Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:39 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Need assistance from an NFA dealer 

Alright Gents I am throwing myself at the mercy of the interwebs and any Wa. State FFL's that has access to suppressor mounts.

In a nut shell I am looking to purchase suppressor mounts. But right now I am trying to trouble shoot which 3-lug mount I will be going with for an Octane 45K.

I have an Aero precision carbine COP upper that a 7.5" barrel is 1/4" to short for. This is not a problem because I will be putting a 3-lug muzzle device on it (http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-3-Lug ... 8-p106.htm) to go on my QC10 barrel (http://www.rainierarms.com/quarter-circle-10-barrels)

Here is a picture of the two combined:

As far as I can tell the distance between the end of the barrel and the end of the rail is 1/4 of an inch. The 3-lug adapter will take up this room just fine. Now here is my dilemma. The 3-lug mount that goes on the end of the suppressor will just barely slot in under the rail. I am looking at the Silencer Co 3-lug mount and the Griffin Armament. Now, I do not want to order a mount, find it doesn't work and have to order the other mount (supposedly the Silencer Co mount add's 1.25 inches to the suppressor but the Griffin only add's about 1/4 of an inch) Both mounts look like they are slimmer than the actual suppressor. I would test fit the suppressor but it's currently in jail. Each mounts costs roughly 125. So that is why I don't want to buy two.

I am currently located on the East side of the State and there are very very few FFL's that deal in NFA items and those that do the selection is lacking. SO...here is where I would need some help. I am looking for an FFL that has either one or the other 3-lug mounts (both would be nice) that would be willing to let me come in and test fit. I am also looking for two Griffin taper mounts and two blast shields. I would prefer to buy local (Wa. State) and support local businesses.

PM me here

Thank you for reading my long drawn out post.

Luke

Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]