooth, and it feeds great. I was able to get out and shoot it for the first time yesterday, and I was impressed with how well it shoots and how manageable the recoil is after the rebuild and addition of the Surefire Brake. Here is a pic of a 5 round group after I got it dialed at 100.(The 1 shot way high is not part of the 5 shot group, it is from another target.)

The 1 flyer is probably due to me or the cheap remington core lokt ammo I had available to shoot, handloads are in progress and I'm sure groups will continue to shrink. I can't say how impressed I am with the build. If anyone is looking for a gunsmith to start a build with, Tom should be at the top of the list.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jamzshelton wrote:
This is the 300 Win Mag that Tom built for me, and it shoots like a dream. The fit and finish is great, action is smooth, and it feeds great. I was able to get out and shoot it for the first time yesterday, and I was impressed with how well it shoots and how manageable the recoil is after the rebuild and addition of the Surefire Brake. Here is a pic of a 5 round group after I got it dialed at 100.(The 1 shot way high is not part of the 5 shot group, it is from another target.)

The 1 flyer is probably due to me or the cheap remington core lokt ammo I had available to shoot, handloads are in progress and I'm sure groups will continue to shrink. I can't say how impressed I am with the build. If anyone is looking for a gunsmith to start a build with, Tom should be at the top of the list.

Dam I thought that was my rifle....LOL Great looking rifle and thanks for sharing your experience I def. want at some point tom to do some work for me!

Buying, Selling, Lease w/option to buy, Raw Land

Jason Aubry 206-327-0075
jaubry321@gmail.com

Debi Braulik
roundrealestate@gmail.com

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:07 pm
Founding Father
Founding Father

Great looking rifle and a great plug for Tom. He really does do amazing work.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]