Switch to full style
FFLs, please contact an Admin to get a section here, for your use.
Post a reply

New FFL/Dealer in the Beacon Hill/Seattle Area

Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:48 pm

Hi Folks,

So I recently got my FFL finalized (class 7) and can now support the local community with reasonably priced private transfers and online orders in the Seattle/Beacon Hill area. I am currently charging $25 (inclusive of tax and CC fees) per firearm. Just note that the WA SAR fee is extra ($18), if I am supporting you with that, and there are requirements around collecting sales tax if its not a private transfer/you already paid.

I will transfer pistols and SAR's after 10 business days if your LEA does not return a background check result on time.

The catch - I also have a day job and travel a fair bit - you will need to check that our calendars align before shipping me something (not to mention my safes can get fairly full). I try and keep unavailable dates lists on the site.

I do try and stock a small inventory as well (<10 items), so if your looking for something quickly please check it out. I am trying to keep margins at ~5% .. I still enjoy doing this, and as long as I cover all costs (like all the licenses) ill be happy. I do accept credit cards, but do need to pass on the ~3.4% fee on larger items.

For calendar availability or to check what I have/can get - please DM me, email me (ffl@woofyarms.com) or check out the site (https://woofyarms.com).

Thanks!

Jake

Re: New FFL/Dealer in the Beacon Hill/Seattle Area

Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:09 pm

Is your website correct? Are you charging a transfer fee for guns you are selling? Not guns ordered through another company then shipped to you, but the ones you have listed as your stock?
https://woofyarms.com/stock

Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:15 pm

Unicorn wrote:Is your website correct? Are you charging a transfer fee for guns you are selling? Not guns ordered through another company then shipped to you, but the ones you have listed as your stock?
https://woofyarms.com/stock

Yes - but that's also the only profit. The "cost basis" is the wholesale price paid. So I pass that through without markup, and then just charge $30 (and since thats a "transfer fee" its tax exempt - reducing the overall price). B&O tax of about 1/2 a percent actually makes transfers a better deal for me than selling guns. I need these firearms gone before the mag ban comes in; and I think ill pass on stocking items in the future.

FWIW - some of these are bellow MAP - but my "advertised price" is the full tax included rate in the left.

Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:17 pm

Did Seattle get rid of their $25/gun special tax?

Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:20 pm

Stokes wrote:Did Seattle get rid of their $25/gun special tax?

I wish - no, I need to pay that on every gun sold to anyone in WA.. hence the "Seattle Tax" column. Only good news there is that since its a tax already, the 10.25% does not apply to it.

Hence yes - hard to complete; so just charging cost + $30 to get rid of these. Ill keep focusing in transfers and special orders.

Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:59 pm

That's still there as well as their stupid nickle per round for centerfire and whatever it is for rimfire.

Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:01 am

Unicorn wrote:

That's still there as well as their stupid nickle per round for centerfire and whatever it is for rimfire.

Yep - they have just driven business outside of the city limits; and lost more in tax revenue than they gained by a LONG way. I am predominately hoping just to help folks order from gun broker and other out of state sellers. If I stock anything - it will just be to get any "minimum" buy requirements from wholesalers met, and then will sell at cost + standard transfer fee's ($30, same I will be charging for transfers).

Now to see if I want to get involved in the NFA business.
Post a reply