Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:12 am

Rules Brads Guns RA I5 Guns & Ammo Killer Innovations WAC
WGO Chat Room Rehv Arms LPG Pintos
Gear COUNTYLINE WCA Fortis 2A Ind.
Calendar





Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 PM problemo 
Author Message
User avatar

Location: Sultan
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014
Posts: 22
Real Name: Mike
Hello, hoping this hasn't already been answered, and yes I did try looking thru here. I am trying to send a PM and it just sits in my outbox. What am I doing wrong? Do I have to have a minimum number of posts before I can PM Thanks!


Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:37 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Kent, WA
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011
Posts: 6842
Real Name: Young
It'll stay in your outbox until the receiver (the person you PM'd) reads it.

Then it's marked off your outbox...

So the person you sent it too... has not read it.
(well technically they also get an email... so they could of read it but on their email not on their PM within the site).

_________________
"Shoot Often, Shoot Safely and Share Your Sport!"
Jim Scoutten, Shooting USA


Tentsile Affiliate
Get 10% off on www.Tentsile.com
Discount code: YOUNGKIM10


Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:39 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Monroe, WA
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011
Posts: 1364
Real Name: Dustin
I love this question.


Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:53 am
Profile
Site Moderator
User avatar
Site Moderator

Location: Duvall
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011
Posts: 6776
Real Name: Jaime
Please PM Tactical Assault this question. Pretty Please?

_________________
Consider donating to:
WAGUNS
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms


Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:59 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Zip code EIEIO aka Mattawa
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012
Posts: 949
Real Name: Scott
Image

_________________
Murphy was an optimist.
Darwin Awards are earned by far more than are actually awarded.


Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:09 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Spooning your mom all over Kitsap
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011
Posts: 5873
Real Name: *Classified*
BadKarma wrote:
Please PM Tactical Assault this question. Pretty Please?


I agree. There may be something he can help you with.

_________________
Think a woman might be grateful when I hold a door open for her?

NOOOoooo!

All I get is "Hey! I'm peeing in here!"


"Peace is the brief, glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading."


Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:37 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Lynnwood
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012
Posts: 6721
Real Name: Mike
SIG556 wrote:
BadKarma wrote:
Please PM Tactical Assault this question. Pretty Please?


I agree. There may be something he can help you with.

:runforthehills:

_________________
Licensed/Bonded/Insured Hardwood Floor Installer/Finisher http://www.hardwoodfloorsnw.com/


Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:44 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Yelm
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011
Posts: 10986
Real Name: Michael
oldkim wrote:
It'll stay in your outbox until the receiver (the person you PM'd) reads it.

Then it's marked off your outbox...

So the person you sent it too... has not read it.
(well technically they also get an email... so they could of read it but on their email not on their PM within the site).

And it's a great way to know if someone is blowing you off.

_________________
ANZAC wrote:
That one that says "From my cold dead hands..... will require a background check"


He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.


Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:35 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar
Site Admin

Location: Renton, WA
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011
Posts: 30091
Real Name: Steve
mash man wrote:
oldkim wrote:
It'll stay in your outbox until the receiver (the person you PM'd) reads it.

Then it's marked off your outbox...

So the person you sent it too... has not read it.
(well technically they also get an email... so they could of read it but on their email not on their PM within the site).

And it's a great way to know if someone is blowing you off.


Sort of....

They are probably also getting e-mail notifications, and as Young mentioned they might just read it in the e-mail and leave the PM alone.

_________________
Steve

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.


Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:47 pm
Profile
User avatar

Location: Sultan
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014
Posts: 22
Real Name: Mike
sinus211 wrote:
SIG556 wrote:
BadKarma wrote:
Please PM Tactical Assault this question. Pretty Please?


I agree. There may be something he can help you with.

:runforthehills:


Was it a stupid question? Sorry but I thought I might be doing something wrong, so I asked the question.


Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:38 pm
Profile
User avatar

Location: Sultan
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014
Posts: 22
Real Name: Mike
MadPick wrote:
mash man wrote:
oldkim wrote:
It'll stay in your outbox until the receiver (the person you PM'd) reads it.

Then it's marked off your outbox...

So the person you sent it too... has not read it.
(well technically they also get an email... so they could of read it but on their email not on their PM within the site).

And it's a great way to know if someone is blowing you off.


Sort of....

They are probably also getting e-mail notifications, and as Young mentioned they might just read it in the e-mail and leave the PM alone.


Thanks all, now I know how it works! :bow:


Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:39 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar
Site Admin

Location: Renton, WA
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011
Posts: 30091
Real Name: Steve
Aero wrote:
Was it a stupid question? Sorry but I thought I might be doing something wrong, so I asked the question.


No, it's not a stupid question; since the PM system works differently than Outlook or similar e-mail systems, it's actually a very common question.

And, being so common . . . hence the comments that you see whenever someone posts it. :bigsmile:

BTW, Google will often give you much better search results than the built-in WaGuns search. Just put "site:waguns.org" at the end of your search query. Check this out:

https://www.google.com/#q=pm+outbox+site:waguns.org&safe=off

_________________
Steve

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.


Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:42 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Monroe, WA
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011
Posts: 1364
Real Name: Dustin
Aero wrote:
sinus211 wrote:
SIG556 wrote:
BadKarma wrote:
Please PM Tactical Assault this question. Pretty Please?


I agree. There may be something he can help you with.

:runforthehills:


Was it a stupid question? Sorry but I thought I might be doing something wrong, so I asked the question.


Most of us have probably asked the question. That's why it's funny. Just consider it part of your initiation.


Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:51 pm
Profile
Site Moderator
User avatar
Site Moderator

Location: Olympia, Warshington.
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011
Posts: 10300
Real Name: Oly Damon
Aero wrote:
sinus211 wrote:
SIG556 wrote:
BadKarma wrote:
Please PM Tactical Assault this question. Pretty Please?


I agree. There may be something he can help you with.

:runforthehills:


Was it a stupid question? Sorry but I thought I might be doing something wrong, so I asked the question.


Not a stupid question at all.... Some people just forget they once were new and not old seasoned know it alls...

_________________
www.olydemon.com


Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:11 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Location: Sultan
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014
Posts: 22
Real Name: Mike
LOL okay, thank fellers! :ROFLMAO: Got to remember, I'm an old guy icon_eek


Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:42 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum



Rent Me Pintos NRA SAF CCKRBA
Aldersons UPAMMO


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.
[ Time : 1.127s | 14 Queries | GZIP : On ]